Bellazon

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2014 (GENERAL DISCUSSION)

Clauds

I am REALLY hoping there are no live performances for the Exotic Travellers & Angel Ball segments.

Only performer I wouldn't mute would be Ed Sheeran, does anybody else find it creepy how VS keeps getting performers who look like they are in high school? They get younger looking people every year and seem attracted to artists who have a huge teenage fanbase for some reason last few years.

Poor Jessica Hart not back at the show and Taylor is.

I like Taylor , but again?

so true! nothing against her, but her songs.. There's nothing special about them in my opinion  :yuckky:

I'm just fine with Ed, Ariana and the other one I don't know yet 

Taylor being there again just makes me think that VS will focus too much on her than on the models, and that pisses me off!

I'm not a fan of Ed and Ariana but at least they bring different vibes, Taylor it's just too much for me

I don't mind the other artists, but the same artist 2 years in a row seems a pretty lazy move in my opinion. I get that she is so freaking popular  but Jesus try something new VS ! It seems like such a wasted opportunity when they could introduce some emerging artists like BANKS, The Weeknd or something.

I agree. I live in London and would have really loved for VS to pick a number of British artists for the show... It would have probably drawn more people over here to watch the show if more than one of our most popular artists performed. 1D and Sam Smith, for example. Taylor is fine but for the second time in a row? The show's been hailed as the biggest ever etc etc. This comes across as lazy........

I don't mind the other artists, but the same artist 2 years in a row seems a pretty lazy move in my opinion. I get that she is so freaking popular  but Jesus try something new VS ! It seems like such a wasted opportunity when they could introduce some emerging artists like BANKS, The Weeknd or something.

I agree. I live in London and would have really loved for VS to pick a number of British artists for the show... It would have probably drawn more people over here to watch the show if more than one of our most popular artists performed. 1D and Sam Smith, for example. Taylor is fine but for the second time in a row? The show's been hailed as the biggest ever etc etc. This comes across as lazy........

well they have Ed

BlueJasmine no offense but it's a bit of a stretch to say it's more about the performers than the models. I mean, have you watched the past shows?

None taken, maybe I just didn't express myself well. As Arielle said, for the regular Joe they're just girls walking down a runway, yeah they're hot and all, but it's not enough to bring attention from all kind of audiences. There are people like us who actually care about models/outfits, and then there are people who don't give a damn as long as there are hot girls AND some kind of entertaining thing. Performers bring this thing, imo, the trick is obviously trying to find balance.

Just my thoughts tho.

Well now we know why Jessica Hart didn't make the cut tho :ninja:

I can't stand Ariana Grande, I hope she has to cancel last minute like Kanye & CeeLo, I can't stand her, her voice, her awful hair or her hooker boots :no:

I'm happy Ariana is for PINK, I wouldn't have liked her for the other segments. For PINK, she's honestly the perfect choice! I hope she does a mash-up of lots of her songs (like Problem/Break Free) the way Katy Perry did in 2010.

Taylor makes sense, considering 1989 was SO successful. She has great songs to choose from, so I'm excited to see what will be performed. Can't wait to see all the Taylor/Karlie/Lily interactions haha

I'm happy about Ed. He seems really mellow, and I think it will be perfect to outweigh the gimmicky-ness of Taylor/Ariana. He definitely seems like a performer that will let the models shine, rather than him getting in the way (ahem, Nicki Minaj, Maroon 5).

Indifferent to Hozier. I would have been cool to have One Direction to up the star power of the show (plus I think the dynamic would be really fun!).

I truly since(when rumors came out) last month believed that Ariana is a diva and that's why I don't like her like I used to.

It explains why two of her co stars in her past two shows did not want to be her friend period.

There are celebs who say she's sweet and what not but still.

I really don't want her to perform.

They choose Taylor instead One Direction? Yeah 'cause she was the "better" option.  :banghead:

I think they rushed with this one. They thought of her because her new album was everywhere these past few weeks (& because of her model friends but let's not talk about that.) The thing is that her album was number one on itunes for God knows how many days/weeks, but then 1D released their album on 17th of November and they put Taylor's album on the second place in a matter of hours. It would've been a smart move for them to have One Direction. They're british, they have fans of different ages since they started as 16 years old lads with a very pop sound aimed for young girls and now they're like 20-21's with a more mature sound and a different style. They kinda won over all kind of music lovers, young, old, etc.. And their album is now the IT album. They're gonna on Ellen, they were on Today show yesterday, they're promoted everywhere, they're friends with Ed Sheeran too and they were long before Ed was friends with Taylor. I don't know, everything sounds better for me if it's about 1D and not Taylor. Yeah, I really think they rushed with the decision. If only they thought about it and choose these boys. I'm not saying they're the perfect act for VSFS but they're definitely better than Swift, at least for me. Plus they can really sing and they're hot and they're also real gentlemen. 

By the way, Ariana is so thin and small and she's trying way too hard to be sexy. The contrast between her and the models is gonna make me laugh. She is 1.52. My God, imagine her next to Elsa since she's going to be performing in the PINK segment. But If I'll see a backstage photo of Ariana and Karlie, I mean..  :rofl: