Bellazon

FIFA World Cup 2014

Michael*

Seems that Spain is out ,deserved,fair elimination.With all these stars,they seem they need a refresh.smily%20new%20one.gif

So happy for the Dutch,but afraid from a fall down for them later in the CUP, I remember  they did so great until semi-final in a previous world cup,but they fell so easily.

But this time,they're really so strong,working so good as a team,have 2 great scorers,Robbin and Van Persie.Deserved win but also Australian did great against Holland,much better performance from Australian than Spanish against the Dutch.

I think maybe we'll see a new hero to be crowned this time,Spain is out(not yet though),also Brazil is doing so badly,unless it get complimented.There are some semi-known teams who really surprised us and may get so far .

Sad news.

Cristiano Ronaldo Injured, May Miss Remainder of the World Cup

Cristiano Ronaldo is reportedly injured and he may be out of the World Cup for the remainder of the tournament.

The 29-year-old soccer player, who is playing for his home country of Portugal, was told by doctors to not play in Monday’s game against Germany due to his knee injury, but did so anyways.

During the training session on Wednesday (June 18), Cristiano reportedly had to withdraw from the practice with a half hour to go and sat on the sidelines with an ice-pack on his knee. Rumors are spreading that he is going to be missing the remainder of the World Cup sadly.

justjared.com

http://www.justjared.com/2014/06/18/cristiano-ronaldo-injured-may-miss-remainder-of-the-world-cup/

Yes for Croatia beating Cameroon, I knew it was a good idea to wear my Niko Kovac Number 10 Soccer Jersey during exercise :D I have a feeling Mexico could be beaten easily by Croatia, if Mexico got 1-0 to Cameroon, and Croatia got 4-0, it indicates a pretty good stance.

Pretty shocked at Spain though, I felt like their problem was they were too over confident in their abilities. It's a pity their only goal in the WC was a penalty goal. But hooray for Chile! 

Chile omg, what a spirit, the were like warriors, so confident, they didn't stop attacking, the whole stadium supported them, incredible match.

Spain needs to go home, twice Euro champions, and the WC trophy, they are just overpaid, so rich, so tired of victories. But I must say I also feel bad for Iker at this tournament, every time he misses a goal.

Was Croatia good? I know they won but was it deserved?

Well I suspected that Spain would find the end of their dominance at this tournament, but I was still pretty convinced they would survive their group. I was sure that Holland would have been the casualty.

I think the problem is more that this side was mentally and physically drained. They looked so very tired and lethargic. People forget that the core of this team has been playing nearly non-stop since 2008.

2008: Euros

2009: Confed cup

2010: WC

2012: Euros

2013: Confed cup

2014: WC

One Summer off in seven years would catch up to any team, let alone a team consisting of players who endure some of the most grueling club seasons to boot (Barça & Real Madrid, but also their premier league contingent).

It is somehow disappointing that Spain is eliminated so early. There was a lot of controversy about the squad. I think the one to blame is coach Del Bosque. He had contact with the players. Maybe I'm looking for excuses but it was very long season in the Spain. Barcelona, Atletico and Real Madrid players was fighting to the end. The players weren't prepared. Their tactics need speed and form and that factors Spain was lack of.
It was great match by Australia I wish they manage to win with Holland.

End of an era for one of the greatest sides to ever play the game.

Del Bosque would have almost certainly had an inkling that something wasn't quite right, but perhaps underestimating the scale of Spain's problems, decided on tweaking rather than rebuilding. His loyalty was admirable really, and understandable given the achievements of many of his players, but with the U21s having won the last two European Championships, this summer may have been the right time to start bringing some of the younger talent through.

Sad news.

Cristiano Ronaldo Injured, May Miss Remainder of the World Cup

Cristiano Ronaldo is reportedly injured and he may be out of the World Cup for the remainder of the tournament.

The 29-year-old soccer player, who is playing for his home country of Portugal, was told by doctors to not play in Monday’s game against Germany due to his knee injury, but did so anyways.

During the training session on Wednesday (June 18), Cristiano reportedly had to withdraw from the practice with a half hour to go and sat on the sidelines with an ice-pack on his knee. Rumors are spreading that he is going to be missing the remainder of the World Cup sadly.

justjared.com

http://www.justjared.com/page/3/

Well, maybe he was really cursed by that witch doctor :voodoo:

Bad news for Portugal

End of an era for one of the greatest sides to ever play the game.

Del Bosque would have almost certainly had an inkling that something wasn't quite right, but perhaps underestimating the scale of Spain's problems, decided on tweaking rather than rebuilding. His loyalty was admirable really, and understandable given the achievements of many of his players, but with the U21s having won the last two European Championships, this summer may have been the right time to start bringing some of the younger talent through.

I suspect this will have been the last tournament for a lot of this generation.

I am curious what happens to the likes of Ramos, Iniesta, Piqué. They are part of this golden generation, yet are still too young to simply discard before France 2016.

Casillas, Xavi, Xabi Alonso, Torres, ... will probably have represented La Furia Roja for the last time at a major tournament.

^ And amazing second half,so angry that Ivory Coast lost,I was rooting so big for them,they're so strong,organised and so quick.A not deserved win for Columbia,I only saw them when they scored 2 goals,they slept afterwards.Ivory deserved to win,now it's semi sure that Columbia will catch the next round,while Ivory Coast is in bad situation.