Bellazon

Bar Refaeli
Thumbnail

Petite-Patrie

I WANT VS PEOPLE TO SEE THIS PICTURES :laugh:

Why didn't VS never try to make a bigger deal out of Bar? She should have been an Angel...

I understood it back when Gisele was still on their books, it would have been awkward between the two of them with the Leo thing, but that's a long time ago now...

Why didn't VS never try to make a bigger deal out of Bar? She should have been an Angel...

I understood it back when Gisele was still on their books, it would have been awkward between the two of them with the Leo thing, but that's a long time ago now...

well she is beautiful but she is not good enough to be an angel...her catwalk is the problem

^btw not sure why but that picture is kinda sexy even if it's a bit dirty lol

well she is beautiful but she is not good enough to be an angel...her catwalk is the problem

I think there was at some point a huge deal between Gisele and Bar where Gisele threatened to walk if they picked Bar up as a full time model. I may be mistaken or it may have just been a rumor, but after that floated around VS barely if ever touched Bar except for the occasional swimsuit shot. And her catwalk is undoubtedly an issue, almost all the models they have or have had had at least some experience on the runway, though Bar did walk for Prada last year so who knows.

^Yeah very true. She has a good body for VS lingere and swim, but like many of you said, its her runway walk thats not the greatest. VS always wants a model who can do it all, and Bar doesn't have runway experiance except for a few shows she did years back and its not like the were big shows or anything, with the exeption of the one Prada show. The Gisele thing may have played a factor also :idk:

EDIT: I don't know why I said Prada. She never walked for Prada, it was Louis Vuitton!

Bar also walked for Louis Vuitton and talking about runway experiences she had more of those than Marisa Miller who was VS Angel. I don`t think that is why VS hasn`t given Bar a contract except for those swimmwear shoots she did for them.

And as far as we know (and we don`t know anything for sure, we`re just speculating), it could be the case that they offered her a contract and Bar refused.

Not all models want to be tied strictly to VS, because they tend to give very restrictive contracts and then models are forbidden to work for other brands and campaigns. Look at Isabeli who has been shooting for them for years but refused contract with them. Adriana had to miss the renewal of her contract with Maybelline because VS did not want her to promote cosmetic line other than their own, she had to choose and she choose VS. They obviously pay better.

Also Adriana and Alessandra stopped doing Monange Dream Fashion tour because of VS, VS guys did not allow them to wear such shows than their own.

VS brings a lot of money and exposure but not all models are for that if they want to have versatile work range and do other projects.

Some more of her GQ interview! :)

Aspiring models must learn how to walk perfectly down a catwalk and which way to pose for the camera in order for them to look their most stunning.

But practising these moves for the camera take time and patience something that Bar Refaeli knows only too well.

The model admit that she is somewhat tenacious when it comes to getting it right for the cameras and admits to studying every photo taken of her.

Speaking to GQ magazine in an interview to accompany a very sexy photo shoot, she said: 'I’ve learned how to do this. I study all of my pictures.

'Which turn of the hip is sexier, which toe to curl or leg to straighten. I know every bone.'

But she admitted that she wasn't born this way and it took several trips to the orthodontist to correct her teeth.

She said: 'I had braces put in at 13. This took a lot of hard work.'

Hard work that paid off so she could fulfill her childhood dream, having done her first modelling job at the very tender age of eight months.

The full interview and shoot is in the September issue of GQ out tomorrow

She said: 'One of my first memories was asking my mother every day when my next shoot was going to be.

'I’d skip school to do it; I loved nothing more than being in front of the camera. I didn’t want it to stop.'

Bar has been back in her motherland spending time with her family and friends and she said it was 'wonderful' to home.

She added: 'It’s so wonderful to be here back in my home town. I woke up in my own bed and tonight I’ll sleep on my own pillow.

'I love this city. I’m glad I can shine a different light [on Israel]. When some people think about Israel, they think that we’re hiding in shelters all day long, afraid that we are going to have rockets falling on us.'

In June, Bar's four-year-relationship with actor Leonardo DiCaprio came to an end and she keeps very tight-lipped about her personal life.

However, she did have an interesting tit-bit to share with her interviewer - how to pick up a supermodel.

She said: 'Wait until she’s on her BlackBerry then walk up and say, ‘554773239’. The girl will look up and ask what you’re doing.

'You say: "You’re writing my phone number, right?" This actually happened to me!'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/artic...o=feeds-newsxml

Bar also walked for Louis Vuitton and talking about runway experiences she had more of those than Marisa Miller who was VS Angel. I don`t think that is why VS hasn`t given Bar a contract except for those swimmwear shoots she did for them.

And as far as we know (and we don`t know anything for sure, we`re just speculating), it could be the case that they offered her a contract and Bar refused.

Not all models want to be tied strictly to VS, because they tend to give very restrictive contracts and then models are forbidden to work for other brands and campaigns. Look at Isabeli who has been shooting for them for years but refused contract with them. Adriana had to miss the renewal of her contract with Maybelline because VS did not want her to promote cosmetic line other than their own, she had to choose and she choose VS. They obviously pay better.

Also Adriana and Alessandra stopped doing Monange Dream Fashion tour because of VS, VS guys did not allow them to wear such shows than their own.

VS brings a lot of money and exposure but not all models are for that if they want to have versatile work range and do other projects.

she refused? i never laughted so much in my life...

Honestly, I don't even think they proposed her a deal. I doubt Bar had refused a contract..

Katchitup, who are the models in your avatar? They're freaking hot. :drool:

haha thanks! the girl is Anna Maria Jagodzinska (Same girl in my siggi) and the guy is David Gandy. Hes pretty hot though! ;) Its a commercial for D&G. Heres the commercial if you want to watch it ( I recomend you do! :p) . Its verrryyy sexy!

KerriLynn, I haven't gotten the pics for your siggi yet! :( :cry:

Thank you so much! Really enjoy it!

Read my post again, I did not say that she refused or that they offered her. I said that we can only speculate what could have happened and that VS is not the best choice for every model. :wave:

Thanks a lot, Katchitup for helping me with this gorgeous siggi! :) It is very appreciated! :wave: And thanks for sharing an excerpt from the GQ interview. I can not wait to read to whole thing!

VS discussion:

We've never heard or read anything serious about why she has never become a regular model for VS. I think she might not be interested or it might be because of her looks. Let's be honest, Bar's figure is very voluptuous and her appealing curves are a little too "fleshy" for the VS standards. Most of the VS girls are very thin, Bar is not.

Thanks for the "mud" tweet photos. She looks adorable. I wonder who took the pictures, as I wonder who took the pictures of her at the gym.

Is not like every model on earth is dying to sell her soul to VS for a contract, a lot of models rejected VS contracts offers before: Ana BB, Isabeli Fontana & some others ... Working with VS puts a lot of limits on your career, it sure gives you a lot of $ & "fame" but as Nefertiti mentioned, their current Angels had to quit on some big jobs in the past for VS, im doubt Bar would leave all of her current contracts just for VS, she is now contracted by Agua Bendita, Fox & Passionata & she had Bonita de Mas before ... Im sure she isn't exactly desperate to be a VS Angel, she's okay with what she's doing

Is not like every model on earth is dying to sell her soul to VS for a contract, a lot of models rejected VS contracts offers before: Ana BB, Isabeli Fontana & some others ... Working with VS puts a lot of limits on your career, it sure gives you a lot of $ & "fame" but as Nefertiti mentioned, their current Angels had to quit on some big jobs in the past for VS, im doubt Bar would leave all of her current contracts just for VS, she is now contracted by Agua Bendita, Fox & Passionata & she had Bonita de Mas before ... Im sure she isn't exactly desperate to be a VS Angel, she's okay with what she's doing

i understand and respect your opinion but,honestly, i think v.s. can't be compared to agua benita or passionata.

v.s. in my opinion is infinitely more important and influential than a.b. or passionata

adriana lima as a victoria secret angel had the same job as bar (gq,maxim,acting,commercial spots&co)

bar did not seem to have much benefit w.out v.secret so i think she was rejected(but this is my opinion)

anyway i think bar could be perfect for v.s. (if she wants to improve her walk/catwalk)

Before VS Adriana Lima + Isabeli Fontana had the same career. Adriana chose VS and Isabeli rejected it. Today: Adriana has some campaigns and some magazines and a lot of VS and Isabeli has 4 Vogue covers and 6 HF campaigns and still doing VS without being an Angel, 3 exclusive shows in 3 different countries and a huge tour through Brasil which Adriana got cut off due to her VS contract. Do you understand my point?

Isabeli chose not to have the VS-stamp on her so did Ana BB and also Izabel left because of that. Agua Bendita & Passionata may not be as big as VS but they are different campaigns, different locations = diversity! And some models prefer that over 1 big contract.

I think Bar is doing great without VS and she would've been a great VS model but I'd prefer her the way she is now..

Before VS Adriana Lima + Isabeli Fontana had the same career. Adriana chose VS and Isabeli rejected it. Today: Adriana has some campaigns and some magazines and a lot of VS and Isabeli has 4 Vogue covers and 6 HF campaigns and still doing VS without being an Angel, 3 exclusive shows in 3 different countries and a huge tour through Brasil which Adriana got cut off due to her VS contract. Do you understand my point?

Isabeli chose not to have the VS-stamp on her so did Ana BB and also Izabel left because of that. Agua Bendita & Passionata may not be as big as VS but they are different campaigns, different locations = diversity! And some models prefer that over 1 big contract.

I think Bar is doing great without VS and she would've been a great VS model but I'd prefer her the way she is now..

yes i know what you mean.

fontana got signed by important labels so i could understand her choice.

armani or d&g or versace are better than victoria secret.

maybe you are right,maybe bar preferes to work with others.freedom vs victoria secret.

i'm sorry but my opinion is still the same..does my opinion count? no.