Bellazon

Bar Refaeli
Thumbnail

Petite-Patrie

I am really looking forward to seeing Bar on BRAVO tomorrow. I saw an interview on CNN today with her, Hilfiger and her cohost - she looked gorgeous, and Tommy Hilfiger said he chose her to be on the special because she was beautiful AND intelligent.

LYE -- Where was the interview!!??? Is it on youtube yet?? I'd love to see that!! And he is right, she is both. AND funny!

Pheiress, Who posted this was Solange.

""I am trying to found"

Q&A With Bar Rafaeli

by Stephanie D. Smith

Posted Friday October 03, 2008

From WWD Issue 10/03/2008

Israeli-born model Bar Refaeli visits everything from Las Vegas wedding chapels to Manhattan’s Museum of Sex for Tommy Hilfiger’s TV show “Ironic Iconic America,” which premieres on Bravo tonight. The one-hour program, which is based on his coffee-table book “Iconic America: A Roller-Coaster Ride Through the Eye-Popping Panorama of American Pop Culture,” is a tour of America’s finest food, fashion design and culture from New York to Newport Beach, with Refaeli and “Def Comedy Jam” artist Rives as curators. After cruising the country in a classic Cadillac convertible, hitting locations including the Necco Sweetheart Candy Factory in Massachusetts and Independence Hall in Philadelphia, WWD caught up with Refaeli on location as she gathered with teenagers getting ready for prom night in South Orange, N.J.

WWD: What did you hope to learn from this project?

Bar Refaeli: I was hoping to learn history. The interesting thing about it was I thought I knew [about America] because I went to museums. Or, for example, in Los Angeles to see things like Boulevard of the Stars, and Universal Studios, and all the places that are more generic in each state. But from this I wanted to learn about real American history, not only from art or from things that are special to the place, but real history, iconic American things.

WWD: What were some of the highlights from your travels? Start with L.A.

B.R.: We went to the Eames House [in the Pacific Palisades]. That was very special to me because, in my house in Israel, my dad has been obsessed with Eames chairs since I was a little girl.

We went to Venice [Calif.]. I go there very often, but we went to a public graffiti wall where you can do graffiti, which I never knew existed. I’ve passed by it so many times, but I never knew the story.

WWD: What have you learned about the American tradition of prom?

B.R.: It’s one of the things that I’m more excited about with this show. First off, it’s a thing that’s very girly. It’s something that I connect with. Growing up watching American films, or “chick flicks,” there’s always a prom. In Israel, we had a party, but when we graduated we never had it with a date or that flower thing you put on your arm. So it’s really special. I was sitting outside and I saw the guy and the girl come in and I was like, “Wow, he’s actually wearing a suit.” In Israel, nobody wears a suit unless your older brother gets married when you are young.

WWD: What other trivia have you picked up as you filmed the show?

B.R.: Where stuff was invented and why and by whom and how long ago. I [asked] my mom, “Guess what [is] the longest word you can type on the top of a keyboard?” Typewriter. It’s only in the top row. So when the typewriter came out so people would be able to sell it, they’d go to the house and say, “Look how easy it is to type typewriter.”

WWD: Were there any New York American icons you remember?

B.R.: We went to Serendipity and we ate a $1,000 sundae. It was like gold and s--t, with caviar.

WWD: That must have been good.

B.R.: It was OK. I still like Mister Softee better, but it was very interesting.

http://www.wwd.com/media-news/qa-bar-rafae...dd60de2fdd1158c

:kiss: :wave:

THE INSIDER: BAR RAFAELI

Take a cross-country road trip with the Israeli model.

Bar Rafaeli is what some might call the total package: brains, beauty, and brawn. She puts all three to good use while co-hosting Bravo’s Ironic Iconic America, a cross-country road trip in which she gets ready for prom, chows down on Philly cheesesteaks, and visits a sex museum, all in the name of learning about US pop culture. We caught up with the model-turned-philanthropist-turned-designer-turned-TV host to get her travel tips and insight into why exactly prom is such an American institution.

How did you get involved in Ironic Iconic America?

I was approached by the production company to be a part of the special, and it sounded like an once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to explore and learn. I am a very curious person by nature and I thought this show was made for me. Plus, I spend so much time in the states, I felt like I owe it to know more about this country.

Did it change your opinion of the US?

I’ve never had a bad opinion about the US, but through the filming it was definitely nice to learn about the history and the iconic places I’d only heard about.

What was your favorite part of the trip?

There were a few, but my favorite moment was the prom! As a young girl in Israel, I watched many American teen movies and the prom was such a big thing in all of them. I was really looking forward to that day of shooting.

If you were to host Ironic Iconic Israel, where would you go?

Throughout the whole shoot I was trying to push for an Iconic Ironic Israel, because there are so many interesting historical places there! The list is very long, but a few places I would highlight in the show include the Dead Sea, Jerusalem, Sea of Galilee, Masada, and Eilat. The ironic thing about Israel is that it is so small but so meaningful and has so many problems.

And if you could take a road trip across any country, where would you pick?

South America! After the army, most Israeli kids travel there for a few months. They always come back with the most amazing stories and experiences! Since I work all the time without many breaks, I never had the chance to go there, and I would love to see what South America is all about.

What's your ultimate road trip outfit?

Cargo pants and a tank top. Sitting in a car for long periods of time definitely requires something loose and comfortable. Oh, and a sweatshirt—I’m always cold.

Besides this show, any other cool projects coming up?

I just signed a contract with Hurley, and we are working on designing a line together, which is very exciting. Also, I finished a movie a few months ago called Session that is supposed to come out soon. Other than that, I try and work with charities as much as I can to try and give back. Sounds cheesy, I know, but true.

REBECCA WILLA DAVIS

http://www.nylonmag.com/?section=article&parid=2052

french, may I ask why you have seemed to created a profile just to bash Bar, how can you have so much hate and animosity towards someone whom you've only seen in pictures, I find it creepy that you have devoted your time to bashing someone who has done nonthing to you personally and you have no valid reason to dislike to the degree you seem to. For your sake, I hope you are a child who has watched Titanic a few too many times and developed an endless crush on Leo; which is not Bar's fault, but if you are not I pity anyone who happens to know you in REAL life because you seem so pathetic. If you don't like someone, stay away from them, but since Bar doesn't even know you exist :whistle: that means stay away from this thread. Oh well, I guess it's true what they say, jealous one's will envy!

That GirlKay and others - please ignore French and others like her. It's obvious they are jealous and angry poor creatures who have nothing better to do and have useless lives to want to spend time reading and looking at pictures of someone they think is so ugly and stupid. Just report these kind of people to the moderators and ignore their posts. I made a mistake in replying to her before. They are as ugly and stupid as Bar is beautiful and smart and they can't stand that Leo sees that she is beautiful and smart also.

More pics at WENN. You can see that one of the guests is Lucas Haas who is like Leo's best friend so I would not be surprised if Leo wasn't there also to support Bar. Since it was hosted by INSTYLE mag, I hope they have pics of Bar in their next issue.

http://photo.wenn.com/index.php?ref=iconic...s=&topage=2

Quote: WWD: Were there any New York American icons you remember?

B.R.: We went to Serendipity and we ate a $1,000 sundae. It was like gold and s--t, with caviar.

WWD: That must have been good.

B.R.: It was OK. I still like Mister Softee better, but it was very interesting.

ahahaha! She is so honest and funny!

french, may I ask why you have seemed to created a profile just to bash Bar, how can you have so much hate and animosity towards someone whom you've only seen in pictures, I find it creepy that you have devoted your time to bashing someone who has done nonthing to you personally and you have no valid reason to dislike to the degree you seem to. For your sake, I hope you are a child who has watched Titanic a few too many times and developed an endless crush on Leo; which is not Bar's fault, but if you are not I pity anyone who happens to know you in REAL life because you seem so pathetic. If you don't like someone, stay away from them, but since Bar doesn't even know you exist :whistle: that means stay away from this thread. Oh well, I guess it's true what they say, jealous one's will envy!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA i agree with you ... Probably is some frustrared girl who loves Leo since she (or maybe he, who knows :ninja: ) saw Titanic & hates Bar just because she's dating him ... & probably she/he used to hate Gisele too (:

French, my dear ... Bar doesn't evr know you exist, & we the people who support Bar don't really care if you think she's ugly ... So please don't waste your time because no one here cares if you like or not Bar!

Thanks MissLima :D

And solange, I know I shouldn't feed the trolls, and I should feel sympathy for her because its obvious she the ugly stepchild of her family, and/or is the ugly girl who feels inadequate in a room of attractive women, so she does voodoo on them in secret, I know she must lead such a sad life because that's the only logical reason I can think of that would make someone act in such a desperate way, I know all this, yet I couldn't help myself. But I promise I won't do it again :cain:

But, maybe she'll take this as a reason to seek professional help as to why she hates what she sees in the mirror, and my little rant will be seen as an inspiration instead of a diss...... probably not, but hey, one can only hope :p

"Thanks MissLima

And solange, I know I shouldn't feed the trolls, and I should feel sympathy for her because its obvious she the ugly stepchild of her family, and/or is the ugly girl who feels inadequate in a room of attractive women, so she does voodoo on them in secret, I know she must lead such a sad life because that's the only logical reason I can think of that would make someone act in such a desperate way, I know all this, yet I couldn't help myself. But I promise I won't do it again rolly.gif

But, maybe she'll take this as a reason to seek professional help as to why she hates what she sees in the mirror, and my little rant will be seen as an inspiration instead of a diss...... probably not, but hey, one can only hope"

You know, you are criticizing someone for saying mean things about Bar, but I have to say, Kay, from this post, I don't think you are much better than than the person you criticized! :(