Bellazon

General Discussion

Neo52285

I was watching the VS show 2012 today again and unless i had thought before, Adriana gets a lot of attention and spotlight in the show...i watched it from a different perspective like the general public watching it at home and the image that Adri sets is like ultimate goddess, head angel and supreme queen. for example being the first one to come out in the credits and on the runway, with the other models speaking about her amazing super bowl commercial and how powerful she is...also the fact that she didn't show up in that clip about love is another thing that helps it to set the feeling that she's the untouchable queen since that video was too "young" for her, like for example Ale was on it but didn't even appear almost (unfortunately, because for me she's also the queen)

then on the finale, she was that supreme red bombshell and stole the spotlight, i love how classy she was, differently from the past shows! however i hope they do some special video for her or Ale this year on their big journey with the brand.

I was watching the VS show 2012 today again and unless i had thought before, Adriana gets a lot of attention and spotlight in the show...i watched it from a different perspective like the general public watching it at home and the image that Adri sets is like ultimate goddess, head angel and supreme queen. for example being the first one to come out in the credits and on the runway, with the other models speaking about her amazing super bowl commercial and how powerful she is...also the fact that she didn't show up in that clip about love is another thing that helps it to set the feeling that she's the untouchable queen since that video was too "young" for her, like for example Ale was on it but didn't even appear almost (unfortunately, because for me she's also the queen)

then on the finale, she was that supreme red bombshell and stole the spotlight, i love how classy she was, differently from the past shows! however i hope they do some special video for her or Ale this year on their big journey with the brand.

I was thinking the same thing. People complained so much about them talking about candice, and I was like they actually talked about Adriana too. Both of them got more attention that night than everyone else, despite adriana not being able to get 3 outfits, VS still gave her more spotlight than all the other angels. And I kinda didn't understand why people weren't fussing over that but kept fussing on candice. But I guess since we went an entire year without Adriana, her moments was more appreciated.

Yeah I hope they also do something for her and ale this year. Esp ale, they always throw her under the bus.

I agree they both got attention but that 3mins talking about Candice was too much and Candice got like 3 Wings almost... anyway I personally didn't like this show at all and I am disappointed that Adriana didn't get some beautiful Angel outfit...

But Adriana had already gotten that remember, in 2003 vsfs.. it just wasn't exactly exactly the same like Adriana didn't give her bio about where she came from...even though adriana was actually cute when she was a child :rofl:  lol anyways... we didn't get a "where was adriana from" but it was a segment giving adriana compliments and talking about how big she became and will become and how she has changed through the years. Thats also why I didn't complain much when candice had that little segment because adriana had one similar years back and it was also the same year adriana wore two wings, made one of them, and opened the show.

They are slowly kissing candice ass fashion show by fashion show,every year its a little something but They kissed Adriana ass all in one year, and after gisele left they continued to put more spotlight on her each fashion show. So the only reason why I would complain about candice also getting extra attention is because its her they are giving it to. In my opinion someone like Adriana is worthy of it ALL lol. Not just adriana but someone more like her

I think the outfit thing was because adriana's return was extremely short noticed. We all know things would have happened better if they knew for sure that she was coming and new what her body would be like. Because they gave her that red outfit, and I don't think they knew her body was going to be that much bigger lol. I love Adriana but I know that outfit was squeezing her to death.

But I still hope Adriana gets another segment because Adriana actually has a story. Candice grew up on  farm... ok lol. Adriana was really poor and her life is a rags to riches story and also that self esteem stuff, THATS something to talk about for 3 minutes, you know. And even Alessandra who worked her ass off to become a model, she is a model because she really wanted to be, thats inspirational. They have better stories to tell than a farm girl who vs has been trying to push, sorry candice.

I agree. & even though Candice got the 2 min thing, wings and all, Dri still had more queen status, while Candice sounded more like a new girl in her debut or something. 

About the outfit thing, well no model was as big as her (in a good way), and also she came in for her fittings in the last week, so the red outfit really seemed like a last-minute thing. It was just the regular lingerie with that ugly green thing which also looked like it was recycled from other stuff.

But I still hope Adriana gets another segment because Adriana actually has a story.

Agreed.

sorry but i don't know what is this segment that Adriana got in 2003 that people talk so much about...are u guys talking about the moment that Ed says she's a bomb/most beautiful woman in the world? if so, it was just 5 seconds or less in the middle of the video  :blueeyedbaby:

sorry but i don't know what is this segment that Adriana got in 2003 that people talk so much about...are u guys talking about the moment that Ed says she's a bomb/most beautiful woman in the world? if so, it was just 5 seconds or less in the middle of the video  :blueeyedbaby:

He called her the most beautiful woman in the world? Lol anyways it was still the same thing it was just like giselle said candice was more of a debut segment, adriana that year was someone of higher status."Someone you already know, but we are going to brag about her anyway" Like I said they gave Adriana more compliments than anything, Like you can't compliment someone for as long as you can talk about someone else's life lol but there were some different intentions... still giving them more spotlight than others though. They got mentioned, introduced(more so candice), and praised(more so adriana) when no one else did(besides adriana again in 2012 lol) what happen in 2003 and 2012 wasn't that different to me, besides the fact they were making candice's more like a debut, which caused it to be longer

Even though I don't care for half of the current angel line up right now I do hope everyone gets an equal amount of attention in this year's show although I know that probably want happen, but it would be nice. I never understood the point of having like a dozen contracted angels and only pushing/promoted a select few. Just push/promote all the angels at the same amount and the ones that "Got It" will shine and breakthrough on there own.

I loved me some Candice when she first started out but I was more and more turned off by her because of mainly VS constantly pushing her down our throats instead of letting her happen on her own while just giving her a little push here and there like they did with Adri, Ale, and even Miranda when they first started out with the brand.

Adriana def deserves all the attention she gets from VS but some her fans act so greedy like its NEVER ENOUGH. Lets be real here the only angel fans that should be complaining about not getting the attention they deserve are Ale fans. Heck she was in more that good than good shape by the time the fashion show rolled around and she still got only two below average outfits, didn't get to open or close a segment, no spot light on her fantasy bra, and last time I checked she never got her own little segment with Ed and Co boasting about her and to add to that it seems she has barely even worked with VS this year.

Even though I don't care for half of the current angel line up right now I do hope everyone gets an equal amount of attention in this year's show although I know that probably want happen, but it would be nice. I never understood the point of having like a dozen contracted angels and only pushing/promoted a select few. Just push/promote all the angels at the same amount and the ones that "Got It" will shine and breakthrough on there own.

I loved me some Candice when she first started out but I was more and more turned off by her because of mainly VS constantly pushing her down our throats instead of letting her happen on her own while just giving her a little push here and there like they did with Adri, Ale, and even Miranda when they first started out with the brand.

Adriana def deserves all the attention she gets from VS but some her fans act so greedy like its NEVER ENOUGH. Lets be real here the only angel fans that should be complaining about not getting the attention they deserve are Ale fans. Heck she was in more that good than good shape by the time the fashion show rolled around and she still got only two below average outfits, didn't get to open or close a segment, no spot light on her fantasy bra, and last time I checked she never got her own little segment with Ed and Co boasting about her and to add to that it seems she has barely even worked with VS this year.

Right. I think that happened for majority of the people following VS, candice was fine/decent, and there are times where I like her all over again but then VS pushes her in my face too much and I think her fans can also be greedy at times, well spoiled lol. And it just fucks it up for me with her. I get to the point where i'm like leave her alone.(and also her modeling for VS or when trying to be cute/sexy irks me alot, so that contributes to it too)

She just isn't my type of girl I guess, and I don't want her all up in my face lol.

But I never understood why candice is so hard to adjust to seeing everywhere for other people, because not everyone is an adriana fan. VS also used and kinda still does use adriana alot and also does alot for adriana and talks greatly about her all the time. And after discussing how candice and adriana got the same treatment I noticed Adriana still gets the most love from vs . But no one is bothered, including me and I kinda still don't understand that because I know I am an adriana fan but not everyone else is. But they still have trouble accepting alot of candice than they do accepting alot of adriana

And I'm a big adriana fan so of course i'm going to want even more to happen for. But yeah Ale fans should complain, but also fans of doutzen. Basically if you are a fan of candice, adriana you really shouldn't want more from VS lol.

Right. I think that happened for majority of the people following VS, candice was fine/decent, and there are times where I like her all over again but then VS pushes her in my face too much and I think her fans can also be greedy at times, well spoiled lol. And it just fucks it up for me with her. I get to the point where i'm like leave her alone.(and also her modeling for VS or when trying to be cute/sexy irks me alot, so that contributes to it too)

She just isn't my type of girl I guess, and I don't want her all up in my face lol.

But I never understood why candice is so hard to adjust to seeing everywhere for other people, because not everyone is an adriana fan. VS also used and kinda still does use adriana alot and also does alot for adriana and talks greatly about her all the time. And after discussing how candice and adriana got the same treatment I noticed Adriana still gets the most love from vs . But no one is bothered, including me and I kinda still don't understand that because I know I am an adriana fan but not everyone else is. But they still have trouble accepting alot of candice than they do accepting alot of adriana

And I'm a big adriana fan so of course i'm going to want even more to happen for. But yeah Ale fans should complain, but also fans of doutzen. Basically if you are a fan of candice, adriana you really shouldn't want more from VS lol.

Yeah I feel the same about Candice. I mean don't get me wrong she is a pretty girl with an amazing body and she is perfect for VS but its just seems to be no depth to her and it irks me how she tries to be sexy 24/7 especially with the poses and constantly playing with her hair like she never lets loose and just relax.

But back on Adriana her fans really shouldn't be complaining especially when it comes to VS. Adriana gets enough love and attention from VS so what if she is not in every commercial, launch, campaign, or whatever VS ALWAYS seems to do something for/with her to make up for it.

The difference is that Adriana has been with the company since 2000 and other than 2003 she didn't get any love until 2007 when Gisele was gone, and even then she was in Heidi's shadow until 2009 for a lot of things. While Candice has been with the company since 2009 and she's getting to do shit that other girls still haven't done and they've been with the company for a longer time ... I guess that's the main problem here with Candice, it's unfair for the other girls i.e Doutzen has never done anything especial for VS and Alessandra we all know keeps getting screwed year after year, so has Behati and she's been with them since 2008.

That being said, VS is s business and they'll do whatever they think works better for the company and being fair to their models has never been a priority to them. Which until now has worked pretty okay for us the Lima fans and pretty icky for other people. 

However, I extremely dislike Candice so if it was up to me I would fire her ass. And favor other girls who IMO have more potential, at least for this year I think Behati has a shot at getting some well deserved love and I hope we do get to see Adriana with three outfits again, for an average woman she looked amazing seven weeks after having a child but for a lingerie model I do understand why they gave her just two last year so hopefully this year things will go back to normal.

The difference is that Adriana has been with the company since 2000 and other than 2003 she didn't get any love until 2007 when Gisele was gone, and even then she was in Heidi's shadow until 2009 for a lot of things. While Candice has been with the company since 2009 and she's getting to do shit that other girls still haven't done and they've been with the company for a longer time ... I guess that's the main problem here with Candice, it's unfair for the other girls i.e Doutzen has never done anything especial for VS and Alessandra we all know keeps getting screwed year after year, so has Behati and she's been with them since 2008.

That being said, VS is s business and they'll do whatever they think works better for the company and being fair to their models has never been a priority to them. Which until now has worked pretty okay for us the Lima fans and pretty icky for other people. 

However, I extremely dislike Candice so if it was up to me I would fire her ass. And favor other girls who IMO have more potential, at least for this year I think Behati has a shot at getting some well deserved love and I hope we do get to see Adriana with three outfits again, for an average woman she looked amazing seven weeks after having a child but for a lingerie model I do understand why they gave her just two last year so hopefully this year things will go back to normal.

Lol kinda feel the same way about candice... I wouldn't fire her because she looks good, but I wouldn't put her up front. When ed said she was one of billion, I was like are we looking/seeing at the same girl? lol.and She isn't even a fierce walker. So yeah there are better models and angels with more potential. And the fact that she isn't blowing up the way she should be proves that.I am waiting for VS to get a clue. This isn't a Miranda, an Adriana, def not a gisele that you are dealing with here. They can push her all they want but its not working they need to find someone else that has more potential at having star power.

I think the outfit thing was because of timing, adriana would have gotten a third outfit if they were sure she was coming ahead of time. Because you could tell they made up for that during the vsfs. Making her the ringleader, I remember in ale's interview while promoting the fantasy bra ale was talking about that and she said something like "Adriana is the ringleader during circus, because she is... the ringleader of the whole thing" and she went on to say something I can't remember but I swear she wanted to call adriana "queen" because she was putting so much emphasis on how important adriana was to the vsfs and it took her a moment to find the right word to say but she stuck with ringleader.

I think the outfit thing was because of timing, adriana would have gotten a third outfit if they were sure she was coming ahead of time. Because you could tell they made up for that during the vsfs. Making her the ringleader, I remember in ale's interview while promoting the fantasy bra ale was talking about that and she said something like "Adriana is the ringleader during circus, because she is... the ringleader of the whole thing" and she went on to say something I can't remember but I swear she wanted to call adriana "queen" because she was putting so much emphasis on how important adriana was to the vsfs but she stuck with ringleader.

Awwww I need to watch this! I love them together, really much. :wub2:  :wub2:  Brazilians have some kind of glow.  ;)

And yeah, Ale deserves a lot more attention than she actually gets, in so many different levels. I don't even need to say. I could tell why Dri got 2 outfits, but what about Ale then? That should've been her year.

I think the outfit thing was because of timing, adriana would have gotten a third outfit if they were sure she was coming ahead of time. Because you could tell they made up for that during the vsfs. Making her the ringleader, I remember in ale's interview while promoting the fantasy bra ale was talking about that and she said something like "Adriana is the ringleader during circus, because she is... the ringleader of the whole thing" and she went on to say something I can't remember but I swear she wanted to call adriana "queen" because she was putting so much emphasis on how important adriana was to the vsfs but she stuck with ringleader.

Awwww I need to watch this! I love them together, really much. :wub2:  :wub2:  Brazilians have some kind of glow.  ;)

And yeah, Ale deserves a lot more attention than she actually gets, in so many different levels. I don't even need to say. I could tell why Dri got 2 outfits, but what about Ale then? That should've been her year.

Being the ale fan I actually am also I was looking through every interview lol, but if I do come across that certain one again i'll pm it to you.

Yeah for a little while they pushed ale....wtf happened. I think she went through the erin phase. Used all over with adriana, like erin was with candice. And then erin got overshadowed by candice. Ale overshadowed by adriana. 

I don't even know what to call adriana's phase. Its like she got the gisele mixed with heidi phase lol. She has gotten her not even "fair share of treatment." IDK what to call it, its not even kissing ass anymore because they really do love her, I can tell. Its not even a matter about pushing her anymore, I guess its because she helps them though.

Btw, I know a lot of people wants Adriana to leave VS (even fans, etc), but I'm gonna cry when it happens!  :rofl: She has such a big story and I look forward a year long for the show, so what about then she retires? 

When she retires... I am going to be sad for SO many reasons. First off Adriana dated all of them damn stars and rich successful guys and didn't marry any of them. So how is her family going to maintain a good lifestyle when she is done with modeling. Because marko isn't all that when it comes to his job lol Hopefully she whips up a new career in the remaining years. But I am worried if she doesn't. I want her life to stay great lol

Another reason, I know fans on here want her to drop VS, but... she been with them so long, we all watched her grow, it would be like she was ending a relationship. Its gonna be sad, and I am soo done with VS when she does leave honestly. Shit is going to get real when she leaves. But I know alot of fans and people who want to see her more, or is looking forward to seeing her in VS still. The only people I do know who wants her to leave are some people here, and them young bitches on tumblr. Not even on tumblr but those too young girls VS seems to attract these days in general. Which is stupid because they only want adriana to leave because she causes an uproar and people love her to the point where they can't stand it...  and those girls want her to leave so that candice can get the same status adriana got...adriana not captain save a hoe. She can only save one hoe at time and thats herself. So she sha'll continue doing that by getting her money with VS and staying. Not truly saying Adriana is a hoe, but you know what I meant. But yeah, Not alot of people genuinely want her to leave. Its going to be tough.

Yeah I hope her story is told before she leaves. Because she has big meaningful one, she know the struggle both family, financial and self image wise. Alot of models love to tell about their past and its the same ole typical shit for the most part. And she rarely tells about hers and hers should be heard. 

When she retires tho, who knows. I honestly don't know. Alot of people think she'll be like cindy, hot still for a very long time, and remembered for it. I even saw one guy thinking she is going to be like Marilyn and Cleopatra.... thats reaching lol. But more like cindy, I guess I can see lol. But I really don't know what the retirement life would be like for her