Bellazon

UEFA Euro 2016

Stromboli1

2 hours ago, Stromboli1 said:

Horrible keeping by Hennessy on the Sturridge goal imo.

I had wondered at the time if the Welsh defender lying in front of Hennessy had blocked his view of Sturridge's shot. To be honest, I'm still not sure. Hart's error was appalling at this level of football, two shots of note against him in two games and two goals conceded. Drop him for the Slovakia game, Roy, even if you replace him with a garden gnome.

England never fails to disappoint me. Feel a bit like that crying Welsh fan they were videoing for like a minute and a half straight. 

Who fucking knew strikers can actually score when subbed on in droves? :p

1 hour ago, Stromboli1 said:

I can't wait for Italy x Sweden tomorrow. :chicken:

Me too, but for different reasons than you I'm sure! Work some voodoo for me for a Sweden loss ;) 

Don't think my beloved boys are out of it yet.

15 minutes ago, HitchcockBlonde said:

Who fucking knew strikers can actually score when subbed on in droves? :p

I believe in the last minute Hodgson had the kitchen sink warming up on the touchline. Would probably have been more mobile than Harry Kane. :pinch:

21 minutes ago, HitchcockBlonde said:

Me too, but for different reasons than you I'm sure! Work some voodoo for me for a Sweden loss ;) 

Don't think my beloved boys are out of it yet.

I will try! :wink:

I didn't know you were an Ireland fan. :thumbs_up:

Germany-Poland had so much potential, but the game just never got off the ground.

We may be starting to see one of the flaws in UEFA's new tournament format. It can't be right, when you're only in the second round of the group matches, for there to be a scenario where neither side is that bothered about winning.

Shades of the Divine Ponytail in Eder's goal. Pretty tedious stuff though for the most part. :closedeyes:

Italy lack attacking options, but that Juve backline is something else. All the other teams will be having nightmares about facing them in the knockouts. Sweden looked like they were willing to gamble on three draws being enough to get them out of the group. They'll have to try and force the issue against Belgium now, which should make for a more open game.

On 6/16/2016 at 3:06 PM, Stromboli1 said:

I didn't know you were an Ireland fan. :thumbs_up:

I'm from Co Galway originally, always in my heart. Thanks for working some magic on Sweden for me! ;) 

5 hours ago, Michael* said:

that Juve backline is something else

I maintain that Bonucci is one of the most underrated players in the sport!

Croatia and Czech Republic... insane. 

Darijo Srna is an incredible, incredible man for playing that game. 

Those were not croatian fans but members of a group called TORCIDA ,fans of croatian 2nd best team in the country and eternal rival of Croatia's best team from where most of our players used to play for Dinamo Zagreb.Those ppl HATE croatian FA and they hate Dinamo Zagreb cause they can't stand that their club is not capable of winning the title for 11 yrs in a row and that most of our players for national team is not from their pathetic squad but from Dinamo.They announced that they will do this to our media and they will keep on doing this until eventually UEFA AND FIFA kick us out of EURO and WC qualis,the hatred from them is huge.It's like having north of england supporting english national team while south hating it and doing everything they can to make england gets thrown out of every major competition.So yeah,we have a huge problem and this won't stop

A little comment I found which basically describes the mess that happened in the game. The word is St Etienne fans got the tickets for the ultras, but how they got the flares through security boggles me especially when we already have a reputation of acting like hooligans every competition we go to. Riot police were also lazy and didn't do shit to stop what was going on. This is one of the best teams we've had in years but heck we're likely going to get disqualified at this rate. Sadly for the Balkans in general politics plays too massive of a role in sport.

I feel terrible for Srna though, man's a legend for us and such a fighter but to have to come back to have this happen is just awful. 

Croatia are one of the best footballing sides in the tournament and probably deserved to win that game. It's a real shame that the disturbance happened. From what I hear, corruption is rife within the Croatian FA so it's perhaps understandable that there's discontent among certain sections of the supporters, although obviously, this was an unforgivable way of drawing attention to it. UEFA, if they punish anyone in Croatia for this, should punish the flare-throwing individuals and the corrupt officials. If they don't, the only losers will be the players and the real fans there to get behind them.

Highlight of the actual football was undoubtedly Corluka's patriotic swimming cap. It looked like the kind of getup you'd see a lifeguard wearing on Bondi beach. :rofl:

You wait ages for a match where someone scores three goals and then two come along at once. :thumbsup:

It was all a bit easy for Spain last night, but they probably gave the best performance at the tournament so far. Most worryingly for all the other sides with aspirations of winning it, it looks like there's a lot more where that came from.

A comprehensive win for Belgium that should, at the very least, lift the mood in the squad. Especially Lukaku, who took his two goals well after a really poor showing against Italy. If they could consistently play like they did in the second half, they could still go far. Much more cohesion and intensity. And they have the most beautiful kit. :yes: