Bellazon

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2014 (GENERAL DISCUSSION)

Clauds

Well you made me laugh. Natasha didn't get ditched by VS, she ditched VS obviously. The first time should be back in 2009, she ditched that year last minute just for a photoshoot. Plus, she didn't even go to casting, so it shows how VS wanted & needed her at the first place. You have to remember, not all models see VSFS as the icing on the cake. I don't blame her for not responding (which you view it as diva-ish act) to her fans' question as she's not even sure to do the show or not - unlike most of the models especially newbies that were bragging all over the social medias hundred times a day. This means Natasha prefers to keep it low & not showing everything off until the right time comes. Now this make me feel so glad that she is more than just VS.  :flower:

The thing with Adriana, frankly saying she's not even as close to my top50 fav models but I like her for certain reasons though. But as far as I'm concerned, based on successes (aside from VS) Adriana gets this year especially, I don't think she will ever care if she's no longer related to VS, because we all know it's VS who's actually need her. I bet deep down she feels kinda suffocated to get stucked with that brand for what now, 15 years? Come on, that's way too much! I mean, I like Candice more but Adriana > all other angels combined. Be honest, accept it as a fact. VS NEEDS ADRIANA.  :gocho:

I've spoken to people in the know, and that's not what I heard. She was cancelled right before fittings in NYC apparently. That would explain why she's been passive aggressive lately with VS. And don't think that established models are exempt from getting shaded by VS. Just think about all the regular girls last year who didn't make it... (Isabeli, Bregje, Shanina, etc)

My guess is that VS wanted her, but then realized how many girls they casted, and then cancelled her. VS has been favoring new girls over established girls, which explains why they cast so many newbies this year. It makes sense, considering those girls have a chance to grow in the company. A model like Natasha already has her career, so VS don't need her as much because they know she's done. While it would be a massive treat to have seen Natasha, I understand where VS is coming from.

If your source(s) is reliable enough and this happens to be so true, forgive me if my words regarding both Natasha & Adriana's situation seem unpleasant for you or anybody to read. I tried my best to convey what I think based on things we get here like backstage/casting videos, IG, insiders & anything else. It's okay, things has become more clear after your wise explanations but now I'm hoping for her comeback next year just because it's gonna be VS 20th show, it's year 2015 (great number!) and for the sake of making up this year disappointment (we, her fans get). ^ After all business is business, we all know how this kind of things work  :hehe:  :hehe:  :hehe:

...My conservative asian aunties... >_>.

Are you Asian? If so that's interesting b/c if I recall correctly you think Sui He is "exotic" looking...

Yes, I'm Asian. It's true that I find Sui exotic, because you don't really see Sui's features in most Asians. Even without makeups, she looks pretty different from your standard Asian (High nose bridge, defined jaw lines, double eyelids, dimples is more or less personal opinion, big eyes as opposed to squinty eyes, being tall of course). When I first saw her, I legit thought she was some American-Native American-French chick. Like how I mistook Cindy Bruna for an American model kind of thing.

Of course.. because Sui is from China, I'm pretty sure you can find lots of exotic looking chicks there if you travel around China long enough. In one Chinese interview, Sui herself mentioned she got lucky to be able to be at the spot that she currently is, because China has such a high population, you're bound to find some unique ones and she's not the only one with good looks.

I come from Malaysia, and am a Malaysian Chinese. And I haven't seen a Chinese with facial features like Sui's thus far. Girls can be pretty here but they really just lack the exotic look that Sui has. So if you compare the girls here with girls like Sui He, Sui's looks really stands out as being exotic.

Just to show an example..

http://www.thenutgraph.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/AmberChia_profile1-388x580.jpg

Please textlink or upload images onto a host instead of hotlinking. This include images from social media sites such as facebook, instagram, pinterest, tumblr, twitter, VK, etc. For more information click HERE. Thanks! ~post edited by PinkCouture

The first picture is a picture of Malaysian's own supermodel, Amber Chia. And she's not even model standards imo. I'm taller than her >_>. And there's nothing model-ish about her.

The attached file of a model photo is a friend of mine. Not really model quality to me, but if you compare their beauty, they're nowhere near Sui He, or probably even Liu Wen for that matter.

First of all you got to stop calling it "squinty eyes" because it is derogatory. Considering you are Asian yourself you really don't want to encourage or condone such language :no:

If you visit regions near Shanghai there are A LOT of woman possessing  the "non-standard" qualities you mentioned. Even in other parts of Mainland China, HK, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, and etc. there are a significant amount of Asian woman who has those features...naturally.

The term "exotic" is subjective so let's agree to disagree (Y)

On a different note at least someone considers me good-looking ;) :ninja:

Well.. it depends imho. I wouldn't say it is derogatory, but the way I see it, beauty and fashion is trending towards the Western ideals (great body, great face). It just kinda puts other traits as not so attractive. And yes, I am aware of women possessing "non-standard" qualities, but I think if you asked any Asians as well, most of them prefer big eyes. But I get your point, perhaps small eyes are not the most desired quality in fashion, but else where it is fine. No derogation intended.

Imo though, I personally would pay to go under the knife and get a double eyelid, but I am afraid of invasive procedures :/.

^ You might be onto something b/c I dumped him we broke-up not too long afterwards :nicole:

^ Whether you're already have a new partner or not, just be happy & do anything that's best for you. Life moves on buddy! Keep strong! make%20it%20clap.gif

Yes, I'm Asian. It's true that I find Sui exotic, because you don't really see Sui's features in most Asians. Even without makeups, she looks pretty different from your standard Asian (High nose bridge, defined jaw lines, double eyelids, dimples is more or less personal opinion, big eyes as opposed to squinty eyes, being tall of course). When I first saw her, I legit thought she was some American-Native American-French chick. Like how I mistook Cindy Bruna for an American model kind of thing.

Of course.. because Sui is from China, I'm pretty sure you can find lots of exotic looking chicks there if you travel around China long enough. In one Chinese interview, Sui herself mentioned she got lucky to be able to be at the spot that she currently is, because China has such a high population, you're bound to find some unique ones and she's not the only one with good looks.

I come from Malaysia, and am a Malaysian Chinese. And I haven't seen a Chinese with facial features like Sui's thus far. Girls can be pretty here but they really just lack the exotic look that Sui has. So if you compare the girls here with girls like Sui He, Sui's looks really stands out as being exotic.

http://www.thenutgraph.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/AmberChia_profile1-388x580.jpg

Please textlink or upload images onto a host instead of hotlinking. This include images from social media sites such as facebook, instagram, pinterest, tumblr, twitter, VK, etc. For more information click HERE. Thanks! ~post edited by PinkCouture

The first picture is a picture of Malaysian's own supermodel, Amber Chia. And she's not even model standards imo. I'm taller than her >_>. And there's nothing model-ish about her.

The attached file of a model photo is a friend of mine. Not really model quality to me, but if you compare their beauty, they're nowhere near Sui He, or probably even Liu Wen for that matter.

Hey hello fellow Malaysian! I'm beyond excited & happy now for your existence. I love how you mentioned Amber Chia as a reference. It's funny because I 100% agree with you about her being absolutely non-model material. Pretty lady, but typical. I giggled while reading it ^

Now I'm so curious, how tall are you??  :gocho:

...Western ideals (great body, great face)...

WOW. For now I will just leave it at that...

I'm not gonna mention the fact that a large portion of "The West" is obese SMH

"Large Eyes" are overrated in my opinion, an Asian Woman with a Cat Eye is probably the fiercest thing I've ever seen on the planet. 

Just look at Maud Welzen walking in Pink she looks fucking deranged thanks to her "Large Eyes" I thought she was gonna stab someone.

post-84648-0-1446072739-02836_thumb.jpg 

I'm not gonna mention the fact that a large portion of "The West" is obese SMH

"Large Eyes" are overrated in my opinion, an Asian Woman with a Cat Eye is probably the fiercest thing I've ever seen on the planet. 

Just look at Maud Welzen walking in Pink she looks fucking deranged thanks to her "Large Eyes" I thought she was gonna stab someone.

post-84666-0-1446072740-33475_thumb.jpg

OMG that's hilarious. I find Barbara Fialho's large eyes a bit frightening as well...

It's derogatory. You're using negative words to describe a physical attribute. Much like Pink, I would prefer if you stopped using it. 

Please textlink or upload images onto a host instead of hotlinking. This include images from social media sites such as facebook, instagram, pinterest, tumblr, twitter, VK, etc. For more information click HERE. Thanks! ~post edited by PinkCouture

Hey hello fellow Malaysian! I'm beyond excited & happy now for your existence. I love how you mentioned Amber Chia as a reference. It's funny because I 100% agree with you about her being absolutely non-model material. Pretty lady, but typical. I giggled while reading it ^

Now I'm so curious, how tall are you??  :gocho:

post-85013-0-1446072741-2864_thumb.gif

@toodarnhot and @PinkCouture

Please do not take this the wrong way. I'm not trying to imply that my opinions are correct but I wouldn't like to shy away from pointing out certain things. I apologize if it makes you feel uncomfortable. Being a psychology major and having taken Social Psychology and understanding societal perception of beauty myself, I have no ill feelings when books tend to write Asians in a very stereotypical/discriminative ways. My only point was that to prove Sui is generally the ideal beauty among a number of Asians, and not imply that s*****y eyes or small eyes are derogatory, as I myself have small eyes. So I apologize if you feel offended but hopefully I made it clear that I did not mean to begin some sort insult here.

@salfaridz

I'm about 5'10'', which is 1.8m? I have a picture of me and Amber Chia lying around, and I would like to post it but I am afraid I'll be sued for defamation LOL. But yeah, Amber is only 5'9'' or 1.75m/1.76m. And again, I'm not trying to put her down by saying Amber isn't a supermodel. The very fact that she is a supermodel is only because she's got status, connections, money and the fact she is the best fit for the modeling industry in Malaysia SO FAR. But that was a long time ago, she's still considered Malaysia's supermodel, but there were other promising girls. Considering she's got kids and she's aged a bit, she's been a bit behind since then but she delivers the best model traits amongst all model in Malaysia.