Bellazon

Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)

Michael*

This is the new trailer they just put out, I'm anticipating this movie so much make%20it%20clap.gif

Looking great so far, I like the quick glimpses of Falcon. As a longstanding fan of the character, I'll be keeping a good eye on his exploits in the movie. His backstory in the comics is a bit (how can I put this politely?) crap, but he's widely considered to be the first mainstream African-American superhero. :)

According to the comic 'Winter soldier', the 'Bucky' character.. is supposed to be his friend who fell from the train.  He is discovered by the Soviets missing an arm and suffering from brain damage (amnesia).  He is rebuilt with a bionic arm and brainwashed into a political assassin.

They seem to have done a pretty decent job of keeping his face obscured thus far, though anyone with so much as a cursory knowledge of the story would probably already know it was him. He also looks bizarrely like Jared Leto when he's in his Winter Soldier getup, which is odd because he looks nothing like him in real life. Whenever I see him in the trailers, I feel like I'm watching a pretentious eight-minute alt-pop music video instead. :laugh:

'Bucky' looks different here.  His face is pasty, and he has huge dark circles underneath his eyes.  I suspect that they made him into a cyborg of sorts that is reliant on a life-support mechanism.  He reminds me of young Darth Vader, lol...

They seem to have done a pretty decent job of keeping his face obscured thus far, though anyone with so much as a cursory knowledge of the story would probably already know it was him. He also looks bizarrely like Jared Leto when he's in his Winter Soldier getup, which is odd because he looks nothing like him in real life. Whenever I see him in the trailers, I feel like I'm watching a pretentious eight-minute alt-pop music video instead. :laugh:

'Bucky' looks different here. His face is pasty, and he has huge dark circles underneath his eyes. I suspect that they made him into a cyborg of sorts that is reliant on a life-support mechanism. He reminds me of young Darth Vader, lol...

I can see that. Sort of a midway point between pre and post-Vader Hayden Christensen. :laugh:

• 3 weeks later...

Haha, ditto.  I don't like her as an actress.  She is devoid of talent and charisma.   Scarjo is clearly benefiting from good positioning as she takes a lot of good jobs that could have gone to a much better series of actresses.  That's her career in a nutshell for me.  Black Widow is supposed to be a sassy, seductive, tall, and athletic russian spy..

The male lead is similarly a bummer.  Otherwise the movie looks fun. 

I think I might be in the minority in not really liking ScarJo's Black Widow all that much... :/

• 2 weeks later...

May 6, 2016: it’s Batman vs. Superman vs. Captain America

post-20523-0-1446096066-29408_thumb.jpg

When Warner Bros. announced that the release date for Batman vs. Superman was pushed back to May 6th, 2016, they knew that they would be going up against a Marvel movie. Marvel had previously announced an untitled movie for that date, and now we know what Warners will be up against.

The Hollywood Reporter has broken the news that Captain America 3 will be released on May 6th, 2016. It’ll be the follow-up to Captain America: The Winter Soldier, which is coming out next month and already tracking to have a huge opening weekend. Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige recently stated that they’re keeping the date, thus they plan to compete with Batman vs. Superman.

It’ll be interesting to see if Warner Bros. moves the Batman vs. Superman release date for a second time in order to avoid direct competition with Captain America 3. While both movies will make a ton of money in the long run, the fact that they come out on the same day will negatively impact the initial opening weekend box office numbers.

Forget Lex Luthor… Batman and Superman have a new opponent on May 6th, 2016 and his name is Captain America!

I expect one of them to switch release dates as it'd be rather stupid not to. Question is, who backs down? :hiro:

^ Well on a comicbook website they did a poll about which people would rather see and Superman vs Batman kicked Captain's ass. They said it's because they have already had two Captain America movies so it's nothing that new or exciting but the Superman sequel also features Batman, two of the most iconic superheroes of all time. 

If Kevin doesn't back down then I'm sure Warner Bros might, they would want Superman vs Batman to make as much money as possible. I'd be fine with them moving their date as long as they move it forwards and not backwards - seriously finding out about it being delayed by like 16 months was not awesome. 

I'd personally go see both of the movies anyway as I guarantee both will be awesome and filled with plenty of action scenes!

'Batman vs. Superman' may be a crapshoot in terms of quality, but I've no doubt that it'll still make tons of money. It'll be the first time the characters will have appeared onscreen together in a live action format, and that alone should equal financial success. Having said that, they may well be mindful of the lukewarm reviews for 'Man of Steel' and the fan backlash over some of their more questionable casting choices (by 'some' I of course mean 'all' ;)). Thus, I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't want the added pressure of going head-to-head with Marvel.

Anthony Mackie is pretty excited anyway... :laugh: