Bellazon

Nightmare Fuel: The Thread

Cult Icon

On 10/1/2016 at 7:42 PM, Cult Icon said:

Ah, interesting..

Edita has been among the most loved models on BZ (and my no. 1 for a long time) but she looks bad recently.  Too much weight loss :sad::

Freja beha also looks pretty bad now.  She's very emaciated.  There was a time when she was beautiful and my #1 favorite model (circa 2010).  Maryna, which was one of my favorite models, still looks very good.

54 minutes ago, Sanni said:

Lauren Coh

Interesting, never heard of that movie.

This reminds me of the "Ring" remake with Naomi Watts- I saw it in theaters and the overall effect with this:

I developed a crush due to her beauty and wanted her to survive.  I liked the movie more than I probably should have lol.

4 hours ago, Sanni said:

What horror movies would you guys recommend? And which are the most beautiful actresses in horror movies (since beautiful women and horror movies seem to together :D)?

The most beautiful: Natasha Hendrige from Species.

I liked Jessica Biel in the Texas Chainsaw massacre.  There was a blonde in 'Snakes on a plane'.

On 10/7/2016 at 10:15 PM, Sanni said:

What horror movies would you guys recommend? And which are the most beautiful actresses in horror movies (since beautiful women and horror movies seem to together :D)?

All my favorites are old movies. Classics like Nightmare on Elm Street, Rosemary's Baby, The Fly, Child's Play, Poltergeist etc. Those are the ones I grew up with.

As for beautiful women, I recently saw 'Jennifer's Body'. I wouldn't call it a horror really, but Megan Fox is such a babe. I liked Jessica Biel in Texas Chainsaw Massacre too.

2 hours ago, Syria said:

All my favorites are old movies. Classics like Nightmare on Elm Street, Rosemary's Baby, The Fly, Child's Play, Poltergeist etc. Those are the ones I grew up with.

As for beautiful women, I recently saw 'Jennifer's Body'. I wouldn't call it a horror really, but Megan Fox is such a babe. I liked Jessica Biel in Texas Chainsaw Massacre too.

These are good.  I like Silence of the lambs, Hannibal, and Red Dragon. Alien, Aliens.  Apocalypse Now should be considered a horror movie even though it is a war movie.  I am a fan of "The Thing" (favorite horror movie- also enjoyed the PC game a lot).   The Shining is solid.  28 days later.  28 weeks later.

Children of Men is an outstanding dystopian film but it is actually very horrific.  Shawn of the Dead is considered horror but it is actually comedy/black humor.  

Some of these are not technically horror but achieve the horror:

Japanese horror films: Battle Royale, Ichi the Killer (both the movie and the manga) are highly disturbing.

Korean horror films: Oldboy is outstanding

This is when I miss Baron since he was a giant reservoir of cultural knowledge...

There are good looking women in horror movies but it's tricky to find a good performance among them given the dynamics of the genre.

20 minutes ago, Cult Icon said:

These are good.  I like Silence of the lambs, Hannibal, and Red Dragon. Alien, Aliens.  Apocalypse Now should be considered a horror movie even though it is a war movie.  I am a fan of "The Thing" (favorite horror movie- also enjoyed the PC game a lot).   The Shining is solid.  28 days later.  28 weeks later.

Children of Men is an outstanding dystopian film but it is actually very horrific.  Shawn of the Dead is considered horror but it is actually comedy/black humor.  

Some of these are not technically horror but achieve the horror:

Japanese horror films: Battle Royale, Ichi the Killer (both the movie and the manga) are highly disturbing.

Korean horror films: Oldboy is outstanding

This is when I miss Baron since he was a giant reservoir of cultural knowledge...

There are good looking women in horror movies but it's tricky to find a good performance among them given the dynamics of the genre.

Red Dragon was okay, I don't care for Brett Ratner directed movies.

Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance is good, Lady Vengeance is just okay.

On 10/7/2016 at 2:15 PM, Sanni said:

I don't think these movies were mentioned; Psycho, Halloween, Jaws, The Fly (80's version), Evil Dead 1&2, Night of the Living Dead, Friday the 13th, Event Horizon, American Werewolf in London, and Videodrome.

Underworld can be considered horror I guess, but you get to see Kate Beckinsale walk around in a latex suit all movie.

I never saw the Vengeance films; I heard they were good.

Another 'horror' film that isn't technically horror are the Chinese films "Farewell my Concubine". There is also a film about the Rape of Nanking called "City of  Life and Death" that is quite horrific.

Schindler's list, full metal jacket, and the Pianist are horrific although they are technically war films.  

7 minutes ago, Cult Icon said:

I never saw the Vengeance films; I heard they were good.

Another 'horror' film that isn't technically horror are the Chinese films "Farewell my Concubine". There is also a film about the Rape of Nanking called "City of  Life and Death" that is quite horrific.

Schindler's list, full metal jacket, and the Pianist are horrific although they are technically war films.  

Lady Vengeance isn't that good compared to the other two films.

I love the dichotomy of Full Metal Jacket.

40 minutes ago, Stromboli1 said:

Lady Vengeance isn't that good compared to the other two films.

I love the dichotomy of Full Metal Jacket.

I know a Vietnam veteran that explained to me the meaning of FMJ- When it came it, it rang true to Vietnam Veterans in its ability to communicate the 'alternate universe' with its different moral code.  And the deep chill, the terrifying feeling of losing one's humanity in the politically correct, fictional life of being a civilian.  Underneath the thin veneer of so- called civilization and money are the forces of arms and fear.  

I know this myself through two decades of studying war but this movie does it in 2 hours.

Real life is more terrifying than any horror film I find lol.  

I found "Lost in Translation" chilling due to its themes (isolation, loneliness in a foreign country or city and then falling in a doomed to never happen love)as it rang true to my experiences.  The sensation of being alone in an alien place is a great fear in of itself.

On 2016. 10. 07. at 9:15 PM, Sanni said:

I too would say the Ring with Naomi Watts, and

• From hell - with Heather Graham
  • Dark water - with Jennifer Connelly
  • Gothika
  • The ninth gate
  • The machinist
  • Vidocq

Thank you for the recommendations! The Kate Beckinsale mention reminds me that I found it odd how she starred in a horror movie about snuff films yet the movie never really addressed what a jackpot the depraved killers had hit with having someone with her looks staying at their motel!

2 hours ago, Sanni said:

Thank you for the recommendations! The Kate Beckinsale mention reminds me that I found it odd how she starred in a horror movie about snuff films yet the movie never really addressed what a jackpot the depraved killers had hit with having someone with her looks staying at their motel!

I remember that movie lol.  It is kind of odd seeing someone of her glamour/looks lodging at a 4th rate motel lol

7 minutes ago, Cult Icon said:

I remember that movie lol.  It is kind of odd seeing someone of her glamour/looks lodging at a 4th rate motel lol

Hah, if I recall right, they had to. Something about one of the motel owner’s friends, who was in on it, screwing with the couple’s car and/or with the directions so they had to stay at the motel for the night.

32 minutes ago, Sanni said:

Hah, if I recall right, they had to. Something about one of the motel owner’s friends, who was in on it, screwing with the couple’s car and/or with the directions so they had to stay at the motel for the night.

Jennifer connelly played a drug addict and prostitute in Requiem for a Dream (which is pretty scary at itself) but her looks were way too elegant for the role lol  

On 07/10/2016 at 9:15 PM, Sanni said:

The ones Syria mentioned are good to go :thumbs_up:

To name a few &

If u did not see it "The descent" (my set)

"28 days later"

"mama"

"we are what we are"

“The Conjuring”

“Cloverfield”

"The Loved Ones"

"Ginger Snaps"

"Jeepers Creepers"

"The Crazies"

"30 days of night"

"wrong turn" (2 first ones only)

"The Babadook"