Bellazon

The Political Correctness Haters' Club

Sarah.Adams

8 hours ago, CandleVixen said:

She does look like a generational toss back to the 50’s and 60’s (except with more current hair and makeup) with the pose and it being black and white. 

She is still pretty too.

yea it looks like those photographs of people from the 50s and 60s as you say. 

honestly I thought she would be prettier.   But I haven't found any other picture of her as a  young woman.

She looks more distinguished now- aging has changed her face- and when she was getting grilled by the Senate I was thinking that she must be the most attractive female judge in America!

3 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

She looks more distinguished now- aging has changed her face- and when she was getting grilled by the Senate I was thinking that she must be the most attractive female judge in America!

Ya know, unfortunately aging happens to all of us. 
One of the more pretty ones for sure. 

After 45,000 miles of traveling in the Northeast on weekends since Trump got elected I am fully convinced that the only way to save the run down cities and towns and rebuild the middle class is to do the unthinkable- to start a new cold war, employ tens of millions of people in arms manufacturing and the military, and find a way to take away most of the excess wealth of the ultra rich like FDR did in the 1930s in order to fund the debts and the spending.  

This would require a sharp move towards authoritarianism and a sharp decline in the private sector/free market as a % of the economy.  However, a new, multi-decade Cold war is not in the cards.  Bush Jr tried it and it failed.

@Cult Icon I kinda agree. I thought close to that when I was in college back in the late eighties.

My thinking was taking a look back through the years in the twentieth century was that since the US averaged a war every generation, and with it came an economic upswing as a result. 

I know it’s callous to think it, but...:idk:

The "network effects" are confirmed in Economic/financial history.  Besides maintaining a big military, the Chinese communists / Soviets / Nazis also followed the path of constantly generating artificial demand by building infrastructure, a lot of it seemingly dubious at first.   This route is politically impracticable in a western democracy.  The problem in the US is when the taxes for the rich were dramatically lowered particularly starting from the Reagan years, which lead to an accumulation of debt that has continued onto this day.  

I've seen more hollowed out main streets and industrial sites than I can count.  Ghost towns and ghost cities.  If the middle class was strong in the US than there would be no need for the fraudulent Alt-right, their ideological word-play, and Trump to even exist, let along trailer homes with "Keep America Great Trump 2020" flags on them.

This traveling has become the death knell of my economic libertarianism.  I no longer believe that small businesses and entrepreneurship- which provide much of the employment- can be relied upon to sustain a strong middle class, particularly in the smaller towns and cities.  

On 10/19/2020 at 5:52 PM, Matt! said:

Gandhi is that you? :Amelie_wft::wave:

Yep, I think she is. And the fact that she denies it reinforces that she is :laugh:

On 10/20/2020 at 5:01 AM, CandleVixen said:

Not quite.  I know I swear more than he did! 
:Ophelia_Immortal:

Are you a redhead, Candlevixen? :bounce:

PS: I'm sure Gandhi swore a lot!

On 10/19/2020 at 1:02 AM, Cult Icon said:

IMHO I don't think it is "PC", more like people are sick of arguing, ranting, and worthless debating.   

There are lots of younglings that discover politics and yet they don't like debating. They don't debate because they think other opinions are evil. The only discuss with people agreeing with them. That's because of PC. It's clones discussing with clones.

But debate is the cornerstone of democracy.

On 10/19/2020 at 2:43 AM, Cult Icon said:

There should be a much better test than this.  This test has been around for ages, I think I first saw it in the early 2000s.

This test comes across as dubious at best, without the assumptions/formula they used provided.

Yep, this test sounds dated and I'm not sure it's as easy as they think to characterize people. A couple of examples:

- fighting against monopolies: right or left? Both say they fight it (none of them do though :laugh:)

- fighting religious extremism: right or left? Both say they do (except it's not the same extremists they fight)

- defending the middle class: right or left? None of them do. That's why traditional politicians are being hit hard.

- fighting for equality? Well, that's a trick question because it depends if it's equality of opportunity or equality of outcome.

- defending big corporations? You'd think it's right wing, but look at all the articles from left wing media outlets. They all defend giant corps like Disney, Google, Twitter, and all their pals. Look at who fund the democrats.

Right or left don't make sense, it's a dated view and it's too binary, while there are lots of shades in real people's opinions. If you absolutely need a dual reading grid, Nietzsche's master/slave morality is slightly more adequate (even if it's far from being perfect).

35 minutes ago, Enrico_sw said:

Well, AOC doesn't seem to know anything about politics... but she's good at "Among us", a game which is about lying (a discipline she's very good at :nicole:).  And she plays with Ilhan Omar (who is a total nutjob and an extremist).

Nope, that's just Einstein level genuineness #AOC2024..Nope, that's not lying, it's just another not telling the truth technique developed and excelled by the democrats  :Amelie_wft:

Who is this Omar character? :Amelie_wft:

15 hours ago, Enrico_sw said:

Yep, I think she is. And the fact that she denies it reinforces that she is :laugh:

Are you a redhead, Candlevixen? :bounce:

PS: I'm sure Gandhi swore a lot!

:blush:

Aww shucks y’all! That made my night! 

A red head for life. I started out that way, anyway. Nature is helped along some nowadays.

On 10/22/2020 at 3:46 PM, Enrico_sw said:

^ Redheads are great :thumbs_up:

Hubs thinks so. :eyebrows:

On 10/22/2020 at 3:46 PM, Enrico_sw said:

Oh and that does explain your user name

Eh, kind of. 
Years ago when I was crafting a lot, my focus was making candles. 
Hubs called me vixen a lot, and he smushed the two together, and the rest is history. 

One of these years I will get back to them. I may not sell any, but I will enjoy making them again.

To keep this on topic, I hated to use “natural” waxes like soy, or other plant based ones. 
I preferred to use paraffin wax. Which is dead dinosaurs. Can’t get more natural than that.