Bellazon

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2014 (GENERAL DISCUSSION)

Clauds

2001 was boring as all hell, I'll come out and say it if no one else will.

Above all else Victoria's Secret is trying to sell a brand. By this point people have come to expect a certain level of showmanship and stage management from the production--because it is a production, it's not a regular fashion show. To keep drawing in viewers, who then keep VS in the back of their mind next time they go shopping, there's a certain level of sparkle they want to keep up. How they get that sparkle varies from year to year but to return to the format of the earlier shows would be a step backwards from all practical standpoints.

my god so rude about candice, she has a lack of energy ? can't people just handle that everyone isn't like adriana ? who does way too much in my opinion. it's her personnality which is like that, i mean.. vs does know she's not going to set fire, they doing it either.

2001 was definitely the most boring show! I'm surprised people are wanting VS to go back to those kinds of outfits and theme. Times have changed! Even 2000 was so basic. I think having 6 segments / themes makes it way more interesting.

Candice looks a lot less toned this year, only me noticing that? Anyway I hate her gold outfit. I'll be so underwhelmed if THAT'S the opening look for VSFS2014.

Karlie's body is on fire right now! Remember her skeletal frame in 2011!? She's looking great and I love her blonde!

Alessandra looks really great with all the body chains on her. I like the bra too. I jus hate her cape! The fabric looks hella cheap.

Behati's outfit is gorgeous ! I see she got new tattoos on her side. Still looking rail thin though.

Martha looks good in her pink white and black ensemble. Nice and simple. I don't like the big puffy wings tho.

Lindsays gold outfit... I'm skeptical. I didn't like the wings or the disco ball textured bra and panties. But the shoes are awesome and her trail is quite beautiful. Needs some tweeking.

Candice and Behati both look like they might have put a little bit of weight on - not a criticism at all, I much preferred Behati's slightly softer figure in her first few years. Same with Karlie, all her outfits covered her midriff in her first show so apart from her concave ass you couldn't really tell just how skinny she was, in 12 she still had the ballerina all-muscle-literally-no-fat-whatsoever look, but last year and more recently she's looked a lot better. I think she'd be a great opener, I just wish she hadn't gone blonde! What is that about? Doutzen, Rosie, Behati, now Karlie- they all started out with darker hair and looked so striking and beautiful and then they went blonde!

Candice is used way more than adriana, candice is the most over used angel ask anyone ...

i never said the opposite, i love her but i do think she's really used too but isn't it a kind of jealousy that people hate on her because of that, it's not her fault i mean, if they use her it's obviously because she's great for their business, there's no disinterest interest especially in the fashion industry (okaaay, weird sentance... hope you caught the sens.) VS has for sur their favorite, candice is one of them, cool for her, bad for the other, it's life.. they have aless and adriana on favorite too, aless have the fb two years ago if  i'm not wrong, adriana has it more than once they could give it to doutzen or behati who work for them for a while now... plus they have other angels so they had the choice to. It's not like they are leaving this year..

Pleaaase, someone knows when the performers will be released?  :o

Someone posted this on Ale's Beijos (Alejandra's site) and I'm posting it here because they didn't say that it couldn't be, but give them credit if you post elsewhere:

I'm going to sleep now, but I'm posting the following info only on this forum. I do hope they switch around Gilded Angels and Exotic Traveler.

These are the segments in order:

Gilded Angels will have 11 girls walking

Exotic Traveler is having 13 girls walking (They're counting Alessandra and Adriana as 1 single person since they're both walking the runway hand in hand)

Dream Girl will have 13 girls walking

Fairy Tale is having 13 girls walking

University of Pink is having 13 girls walking

Angel Ball is having 14 girls walking

That makes 78 outfits on the runway + 3 extra outfits.

Gilded Angels, Fairy Tale, and Angel Ball are the segments were we will see the most wings. 

The Dream Angel segment is mostly pastel colors. The outfit Lily tried on that we saw in the video is for Angel Ball.

The fitting we saw on Martha Hunt in the video is for Dream Girl.

It looks like Candice's outfit, unfortunately, is indeed opening up Gilded Angels and Lindsay's outfit is closing that segment.

Lily is opening up Dream Girl and Karlie is closing the segment in the fitting we saw. Dream Girl is the segment with the capes.

All the girls in Fairy Tale have wings or some sort of wings. Lily D's outfit is not opening up the segment.

I'm not sure if Alessandra is walking in Fairy Tale or Dream Girl.

post-3972-0-1446073733-2046_thumb.jpg <--- Dream Girl capes

University of Pink has no wings other than the girl who is opening up the segment.

Angel Ball segment is being closed by Behati's outfit.

(Almost all the black lingerie fittings we've seen this past week have been for the Angel Ball segment)

P.S. Alessandra's fans make good detectives ;)

I have a feeling Adriana isn't walking Angel Ball, but she will walk the finale with a 4th outfit (like Ale did last year). As well as maybe two other Angels. Hence the 3 extra outfits because they probably want everyone in black for pics like last year. But who knows. The numbers could be wrong.

I think Ale will walk for Dream Girl and not Fairy Tale if that's one of the segments Adriana will do (since that's the first fitting pic we saw).

That still possibly leaves a segment of Adriana's we don't know.

Is the 2nd volume of Dreams & Fantasies up yet?

Yes, it is.

https://www.victoriassecret.com/catalogue/

Thank you! I didn't realize to look there...now I know! Was just curious to see who was on the cover. :)

yeah, but unfortunately the FBs aren't inside. :idk:

None of the pics they took at the mansions are inside either. It's weird.