Bellazon

Bar Refaeli
Thumbnail

Petite-Patrie

A new interview with Bar at Voice of America (interview is in Russian) http://www.voanews.com/russian/news/Bar-Ra...-116936093.html

Translation:

Model Bar Refaeli: "To think that you are perfection itself is uninteresting and risky"

Top model tells VOA that she is never late for work.

Galina Galkina | Los Angeles Friday, February 25, 2011

In the fashion industry it is customary to assume that Bar Refaeli is an ideal model for the advertising of lingerie and swimwear. And indeed, this winter Refaeli presented one of the hottest spring and summer collections from high-end lingerie Passionata, a subsidiary of the famous French brand Chantelle. Refaeli recently became the face of the perfume of Escada, and has already been shooting her advertising campaign in Munich. The correspondent of Voice of America, Galina Galkina, met with Bar, who is also the fiancee of Leonardo DiCaprio, at Universal Studios in Los Angeles.

Galina Galkina: Do you ever use perfume?

Bar Refaeli: Yes. I like perfumes that smell fresh. I do not like strong perfumes, too acidic or too sweet, nothing too heavy. I like the natural perfumes, but fresh.

GG: Closer to the floral or fruit aroma?

BR: Probably floral. I do not like overly sweet perfume. So, most likely, floral fragrance.

GG: Do you have a favorite flower?

BR: Yes. Tulips!

GG: Is there a single color or you like the tulips of different colors?

BR: I like white tulips best of all.

GG: People say: do not be born beautiful but be born happy. We can say that you're lucky: you're born beautiful and happy?

BR: Yeah, probably so. But I also was brought up properly. My parents taught me not to pay too much attention to superficial things that could disappear tomorrow, such as looks or money. First that in reality it makes no one happy, then it will never in the end satisfy. I was brought up in such a way that we should pay attention to more important things that represents a person as a person, so I did not have to be retrained. And yet, something that can make one person happy is totally uninteresting to another. No matter what brings you happiness, you must be thankful for what you have in life, and, most importantly, the people who surround you, and whom you love. You must change what you do not like and accept what you cannot change. I think it makes you happier.

GG: I divide people in two categories: Some believe in environment and others in genetics. What do you believe?

BR: I think that is a combination of both. You're born with certain individual characteristics, but the environment ultimately still exerts influence on you. It is a combination of both. Of course with some things you are born, but some things which you face in life inevitably produce a certain effect.

GG: What do you do to keep your figure in such great shape? Do you exercise?

BR: Yes, but not as frequently as I should. I do sports more to feel better and not necessarily to look better. However, proper nutrition positively affects both the appearance and the well-being.

GG: And do you like to go to nightclubs?

BR: You know, I can't say that I don't like nightclubs, because I like to go there and I go there maybe once a month. When I want to dance, then I go to a nightclub.

GG: So you like to dance?

BR: Yes, I love dancing.

GG: Did you study dance?

BR: No, I just love it and for me it is very natural.

GG: What style do you dance or what kind of music do you prefer?

BR: For me it does not matter - I like to dance with my girlfriends and just have fun.

GG: In what are you most disciplined?

BR: In my work. This is probably the only thing... although I was very disciplined in school. I never get to work late - I always come on time, I never miss the days of shooting, even if I am ill. I always work hard, even when I can afford a little more rest. I do it to keep busy. When I was in school, my parents did not have to ask me to do my homework. I was very disciplined by myself.

GG: You finished high school in Israel, but did not go to college?

BR: Yes.

GG: At what age did you start working?

BR: I've been in the modeling industry since fifteen years.

GG: You began to work even earlier?

BR: Yes, I filmed in Israel in children's advertising.

GG: Do you think you become even more beautiful when you're in love?

BR: Yes. Definitely. Absolutely.

GG: At what age did you feel most comfortable?

BR: I do not usually look back and dream of returning to a certain point, because I am very happy now. But if I had to choose, then I think I prefer the time when I was in high school.

GG: Because you had more friends and more freedom?

BR: I really liked to learn, and I loved going to school. But in high school I already had my car and I could get pleasure from learning something new at school and immediately after school go to the beach with friends. It was a time when I got double the pleasure from the fact that I was no longer a child, but not yet a woman. This is a very comfortable stage. In some ways you can say that you are an adult and in others that you're just a kid.

GG: Do you think that we should engage in self-improvement?

BR: Always! I constantly think about it. I think it's uninteresting, when you are completely contented with yourself and think that you are perfection itself. In fact it is very risky.

Roxee, thank you very much for the great VOA interview! :wave: It is always so appreciated when a fan takes the time and energy to translate something interesting and worthy! I also love tulips!

Sick, thanks for the 2002 pictures. We sure have the proof that Bar had already a very voluptuous figure at 17! She was cute as a light brunette, but I find her stunning as a blonde.

You are all very welcome for the interview. :wave:

The annual Night Before Party was held tonight at the Beverly Hills Hotel. If the following tweets are true, it sounds like Bar attended the party along with Leo.

Major models at the Night Before Party for the Oscars: @BrooklynDDecker, @annevyalitsyna, and Bar Refaeli!

about 1 hour ago via Twitter for iPhone

Modelinia http://twitter.com/Modelinia/statuses/41733669861343232

At the "Night Before" party. Just met Leonardo DiCaprio and asked him about the Inception ending @ Beverly Hills Hotel

about 1 hour ago via Gowalla from The Beverly Hills Hotel, Beverly Hills

farantzos

Monique Farantz http://twitter.com/farantzos/status/41737293140205568

You are all very welcome for the interview. :wave:

The annual Night Before Party was held tonight at the Beverly Hills Hotel. If the following tweets are true, it sounds like Bar attended the party along with Leo.

Major models at the Night Before Party for the Oscars: @BrooklynDDecker, @annevyalitsyna, and Bar Refaeli!

about 1 hour ago via Twitter for iPhone

Modelinia http://twitter.com/Modelinia/statuses/41733669861343232

At the "Night Before" party. Just met Leonardo DiCaprio and asked him about the Inception ending @ Beverly Hills Hotel

about 1 hour ago via Gowalla from The Beverly Hills Hotel, Beverly Hills

farantzos

Monique Farantz http://twitter.com/farantzos/status/41737293140205568