Bellazon

2018 SI Swimsuit

6 hours ago, jj3 said:

No, imo, they're aming nothing more than the caress of the PC world. That's pretty much all. 

It's like when Iskra Lawrence is claiming "Stop to the "fat" bashing" ... I mean, if you read behind the lines of their speech, it's more them who have something against the notion of being healty, more than nothing else ... 

It's like, according them, if you're healthy, or naturaly skinny, you're immediatley into "the "fat" bashing" lol The only way to be ok, is to be like them. Well nope. 

SI should do that too: Take care of their own ass before to take care of anyone else ass. 

Yup, pretty much. I read the SI Swimsuit line will come in sizes 2-20, which is absolute bullshit, does that mean that size 0 women are not worthy of being included in their whole diversity movement? Are we all tiny women supossed to be anorexic or starving to death? Not "rea women"? I'm a naturally tiny person, I'm size 0, have been size 0 my entire life and I'm completely healthy, still I don't get to be part of this whole "embrace youself" movement because apparently I'm too small for it? :rofl: 

The reason why I like Iskra it's because she does look healthy, you can tell she is fit and could kick my ass any day. Girls like (unphotoshopped) Ashley Graham tho or the chick from the model search whose name I forgot Holly McSomething and the ones from the open call, are clearly just heavily overweight and most likely wouldn't do great in any medical test, let alone be fit to represent a Sport's magazone. SI is just trying to normalize it, as if just because American's keep getting fatter and fatter that makes it okay o.o. Please, by all means, be as big as you want, but do not try to tell me that it's healthy, normal and that we need to accept it as the new normal because is not they can call me fat shamer if they want.

17 hours ago, Clauds said:

Yup, pretty much. I read the SI Swimsuit line will come in sizes 2-20, which is absolute bullshit, does that mean that size 0 women are not worthy of being included in their whole diversity movement? Are we all tiny women supossed to be anorexic or starving to death? Not "rea women"? I'm a naturally tiny person, I'm size 0, have been size 0 my entire life and I'm completely healthy, still I don't get to be part of this whole "embrace youself" movement because apparently I'm too small for it? :rofl: 

I'm 30 (soon) and the 18 first years of my life were XL'ish (french size) and since then, things changed and i am now between S and L, depend the outfits. And i swear, the life under the "X" size is better, than above lol 

But yah, you're too small :p:rofl: 

17 hours ago, Clauds said:

The reason why I like Iskra it's because she does look healthy, you can tell she is fit and could kick my ass any day. Girls like (unphotoshopped) Ashley Graham tho or the chick from the model search whose name I forgot Holly McSomething and the ones from the open call, are clearly just heavily overweight and most likely wouldn't do great in any medical test, let alone be fit to represent a Sport's magazone. SI is just trying to normalize it, as if just because American's keep getting fatter and fatter that makes it okay o.o. Please, by all means, be as big as you want, but do not try to tell me that it's healthy, normal and that we need to accept it as the new normal because is not they can call me fat shamer if they want.

100% Agree. You steal me the words from the mouth, i have nothing more to add to that. 

I won't go into some political rhetoric, but all that is clearly extreamly politized. Funny enough, everybody can notice how much the apostles of this speech are clearly politically marked. 

https://www.si.com/swim-daily/2017/08/08/kayla-fitzgeraldsi-swimsuit-open-casting-call-top-15

Kayla's just a small-town girl from Clermont, Florida, who's now based in sunny California so she can pursue her dream of becoming a supermodel. As a petite model, Kayla is hoping to use her platform to help shorter and smaller women around the world to embrace their natural beauty, too! Talk about a girl after our own heart. 

IMG_2136.JPG IMG_2137.JPG

I have no problem with what any woman looks like.  However SI swimsuit used to stand for elite beauty.  If you got in you were the top 0.01 percent.  Now it looks like the women of Wal-Mart.  I'm not sure what they're going for but they lost me when they didn't cast Liz Turner.  She's prettier than those eight girls put together.

16 hours ago, jj3 said:

I'm 30 (soon) and the 18 first years of my life were XL'ish (french size) and since then, things changed and i am now between S and L, depend the outfits. And i swear, the life under the "X" size is better, than above lol 

But yah, you're too small :p:rofl: 

Depends how under the "X" you are tho, I'm an XS (I'm thin and really short, Hayden Panattiere short :rofl: ) and I can't find clothes in a lot of stores, you'd be surprised to see how many stores only do S and above, my shopping is pretty much reduced to a couple of brands. 

Still, I don't see anyone campaining for me to be able to wear Forever 21 or H&m stuff so I'm not sure why should I care about these women MJ and SI are trying to push so bad :Amelie_wft:

2 hours ago, Clauds said:

Depends how under the "X" you are tho, I'm an XS (I'm thin and really short, Hayden Panattiere short :rofl: ) and I can't find clothes in a lot of stores, you'd be surprised to see how many stores only do S and above, my shopping is pretty much reduced to a couple of brands. 

Still, I don't see anyone campaining for me to be able to wear Forever 21 or H&m stuff so I'm not sure why should I care about these women MJ and SI are trying to push so bad :Amelie_wft:

Now you say that i understand, i made something lately in a pretty big cloth shop, ... and i was surprised the way they classified the sizes. They were pround to say we have "plus sizes", but i noticed for the opposite, you had to go pretty quickly in the kid space, for smaller sizes, so i understand what you mean.

But now it's said, oh, common :D ! I know short girls love to complain about their height because they know boys find that pretty cute, that's somehow a "normailty". And plus, that's a whole part of your personailty, short girls make lots of things, fun things, (or no lol) that taller girls don't do. 

What you say remind me how much that's a business, like i said above, brands and shops make money with that. Si trying to create that swimwear brand is a business, just like when some brands try to sale religious clothes ... It's not so innocent as they want us to think, in the end. They wanted to sale paper, and now they want to sale tissue.

But still, it's exploiting an unhealthy image of the woman. Bad reason, bad business. 

2 hours ago, elfstone said:

WTF!! There are things in this video that I'll NEVER be able to unsee! :banghead::pinch:

The comments though......

WHY SO MUCH FAT? WHY? Like less than 5% of us want to see this.

KapowskiGG agreed. I hate to say it but she isn't even pretty. Nothing wrong with fat but fat and unattractive are not what I expect from S.I. I'm not body shaming but don't expect me to lie when your putting that kind of body on display.

Robert Kirkpatrick Yeah like slightly bigger girls like Robyn Lawley are ok, I mean she's gorgeous and just happens to be a little bigger than the average model. But this girl isn't even really attractive

Sport, really ? =) ...It's fat.

Since when feminazi who hates hot women taken charge of SI?

Feminism trying to brainwash the masses this is a swimming suit model

:rofl:

45 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

WHY DID I PLAY THAT VIDEO??? :banghead: :dead_horse:

You see, my comment wasnt an exaggeration. You were warned! :mellow:

54 minutes ago, Prettyphile said:

The comments though......

Not egregious at all! They're being too considerate :ermm: