Bellazon

2018 SI Swimsuit

SI Swimsuit Open Casting Call Top 15: Shelby McLean

Kelsey Hendrix
Mon Jul 31, 2017 @ 8:49 PM

It's that time of year again! SI Swimsuit Casting Call season is upon us, and you're in for a real treat.

For the first time ever, we held an open casting call to find our next big star. After receiving thousands of Instagram submissions from women around the world, we invited 35 finalists to SI's Brooklyn offices for an in-person interview and photo shoot. From there, it wasn't easy, but we narrowed down the list our Top 15, who made history during Miami Swim Week as they walked the runway in SI's first branded swimwear show.

So how about we get to know your Top 15 a little better? First up is Florida cutie Shelby McLean!

This former UF swimmer is now a registered nurse in the trauma intensive care unit of her hospital in Gansville. Talk about brains and beauty! So why did we bring Shelby into our #SISwimSearch Top 15? Her natural beauty is a no-brainer, but it's her love for helping others and her stance on healthy living and body diversity that we knew would make her a perfect fit for SI Swimsuit!

p8SC7J86.jpg     TxwyTU8P.jpg

https://www.si.com/swim-daily/2017/07/31/shelby-mclean-si-swimsuit-open-casting-call-top-15

On 24/7/2017 at 8:23 AM, Clauds said:

I've just realized what bothers me the most about this whole thing, is not just the fact that they went for a bunch of fat chicks to look woke, I would understand that if SI would put their money where their mouth is, but the fact is that as much as they are preaching body acceptance and blablabla, they will still retouch the fuck out of these models to make them look "better" in their precious magazine, so here's MJ parading with these women and talking about how cool it is that one of them is 100lbs bigger than the other, when truth is in February everyone will be so retouched it doesn't even look like them in some pictures, they've done this for years, they did it as recently as this year. Because sure you can be as big as you want, but god forbids you have stretch marks or cellulite, that is unacceptable!, they even go as far as removing beauty marks, they actually remove the fat rolls on the models, why would you hire Ashley Graham in the first place if you are going to photoshop the hell out of her to make her look more fit?. If they are sooo into diversity, body positivity and this whole love yourself bullshit, shouldn't they just show their pictures as they really are? I'm sorry but MJ is just using these women to sell more, and I get it's a business but I find what she is doing so incredibly hypocrite and disgusting and I can't believe some people are actually stupid enough to fall for it. 

Sorry for the rant but I needed to vent a little, I just went through all the horrid pictures from their swim show and it was too much :ninja: 

To add to this, MJ Day's profile is getting a bit oversized itself. Surely she should not insert herself into the process to this extent?

On 8/1/2017 at 3:32 PM, Sanni said:

@MV007

How much does the app cost? You would likely save money by cancelling your subscription even if you bought the Swim Issue and the app.

The price of the subscription isn't terribly expensive but in recent years I've found myself simply discarding the magazine and the only thing I've used that is an si property is the swimsuit app. And now that I'll have no use for the swimsuit brand I think I'm done. Im not trying to make a bid deal out of it or anything. Just relating my experience. 

Just a reminder of how amazing this parrot gal is. She's so glamorous and T H I C C +7LwAAABd0RVh0VGh1bWI6OkltYWdlOjpoZWlnaH

nothing would please me more than see all three of these gals in the magazine

j1xQct9.jpg

Add in Ye Dwarfism and the magazine will be complete with the who's who of developmentally disabled beauties.

Also Mj since you're all about the #BodyPostivity I expect your loveliness to be on at least one page of the magazine...  #BodyGoals #LoveYourself #SISwimsuit

Time Inc. to Launch SPORTS ILLUSTRATED Swimsuit Enterprises or "SISE"

New Division to Drive Revenue and Build New Businesses by Extending Successful SPORTS ILLUSTRATED Swimsuit Brand
August 02, 2017 12:35 PM Eastern Daylight Time

NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Time Inc. (NYSE:TIME) today announced the formation of SPORTS ILLUSTRATED Swimsuit Enterprises or SISE, a new division that will extend the SPORTS ILLUSTRATED Swimsuit brand by developing licensing programs and brand extensions, as well as new businesses in partnership with SPORTS ILLUSTRATED Swimsuit models, leveraging the significant content and promotional assets of SI and Time Inc. SISE will also look to offer compelling opportunities to help enhance the careers of emerging SPORTS ILLUSTRATED Swimsuit modeling talent. As part of its launch, SISE has already signed on 15 new SPORTS ILLUSTRATED Swimsuit model search participants who were selected from SPORTS ILLUSTRATED Swimsuit’s first-ever open casting call competition earlier this year. This group of models joined the brand at the swimwear industry’s premiere annual event in Miami last month to debut the 2018 SPORTS ILLUSTRATED Swim and Active apparel collections at a special runway show, photo shoot and more.

“As we continue to extend our brands, we're very excited to expand SPORTS ILLUSTRATED Swimsuit, which has been an incredible launching pad for a number of SI Swimsuit models to build successful multi-million-dollar businesses. We’re thrilled to work directly with our current models and emerging models to build new businesses,” said Bruce Gersh, Senior Vice President, Strategy and Business Development, Time Inc.

Time Inc. has begun a search for a General Manager to head this new division, which will also house the new SPORTS ILLUSTRATED Swim and Active apparel lines launching early next year with RAJ Swim. The group of SPORTS ILLUSTRATED Swimsuit top 15 #SISwimSearch models, widely praised for their diversity and body positive message, received rave reviews during Miami Swim Week, where they previewed the collections and competed for a spot in the 2018 SPORTS ILLUSTRATED Swimsuit issue.

“SPORTS ILLUSTRATED Swimsuit, a pop culture powerhouse, is a phenomenal brand for us to extend into new businesses,” said Chris Stone, Senior Vice President, Editorial Director, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED Group. “By tapping into SI Swimsuit's enormous reach, unparalleled brand loyalty and talented models, we have extraordinary potential to develop new licensing and business opportunities that span a variety of categories. We look forward to partnering with our models and are very excited by the high level of interest we've already received.”

The formation of SISE marks the latest initiative from Time Inc. in the licensing and brand extension area as the company gains momentum in this space. Recent examples include the launch of multiple SOUTHERN LIVING-branded retail stores throughout the South and its partnership with Dillard’s, which carries a successful SOUTHERN LIVING-branded home collection and other products. Earlier this year, REAL SIMPLE debuted REAL SIMPLE STYLE, a collection of refined accessories that began with a jewelry collection, as well as REAL SIMPLE CLEAN, a line of eco-responsible cleaning products. FOOD & WINE formed a strategic alliance with HSN, Inc. that will bridge retail, content and product through integrated experiences across the content and commerce platforms of both properties this fall.

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20170802006087/en/Time-Launch-SPORTS-ILLUSTRATED-Swimsuit-Enterprises-SISE

Hum, am I the only one who missed the praising for the models? I saw about an 90% of negative comments on social media and everywhere else :rofl:  I guess we can now officially say SI is no longer a men's magazine, they are clearly aiming at women now. Thanks MJ

17 hours ago, Prettyphile said:

ZA73mIy.gif

But ... but :rofl::rofl::rofl: 

6 hours ago, Clauds said:

Hum, am I the only one who missed the praising for the models? I saw about an 90% of negative comments on social media and everywhere else :rofl:  I guess we can now officially say SI is no longer a men's magazine, they are clearly aiming at women now. Thanks MJ

No, imo, they're aming nothing more than the caress of the PC world. That's pretty much all. 

It's like when Iskra Lawrence is claiming "Stop to the "fat" bashing" ... I mean, if you read behind the lines of their speech, it's more them who have something against the notion of being healty, more than nothing else ... 

It's like, according them, if you're healthy, or naturaly skinny, you're immediatley into "the "fat" bashing" lol The only way to be ok, is to be like them. Well nope. 

SI should do that too: Take care of their own ass before to take care of anyone else ass. 

So how about we get to know your Top 15 a little better? First up is Alabama native Keyeriah Miles! Keyeriah is making her modeling debut with SI and she's a natural. When she's not showing off her moves on the runway, she can be found cheering on the Crimson Tide. Keyeriah hilariously admits that "binge eating" is her guilty pleasure and frankly, who can blame her?

https://www.si.com/swim-daily/2017/07/31/keyeriah-miles-si-swimsuit-open-casting-call-top-15

IMG_2120.JPG IMG_2121.JPG