Bellazon

The 2016 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show

toodarnhot

The argument that people don't watch tv anymore is valid? I personally don't watch tv and all my friends live streamed the show.

I just watched it again and it was good for me. I could be better but it did it for me. Idk what y'all want because the show is one that's on tv so they can't do all we want them to... plus it at least still gets more then 6 million viewers, more  than the shows you keep comparing them to.

Even though we put the 2005 show on a pedestal I really feel like it would have flopped in this day and age. Reason being, the show would have already being repetitive by now and their wasn't any big focus on artist and the girls having fun on the fun way, which believe it or not helps.

I think the segments were cute. Jo's was somewhat original. I liked the Paris one too. Even the one of them talking about how far the girls have come.

And there's another thing, I predicted that you guys would complain about the show being rushed. It feels that way every year before you give it a second watch. When will you people learn? :laugh: 

2 minutes ago, Corner said:

The argument that people don't watch tv anymore is valid? I personally don't watch tv and all my friends live streamed the show.

I just watched it again and it was good for me. I could be better but it did it for me. Idk what y'all want because the show is one that's on tv so they can't do all we want them to... plus it at least still gets more then 6 million viewers, more  than the shows you keep comparing them to.

Even though we put the 2005 show on a pedestal I really feel like it would have flopped in this day and age. Reason being, the show would have already being repetitive by now and their wasn't any big focus on artist and the girls having fun on the fun way, which believe it or not helps.

I think the segments were cute. Jo's was somewhat original. I liked the Paris one too. Even the one of them talking about how far the girls have come.

And there's another thing, I predicted that you guys would complain about the show being rushed. It feels that way every year before you give it a second watch. When will you people learn? :laugh: 

It's not about going back to 2005. Of course it should not be same, a show must evolve. To make the show about the artist is a matter of opinion. The show could still be great or even better than '05 without making it a concert show, but putting it more in true fashion show format, and then the girls can still have fun. I loved how they worked with the stage, like in 2012 with Diamonds segment they projected French castles on the background. That is really creative how they worked with the stage, but making it into a pop concert is not a good development IMO. 

I want Todd Thomas to make a returm back to VS so bad. The Outfits in this year's show were hideous, poorly constructed,  and lacked creativity. 

All of the outfits look even almost Thanksgivingish. The designs this year looked like a Jewish Grandma's living room. I NEVER want to see Thigh high boots mashed with high knit stockings ever again  as long as I live. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.