Neo52285

ADRIANA LIMA

Earnings: $4.5 million

$5.2 million Canadian

2.6 million pounds

$6 million Australian

198.8 million rupees

3.7 million euros

What this young stunner lacks in age, she makes up for in looks. The latest bombshell from Brazil is taking the modeling world by storm. Good news: The rest of the world is paying attention too--or at least Victoria

It was ironic i just saw this but Andrew Richards is one of my favorite photographers, i've always loved his work, hes a great photographer..some models i know say that he is probably one of the most comforting, nice and very professional but down to earth photographer...so anyways it was funny when he saw adriana when she was younger...im an aspiring model so i'd kill to have a shoot with him but this his memory at a ford supermodel of the world after party awhile back ago in brazil.

Three Years Of Adriana Lima

How big do you need to be in order to be big? What makes a huge hit model a hit? And who decides when she is huge?

Well I cant answer the first two questions but I will try to answer the third. Me....And You...

The photo at left you are now looking at is of a Brazilian Model now living in NY. Adriana Lima... Adriana is someone I met just a few days after she got off her flight in JFK airport. Perhaps three years ago or so. I met her at a Ford party.

I photographed her as I knew she would certainly be big in a short while. I dont know why. It was nearly six months until I met her again. This time her mom approached me ... It was again another Ford Model Party.

[Pic of Adriana when shes only 15] :heart:

adriana12jd.jpg

She assumed I was a big celebrity photographer. I was not... I was a small celebrity photographer.

Mrs Lima mentioned that her daughter would like to meet me and I offered her a few minutes of my time (no charge). We talked and I thought... here she is at a Ford Models Party...

She is going to make it. I am sure of this. She has a look thats not what I would call perfect ...But very Ford. Very celebrity. Very up and coming.

I photographed Adriana every chance I could. I met with her time to time backstage at runway shows during the season, and ocassionally ran into her on the streets just walking around with her friends. Once while at a runway show with photographer Gavin Giles we talked about her backstage and we both agreed she was the best in the show.

[2 Pics of adriana when she's only 16] :heart:

4033541zp.jpg 4033341ad.jpg

She could barely speak English...

Still she had something special which made me spend time with her.

I knew every single time I saw her she would be a great and well known model someday. Though still I am sure you have not heard of her yet... So what I am writing here is history folks.

If you watch her, and look for her in the magazines you will see more and more of her every season. Little by little she will become a very famous and wealthy girl... Watch and see if Im right.

Well months passed and I hadnt heard from Adriana or anyone from Ford... I was walking down the street... Thinking about young models who come to NY to persue their dreams.

Almost always caught up in the nightlife before they get their first job.

Months and thousands of dollars later so many turn back for home broke, discouraged, tired and used... I wondered though which of the thousands of hopeful models in NY would actually make it... I wondered if I knew any of them.

[Pic of adriana when shes only 18] :heart:

runwaycmv7xi.jpg

I thought how cool it would be if I had photographed someone famous before they were famous... I walked passed the MTV building on Broadway and Times Square thinking in the traffic and noise.

I looked up and there was a shot of Adriana Lima for Vassarette. Vassarette is a finer line of intimate apparel which is more well known abroad then here in NY...

But that face... I knew immediately who it was. That image just hit me over the head. She had really made it now... Just two years after getting off her filght from Sao Paolo Brazil,there she was looking down at me from her perch above the world.

Probably 5 million people walked past her face... Maybe ten times that... Not knowing her name, her story, her moms hopes, ambitions or wishes...

They dont know how Mrs Ford works, or who Vassarette is, nor for that matter do most people care.I know...and you know. I know you will see this girl famous on the runways,in the press, in the catalogs, and out on the streets for many years to come.

[Pic of adriana when she's only 19] :heart:

timessquare2vz.jpg

After just finishing the Womens 2000 shows, a month or two ago, I can tell you that Adriana is on more runways than any other model in NY today.That includes all the supermodels you know by name.

The images here began three years ago at the first party, continue into a backstage shot from 2 years ago, then a runway shot from the same evening, followed by a catwalk shot for Carmen Marc Valvo Spring 2000 NY/RTW and then her Vasarette Billboard in Times Square !

Who decides when a model is huge...? Me... You...And..

All of us by talking about her, posting her photos, and by looking at her face in Times Square.

Good Days To Ya...

-Andrew Richards

jeezzzz, i hate doing this 49832048092384 times but w/e

okay 1st and foremost im not trying to attack you nick or anything or intentionally offend you, none of that stupidness

butt modeling is one hellova job, its so hard, its really very very VERY hard to be a famous, paid, recognizable, established model because

1st the competition...so many girls out there to beging with

2nd the looks...yea ofcoarse you have be in check with the requirements but your pretty face will only get you in teh door

3rd..taking a great picture...you may think oh smile and the person takes a picture of you definitely not...you really have to be in the mood and really into the the emotion or theme they're going for..you have to position your body and be versatile..meaning you can do beauty shots, high fashion shots, ad campaigns, and commercial shots...theres so much involved in taking that one beautiful picture thats present to you

4th..the runway and backstage is frickn crazy...you must be able to strut your stuff and having a runway career is very important and you must really make the clothes look appealing

5th..the traveling, the fakes, the back-stabbing, the industry...the modeling industry isn't as intense meaning with teh cocaine and the drink but the industry does screw you over...there are many fake photographers that you spend money on...your always traveling if your a working model and you barely get to be home..and its just so hard to work everyday in a different city running from one place to another and making yourself look presentable and all happy go lucky even though you had the shittiest day

yes they do make a lot of the money, but the sure as hell deserve it...and the only reason few and certain models get paid that much is cause they do what theyre best at and damn its hard to find near perfect girls who can take a good picture but have almost a perfect body and face so w/e imo i think the girls who get paid millions do deserve it.

ok, i would imagine models are under a tremendous amount of presure.

They are constantly idolized and being used as an ideal portrayal of what a "beautiful" woman should look like. Imagine having to set a standard and keep it for that matter. Let's face it, not every model can do it like Tyra.. you've got to stay practically stick thin and still have sex-appeal. On top of that all of your co-workers are you're biggest competition. .. again this is IMO and i could go on.

^

yepp, i deff agree with you.

um mameha, why do you always have to be dumb about stuff...have you ever been a model? [im going to guess its a no] so you dont know the hard work..and i am talking from experience....yes maybe what you do is difficult but you can't jsut say modelling is easy..they have work more then you do and im talking about the ones who get booked constantly they work more then 16 hrs a day and i dont see how your comparison is really funny.

btw

:hell yea!: :fun:YAYYYY!!! 1000th General Discussion Post*:bounce: :clap:

^

um mameha, why do you always have to be dumb about stuff...have you ever been a model? [im going to guess its a no] so you dont know the hard work..and i am talking from experience....yes maybe what you do is difficult but you can't jsut say modelling is easy..they have work more then you do and im talking about the ones who get booked constantly they work more then 16 hrs a day and i dont see how your comparison is really funny.

btw

:hell yea!: :fun:YAYYYY!!! 1000th General Discussion Post*:bounce: :clap:

Must you be so ridiculous when someone thinks differently than you? What I'm saying is far from dumb, it's called an opinion.

I work in a lab 16 hours a week in addition to going to college full time. That means, next to no free time.

I could see someone like a neurosurgeon who has spent an incredible amount of time on an education and is skilled in such a delicate and complex profession earning millions. But a model? Their job isn't all pouty lips and long exotic vacations but they definitely do not work as hard as a lot of people.

These are *my* thoughts and I'm not going to waste my time arguing with you because you obviously can't maintain a discussion without resorting to getting beyond inflamed and making childish comments.

*puts Dream Angel on ignore*

Edited by mameha

Well I am no genius but if you ask anyone after a hard days works anything sounds better at that moment LOL :) But modeling has to break you down physically and mentally, it may look easy but I bet it is just as hard.

Modeling is as difficult as quantum mechanics? I'll have to bring that up with my professor :blink:

^

um mameha, why do you always have to be dumb about stuff...have you ever been a model? [im going to guess its a no] so you dont know the hard work..and i am talking from experience....yes maybe what you do is difficult but you can't jsut say modelling is easy..they have work more then you do and im talking about the ones who get booked constantly they work more then 16 hrs a day and i dont see how your comparison is really funny

um why are you calling her dumb? because she disagrees with you? there's no need to disrespect her like that.