Bellazon

General Discussion

Neo52285

On 1/31/2018 at 10:31 AM, Souled-Out said:

welp.thumb.png.31c44f9445cc08a57271d1941b273895.png

She will probably end up going back to 11.5 million because she isn't posting anything on her feed and her last post just wasn't good. 

Update. She is still going back towards 11.5.

Her last post was better in terms of leaving a quote on her page. Like I said, its better that the first thing people see when they go to her profile is a positive quote, not a negative quote.

But, the decline is still happening and now her "Daily Average" gain, which is how much she gains each day is dropping more too. It went from 1K, to 900K to 800K

1.thumb.png.bd27d1f18a70b59d845fe5bcbb1ea10a.png

I think this is both because of what she has been posting and the lack of her posting on her feed period. Not everybody is going to see IG stories, so it doesn't help. Its not some "problem"  in the system, other models and people are fine. And its honestly obvious why she is losing so much.Its not like there isn't a reason for this to be happening, its not mysterious. No work has been done/Came out + She hasn't posted anything related to herself on her profile, she hasn't provided anything for people to keep interest with her.

2 hours ago, Souled-Out said:

Her last post was better in terms of leaving a quote on her page. Like I said, its better that the first thing people see when they go to her profile is a positive quote, not a negative quote.

I agree with this. I have mixed views in terms of my opinion on the content of her last post. I mean I think it's important to support your children regardless of their academic progress, and it's important to help their confidence by making sure that they are aware that their talent or marks in a particular subject don't define their self-worth. In my personal life however I'm somewhat wary of this attitude taken on without room for what's practical. We live in a society where standardized exams do determine a lot, as does your GPA and your ability to do well in school in latter years. I feel that it's important to have a balance. I don't think the answer to doing poorly on cognitive tests is the awareness of there being professions other than doctors and lawyers in the world. I think the correct route is to make sure your child knows they are not stupid for being poor at certain subjects, but to enlist the proper help to help them overcome this.

Maybe Adriana does think this too. I'm not ascribing any views to her, but even if she does not believe as I do, I like her last post because at least it takes some kind of a stance and it's an opinion on something. Even if it is somewhat negative in that she *is* complaining or bringing attention to a problem, at least it's not a problem that she profits off of. And her heart is in the right place, like almost always.

14 hours ago, *Luna* said:

I still don’t believe someone’s personality would change just like that. (About Candice). As special as having a child is, it’s not like you become someone entirely different either. Does it change things? Yeah, absolutely! But not everything. Some personalities  never change or atleast not entirely. Anyway, I still believe that unless Adriana follows her back, she’ll get unfollowed again pretty soon :rofl: and if not it sure could get awkward if/when they ever work together (at a shoot, but I doubt it) or at the VS show. “Hey Adriana, did you see the picture of us I just uploaded? It’s amazing!” A: “Huh? No I didn’t, I don’t follow you” :rofl: 

You don't have to change your entire personality and everything about yourself to not be petty enough to unfollow a model that unfollows you. I personally have always thought Adriana was petty as hell for caring so much about who she follows or doesn't follow and caring so much about what she sees on her feed that it prompts her to unfollow certain people. She's clearly someone that is often times ruled by her emotions or moods. I think the reason that most people didn't speak about Candice's unfollowing people as Adriana does is because maybe they didn't expect much differently from Candice or maybe they don't follow her in that way (outside of her fans and all other 15 year olds). I think that it doesn't necessarily have to be so much about Candice changing everything about her personality but you have children and you start caring about insignificant things a little bit less (unless you're Adriana, then apparently you for some reason always will care about these kinds of things). It does seem like Candice just grew up. Does it mean she let go of all of her pettiness or insecurities? Probably not. We don't know her and I guess I'll speak for myself but I've never kept up with her enough to be able to speak to how much she has changed. It just simply seems like, if she's aware adriana unfollowed, she just doesn't care about that kind of crap anymore because she has better perspective on life. She has a child and another on the way and she has a brand she will now be focusing on.

I love that we get more photos of models in the instagram age but I honestly have found that social media has made me like most models that I had a liking to a little bit less. Adriana included. I think most models are really annoying on instagram/social media. Adriana is one of the worst offenders of this (for me, just with her habits and her posts) but I think generally speaking-- a lot of people feel similarly about models/social media overall.

Exactly! Social media has ruined so many models for me and as you said, Adriana is the worst offender. I can’t believe how happy I was when she opened an Instagram account vs how she turned out.

I’d rather her not use social media at all like Kate Moss ( at least with her the mystery is still there) or balance it out with enough relatability  (but not really) as Gisele’s, whose Instagram image is the best of any model or just be unapproachably sexy like Irina.

Adriana’s social media presence is a disgrace and I’d rather she quit.

^she is a model. Thats always my main point, social media apart of her job now.Even as a public figure it is. Gisele is semi retired and she is Gisele it doesn't matter at all for her. Kate moss is in her 40s, she is kinda retired herself. It doesn't matter for her neither.

But Adriana is not kate moss. I think its necessary for her. I think that her follower count will not be the only thing that is declining if she keeps this up. You see how her follower count is going down at the same time she isn't working?

The industry barely looks at adriana as a 00's model, even though thats what she is. They have made it clear she is moving along and fitting in with the industry today. So, just like models today tend to be affect by social media relations, so will she. Adriana isn't half retired like Gisele and Kate. She can't afford to just not be on there, especially if she is still a VS model. Thats big to them. There is no VS model that doesn't use social media. Lol it makes no sense to tell her to be like Kate moss, Kate was a 90s model. It makes more sense to compare her to Gisele who is also a 00's model, who also has a social media.

To call her a "disgrace to social media", uhh. I can see why you said that. Because Adriana is sometimes either very transparent on there or so confusing with her actions, she comes off as bizarre.  Like there is no inbetween with her. You can either read her like a book via social media or she does things that makes you question her. And its like why does she has to be that way? Why can't she just be normal about it like everybody else? Why can't she just do this one things for her followers who support her?

For example, her most recent post, I am going to be honest and say I feel like she just posted that because she needed to post something, and it was good. Whatever anybody opinion on the matter is their opinion, but it was a positive thing and it was empowering. But to be real, I feel like for some reason Adriana is purposely avoiding posting "interesting" stuff. Maybe because of her comment to Jourdan (Jourdan mentioned social media )?  I can't really  rationalize that, it just feels that way to me. Its like, she doesn't want to post what people/she usually does on social media but she knows she has to post something because its been a long time, so she went with that quote

While that was better, thats also annoying. Because I feel like she is just giving her followers a hard time. She knows what they want to see from her. Literally in the comments I see fans begging and she refuses to post those things. I feel like most of the time, Adriana is like that, thats why she never had as many followers as she should. Its like she thinks her fans shouldn't care so much about what she posts on social media and how much. I also think she fails to realize that in the end its REALLY going to affect HER more than anybody else. Sure, her fans may be disappointed  by what she posts or lack of posting, but in the end of the day, its her who is gonna lose followers. So its gonna be her who may experience a decline in her relevance and career. (How ELSE are people supposed to remember she exists. She isn't working. VS isn't using her. Literally how else do people suppose to remember her) and this will cause a decline in her success. Causing a decline in supporting herself, her family, and her boyfriend. I don't think Adriana ever looks at the bigger picture of things. She does things without looking at the affects and who it can negatively impact in the end or what kind of person she may look like.

Honestly, since she isn't even working she could atleast be posting something. Thats another thing about social media, we wouldn't have to miss her as much. Before social media, Adriana was a younger model AND VS used her alot. So, we didn't have to wait that long for content from her.  But now she is older, she isn't working, we all know VS isn't using her right now, a decent post on her social media would be good.

But like I said, she is either purposely refusing to share herself or lets not forget, Metin is still with her. And she does lack posting when she is around a guy. So, maybe she isn't giving social media/her followers a hard time, it could be because he is there... Thats scary because, Metin doesn't seem like a busy person. By the time he leaves Adriana will be at 11.5 million followers again.

But I can't fully say that he is the cause because he posts all the time still.. Why would she not post because she is so busy with him when he finds alot of time to post something? So, it may not be because he is around.

All I know is, she is underestimating how her habits on social media impacts her. I won't call her a disgrace to social media, but I honestly don't understand why she can't ever be normal on there? Why can't there be a good balance of content? She doesn't have to leave social media. She doesn't even have to silence herself there. But it would be nice of her to approach social media in a way that won't make her supporters feel stupid for supporting her the way they have. I think every single thing that Adriana has said and done on social media that was "problematic", could have been handled in a much better way to where its not easy to talk badly about her. She does NOT have to follow back fellow angels, but she could have unfollowed them at a time where it wouldn't have been obvious. I guess she can share her personal career decisions about not talking her clothes off, but she could have done it with clarity and disclaimer that she wasn't talking about VS. She doesn't have to post a selfie if she doesn't feel cute or something, or if she is too busy, but she could post throw back/random pics of her past OR most recent work (like Maybelline). If she wants to post a quote to express her feelings, she can do that, but if its negative, don't leave it up there for more than a week and turn people away with the bad vibes. I don't understand why is it hard for her and her team to run her account in away that will prevent damage to her?

24 minutes ago, Souled-Out said:

she is a model. Thats always my main point, its apart of her job. Gisele is semi retired and she is Gisele it doesn't matter at all for her. Kate moss is in her 40s, she is kinda retired herself. It doesn't matter for her neither.

But Adriana is not kate moss. She is not Gisele. I think its necessary for her. I think that her follower count will not be the only thing that is declining if she keeps this up. The industry barely looks at adriana as a 00's model, even though thats what she is. They have made it clear she is moving along and fitting in with the industry today. So, just like models today tend to be affect by social media relations, so will she. Adriana isn't half retired like Gisele and Kate. She can't afford to just not be on there, especially if she is still a VS model. Thats big to them. There is no VS model that doesn't use social media. Lol it makes no sense to tell her to be like Kate moss, Kate was a 90s model. It makes more sense to compare her to Gisele who is also a 00's model, who also has a social media.

To call her a "disgrace to social media", uhh. I can see why you said that. Because Adriana is sometimes either very transparent on there or so confusing with her actions, she comes off as bizarre.  Like there is no inbetween with her. You can either read her like a book via social media or she does things that makes you question her. And its like WHY does she has to be that way? Why can't she just be normal about it like everybody else? Why can't she just do this one things for her followers who support her?

For example, her most recent post, I am going to be honest and say I feel like she just posted that because she needed to post something, and it was good. Whatever anybody opinion on the matter is their opinion, but it was a positive thing and it was empowering. But to be real, I feel like for someone reason Adriana is purposely avoiding posting "interesting" stuff. I can't rationalize that, it just looks like it. Its like, she doesn't want to post what people usually do on social media but she knows she has to because its been a long time, so she went with that.

While that was better, thats also annoying. Because I feel like she is just giving her followers a hard time. She knows what they want to see from her and she refuses to post those things. I feel like most of the time, Adriana is like that, thats why she never had as many followers as she should. Its like she thinks her fans shouldn't care so much about what she posts on social media and how much. I also think she fails to realize that in the end its REALLY going to HER more than anybody else. Sure, her fans may be disappointed  by what she posts or lack of posting, but in the end of the day, its her who is gonna lose followers. So its gonna be her who may experience a decline in her career. Causing a decline in her success. Causing a decline in supporting herself, her family, and her boyfriend. I don't think Adriana ever looks at the bigger picture of things. She does things without looking at the affects and who it can negatively impact in the end.

Yes to the first two but her boyfriend is not her responsability, he has a job and has to sustain himself alone economically, not profiting from her (like he is just doing, staying at her house for long periods of time like it is an hotel...).

I wasn’t comparing her career to Kate Moss’ career or even Gisele’s. I’m just saying those women have a very clear vision as to how and what they want for their images to be like and Adriana just comes off as a lost puppy. I even mentioned Irina, whose image is being a femme fatale and she executes it perfectly.

PS IDK if Adriana needs social media as much as you think she does. It’s not like she’s still in her early 20s and can’t go without it like Romee. Adriana already peaked and her glory days are well behind her. She could use social media just for promotional purposes and post new work and she’ll be just fine  I mean yes sure, in the grand scheme of things she can’t completely go without it. And lol I’m not holding my breath for anymore VS work from her so yea she won’t  need social media for them. I mean I can’t say she’s semi retired but she’s almost 40 and Gisele who we all know is basically not working anymore is putting out more work than Adriana. How rich.

6 hours ago, Corner said:

I wasn’t comparing her career to Kate Moss’ career or even Gisele’s. I’m just saying those women have a very clear vision as to how and what they want for their images to be like and Adriana just comes off as a lost puppy. I even mentioned Irina, whose image is being a femme fatale and she executes it perfectly.

PS IDK if Adriana needs social media as much as you think she does. It’s not like she’s still in her early 20s and can’t go without it like Romee. Adriana already peaked and her glory days are well behind her. She could use social media just for promotional purposes and post new work and she’ll be just fine  I mean yes sure, in the grand scheme of things she can’t completely go without it. And lol I’m not holding my breath for anymore VS work from her so yea she won’t  need social media for them. I mean I can’t say she’s semi retired but she’s almost 40 and Gisele who we all know is basically not working anymore is putting out more work than Adriana. How rich.

Kate moss is a known former drug addict. Some speculate she still does drugs by her actions these days(partying, fighting on planes).. Lol. So,  I don't think image is the motivation for her lack of social media. Probably her age or something. I can see it being important for Gisele, but Gisele is also very smart when it comes to her brand and career. So ofcourse, she does what she is supposed to.

I think its important because she is a model people have mentioned social media about with. You mentioned the prime of her career, and her career was at its best in 2014, right in the middle of social media age. And Last year she was nominated by models.com for "social media" star. Her last GQ cover, was about social media stats.

https://i.mdel.net/i/db/2016/3/502652/502652-800w.jpg

She gains from it, so I think if it can give her things, it can take away things if its not doing well. For sure her followers will slip obviously they have, but it won't be the only thing. obviously her own image becomes at stake too because of how she chooses to approach social media. Like I said, she doesn't have to quit or silence herself or follow back every model, but be smart about how she handles it and do it safely. Don't give people room to look at you badly. Even with her lack of posting it leaves a bad impression because we think she isn't posting because of a guy or because she is resisting to because she knows that what some fans want to see from her.

I think it’s time to realize that she is just the way she is and I don’t see her changing anytime soon. She is almost 40 yet still acting like a emotional 15 year old teen sometimes. I do feel though that people take social media way too seriously, even though it is part of life nowadays. If she posted 5x a day people would call her all sorts of things, and if she didn’t post she would also get a lot of comments on it and questions like “why aren’t you posting?!” There should be a balance but she obviously doesn’t realize it or even wants it. As normal as posting everything about yourself and every day is now, maybe she just doesn’t want that and that’s okay too. I think it’s silly to be like “she has to post this if she isn’t going to post that”. Come on. :rofl: I think it’s way too late (in Adriana’s case) for any improvements. 

9 hours ago, fieldofoptics said:

You don't have to change your entire personality and everything about yourself to not be petty enough to unfollow a model that unfollows you. I personally have always thought Adriana was petty as hell for caring so much about who she follows or doesn't follow and caring so much about what she sees on her feed that it prompts her to unfollow certain people. She's clearly someone that is often times ruled by her emotions or moods. I think the reason that most people didn't speak about Candice's unfollowing people as Adriana does is because maybe they didn't expect much differently from Candice or maybe they don't follow her in that way (outside of her fans and all other 15 year olds). I think that it doesn't necessarily have to be so much about Candice changing everything about her personality but you have children and you start caring about insignificant things a little bit less (unless you're Adriana, then apparently you for some reason always will care about these kinds of things). It does seem like Candice just grew up. Does it mean she let go of all of her pettiness or insecurities? Probably not. We don't know her and I guess I'll speak for myself but I've never kept up with her enough to be able to speak to how much she has changed. It just simply seems like, if she's aware adriana unfollowed, she just doesn't care about that kind of crap anymore because she has better perspective on life. She has a child and another on the way and she has a brand she will now be focusing on.

I love that we get more photos of models in the instagram age but I honestly have found that social media has made me like most models that I had a liking to a little bit less. Adriana included. I think most models are really annoying on instagram/social media. Adriana is one of the worst offenders of this (for me, just with her habits and her posts) but I think generally speaking-- a lot of people feel similarly about models/social media overall.

That’s not necessarily a bad thing. Acting like a complete robot wouldn’t be very good either... And about whether or not Candice has changed, maybe she has in a lot of ways, I obviously don’t know her in real life, but I still don’t believe that her cattiness just *poof* disappeared after having a child. 

Well, my thing always is how it makes her look and the affect it could have on her career. I realize I am in the minority who thinks her lack of social media activity will impact her actual career. But I look at it like this: If she isn't working. If she doesn't have any new material coming out. if she isn't being seen. If VS isn't use her, how can she expect people to remember and continue to care about her? Esp at her age. Its just not gonna happen on its own.You all can argue that social media is nothing for her (even though I don't think thats entirely true, she got somewhere before social media but all the greater things she gained in the social media era says something) but what you guys can't argue against is that some kind of popularity and relevance is needed to keep a career in the industry ,you have to actually do something to maintain that.

And right now, Adriana has absolutely nothing going on to keep that going for her. Her last saving grace would be social media, but she is lacking there too. Unfollowing = Lost of interest. Thats been happening with her in and outside of social media. And this is what I mean about the start of a decline. Popularity and relevance just doesn't keep itself up. And the speculation amongst her fans of why she has been lacking all of this and seeming so careless about her career and being professional (her bf influence/presence or to teach some "lesson" to her fans) doesn't help making her look better neither and its another thing that throws fans off from her. Its a double negative, unless she is ready to retire, something has to give.

1 hour ago, *Luna* said:

She is almost 40 yet still acting like a emotional 15 year old teen sometimes.

1 hour ago, *Luna* said:

That’s not necessarily a bad thing. Acting like a complete robot wouldn’t be very good either...

I'm not sure how what I said in respect to her making decisions via her emotions is different than you referring to her behaving like an emotional 15 year old at times. It seems from your comments that I've read on here you often times view things in a very binary way. Black or white and nothing in between. Surely there is a grey area between someone seemingly using their emotions as a basis for important life decisions/making impulsive decisions vs. someone being a robot. The in between is what is rationally considered ideal.

1 hour ago, Souled-Out said:

Well, my thing always is how it makes her look and the affect it could have on her career. I realize I am in the minority who thinks her lack of social media activity will impact her actual career. But I look at it like this: If she isn't working. If she doesn't have any new material coming out. if she isn't being seen. If VS isn't use her, how can she expect people to remember and continue to care about her? Esp at her age. Its just not gonna happen on its own.You all can argue that social media is nothing for her (even though I don't think thats entirely true, she got somewhere before social media but all the greater things she gained in the social media era says something) but what you guys can't argue against is that some kind of popularity and relevance is needed to keep a career in the industry ,you have to actually do something to maintain that.

And right now, Adriana has absolutely nothing going on to keep that going for her. Her last saving grace would be social media, but she is lacking there too. Unfollowing = Lost of interest. Thats been happening with her in and outside of social media. And this is what I mean about the start of a decline. Popularity and relevance just doesn't keep itself up. And the speculation amongst her fans of why she has been lacking all of this and seeming so careless about her career and being professional (her bf influence/presence or to teach some "lesson" to her fans) doesn't help making her look better neither and its another thing that throws fans off from her. Its a double negative, unless she is ready to retire, something has to give.

I don't think she even expects people to remember or care about her. She doesn't seem interested in it. But even IF she did care about it, she isn't just starting her career. She, unlike new models, isn't depended on social media in order for her to get jobs. She isn't from this era where you need social media in order to become famous. To say the fashion industry doesn't recognise her as one of the 00 models isn't really correct? I have never seen anyone deny that she is part of the 00 era. Not sure where you read that or heard that. I don't approve of the way she is handling her career at all but "her last saving grace" isn't social media. She doesn't seem to care for it and I don't see that changing. As off putting as her behaviour has been, it's unrealistic to keep hoping for tons of new work from Adriana since (like I already said many times before) isn't starting just now.

6 minutes ago, fieldofoptics said:

I'm not sure how what I said in respect to her making decisions via her emotions is different than you referring to her behaving like an emotional 15 year old at times. It seems from your comments that I've read on here you often times view things in a very binary way. Black or white and nothing in between. Surely there is a grey area between someone seemingly using their emotions as a basis for important life decisions/making impulsive decisions vs. someone being a robot. The in between is what is rationally considered ideal.

I just say what I see. Yes, she is almost 40 but sometimes she does really act like a teen gone wild who doesn't know what she wants with her life. Not sure what's wrong with seeing things that way? I definitely don't see things in a very black and white way but the sad thing is that there doesn't seem to be any "in between" behaviour with Adriana. 

8 hours ago, Corner said:

8 hours ago, Souled-Out said:

Kate moss is a known former drug addict. Some speculate she still does drugs by her actions these days(partying, fighting on planes).. Lol. So,  I don't think image is the motivation for her lack of social media. Probably her age or something. I can see it being important for Gisele, but Gisele is also very smart when it comes to her brand and career. So ofcourse, she does what she is supposed to.

She gains from it, so I think if it can give her things, it can take away things if its not doing well. For sure her followers will slip obviously they have, but it won't be the only thing. obviously her own image becomes at stake too because of how she chooses to approach social media. Like I said, she doesn't have to quit or silence herself or follow back every model, but be smart about how she handles it and do it safely. Don't give people room to look at you badly. Even with her lack of posting it leaves a bad impression because we think she isn't posting because of a guy or because she is resisting to because she knows that what some fans want to see from her.

I definitely think Adriana should keep her social media. And I stand by my comment that she is one of the worst offenders when it comes to being annoying on instagram, but TBH most models are annoying on instagram. I think Gisele does a good job maintaining her page/brand on instagram but I don't follow her because I don't want to see pictures of trees and horses 24/7. But that's subjective. It's not so much about content these days as it is some semblance of aesthetic or at least consistency. Adriana doesn't give us either. I actually kind of *LIKE* that she doesn't have an aesthetic on there and doesn't take herself super seriously but at the same time it's hard not to cringe when she posts quotes about how women are queens and should be treated well (but in fairness, while I would find anyone posting that annoying, it's more annoying to me because as a fan of hers I know that she basically only dates guys that don't treat her well, at least in recent times)

Does she need social media? I don't keep up with the numbers and all but I think I agree with Souled Out. And a lot of what you said Corner can also kind of point to a conclusion different than what you're thinking (not that you ought change your mind-- just throwing it out there). Like you said she's not in her prime anymore. It's over. She is well sought after when it comes to models her age but it's not like she's just so in demand that she doesn't have to make some effort. And in 2018, if you're a working model without an instagram? I don't know about that. Kate Moss is Kate Moss. Her birthday just passed and literally every single big name in the industry made it a point to wish her a happy birthday on instagram because it's Kate. Knowing she'll probably never see it. Kate's name alone still has a lot of weight in the industry and sells itself. Gisele is also Gisele. Different level, different status, different career. But I would say that it helps her more as it comes to her brand, she's kind of retired so she's not needing to promote herself for publicity.

Sigh. I would not attempt to compare Gisele to Adriana as it comes to expectations or career but Gisele did get a vogue italia cover and all I can think is can we get something Adriana?! A less meaningful vogue maybe. ANYTHING?! Vogue arabia. EVEN VOGUE TURKEY. Surely with this metin bs they would love a cover with her.

Also, on a side note, I know that the bellazon consensus is that Adriana's initial post about how she won't be taking off her clothes anymore was referring to the love advent (love magazine). If it's true that others in the industry are turned off enough to a point where it'll impact the work she gets (and as of right now I don't think that's the case) then it's kind of amusing that Katie Grand (the editor for the love magazine) seems to not care one lick or be put off by Adriana having made that comment. Not only did she post a random photo of Adriana from the early 2000s, but she randomly likes 7-8 photos of Adriana in a row on instagram at least once every two weeks or so. I've seen it happen multiple times now (and for her to like that many random pics of adriana, she's either going to one of adriana's fan pages or browsing her hash tag or something). Just pointing it out because if Adriana was referencing the love magazine, Katie clearly cares not. Or maybe Adriana or her PR team were savvy enough to reach out to her to do a bit of damage control (but I doubt even the bare minimum from her or her team most of the time) OR it wasn't about the love advent specifically.

1 hour ago, *Luna* said:

I don't think she even expects people to remember or care about her. She doesn't seem interested in it. But even IF she did care about it, she isn't just starting her career. She, unlike new models, isn't depended on social media in order for her to get jobs. She isn't from this era where you need social media in order to become famous. To say the fashion industry doesn't recognise her as one of the 00 models isn't really correct? I have never seen anyone deny that she is part of the 00 era. Not sure where you read that or heard that. I don't approve of the way she is handling her career at all but "her last saving grace" isn't social media. She doesn't seem to care for it and I don't see that changing. As off putting as her behaviour has been, it's unrealistic to keep hoping for tons of new work from Adriana since (like I already said many times before) isn't starting just now.

She needs to because there is no other way in an industry like modelling that she will continue to get by if she doesn't care . I don't think there is anyway you can get by in the pop culture industry period without trying to maintain your relevance . Adriana does not have a typical job, someone like her does need to keep their social media. If she isn't going to use her social media as a way for people to keep interest and for the industry to keep interest, she could atleast be working more. But we don't know if thats by choice or not..the maybelline and IWC events were the last things she did since Early December. Its going on three months and she hasn't done anything.

Candice also isn't from this new era, she started in 2007, as referenced to before. She was an angel before IG was even created. She did all the thing same things Adriana is doing now and look where it got her when she finally came back. And thats a model who isn't actually from the social media era neither, she just gained bigger success in it because she was always good at it. But Adriana managed because of her name and she was working ALOT in the middle of the  social media age, so she had social success too, it  just came in a different way for her. None the less, neither of these models are from this era. But one has managed to be badly impacted by inactivity on social media and the industry. (people wondering why we kept seeing paparazzi photos of pregnant candice, thats why. PR stunt, to keep things going while she isn't working .Those PR methods are working for candy but Adriana would probably rather let her career die before doing something like that, so she shouldn't let it get to that point if she still wants to be who she is )

I didn't say someone literally said she isn't regarded as 00's model, I meant it seems people forget it. She doesn't typically get grouped with the early 00's models. Probably because the height of her career came in 2014 not 2004. And because she is still an angel. Up until this point, Adriana maintained so much, but she also achieved things so much later in her career, she didn't even start going to the MET until 2014, I think this is why people forget how long she has been around and which era she belongs to.

I don't think its unrealistic to expect some kind of work when we have named countless of models who are adriana's age, close to it, and older and they have done more thus far. Even models like Alessandra, who is also now half retired and her career has never been better than adriana's. But she has a cover already.

12 hours ago, Souled-Out said:

I think its important because she is a model people have mentioned social media about with. You mentioned the prime of her career, and her career was at its best in 2014, right in the middle of social media age. And Last year she was nominated by models.com for "social media" star. Her last GQ cover, was about social media stats.

https://i.mdel.net/i/db/2016/3/502652/502652-800w.jpg

Lool Oh Kate! That’s exactly my point though , that’s her image, she’s not trying to sell this wholesome clean woman persona even from the beginning of her career she was a bad girl so no one in the industry would bat an eye if she’s caught using drugs or making inflammatory remarks. That’s who she is and there’s nothing confusing about it. It’s a very clear and consistent image. And she’s known to be very unapologetic about it. Her motto is: “Never complain, never explain”. That’s quite telling that she doesn’t give a shit.

Adriana on the other hand... well you already know.

Lol also, that’s a GQ Spain cover you made reference to :rofl: Wasn’t it a reprint as well?

And Models.com doesn’t have any impact  in 2018 (visit their site and see the rankings for yourself)

7 hours ago, Corner said:

Lool Oh Kate! That’s exactly my point though , that’s her image, she’s not trying to sell this wholesome clean woman persona even from the beginning of her career she was a bad girl so no one in the industry would bat an eye if she’s caught using drugs or making inflammatory remarks. That’s who she is and there’s nothing confusing about it. It’s a very clear and consistent image. And she’s known to be very unapologetic about it. Her motto is: “Never complain, never explain”. That’s quite telling that she doesn’t give a shit.

Adriana on the other hand... well you already know.

Lol also, that’s a GQ Spain cover you made reference to :rofl: Wasn’t it a reprint as well?

And Models.com doesn’t have any impact  in 2018 (visit their site and see the rankings for yourself)

I don't think Kate doesn't have a social media so that she "won't sell anything". I don't think she cares about something like that. She doesn't even care about having a clean image. Thats probably why she doesn't have a social media she is older and from a completely different generation and doesn't care for it.

It was a reprint of a british GQ editorial, that was also based on social media. Thats why people like jasmine sanders (who barely got real modelling work at that time) was featured.

I stand by what I say, Adriana reached her true peak in her career in the middle of the social media era (2014) and thats probably why people forget she is a 00's models and why someone like her should do a better job on and keeping their social media, and not delete it.