Bellazon

Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)

Michael*

^Thanks Shepherd! :heythere:

Saw it this morning. I won't go into too much detail at the moment because I know a great many people have yet to see it, suffice to say it surpassed all my expectations, and has replaced 'The Avengers' as my favourite movie in the current story arc. Continuing the theme of slotting each hero's individual story into its own sub-genre and packing some of the boldest plot developments of any Marvel effort to date, it was almost effortlessly entertaining. Great action sequences, loved the seventies political conspiracy thriller vibe, loved the mid-credits scene and can't wait for the follow-up. Over to you, Joss! :ddr:

Sounds promising! Truth be told, I wasn't expecting that much.

It is @ 94% on Rottentomatoes (49 critics) right now.

Saw it this morning. I won't go into too much detail at the moment because I know a great many people have yet to see it, suffice to say it surpassed all my expectations, and has replaced 'The Avengers' as my favourite movie in the current story arc. Continuing the theme of slotting each hero's individual story into its own sub-genre and packing some of the boldest plot developments of any Marvel effort to date, it was almost effortlessly entertaining. Great action sequences, loved the seventies political conspiracy thriller vibe, loved the mid-credits scene and can't wait for the follow-up. Over to you, Joss! :ddr:

Well, the cams are up and it is the most impressive action spectacle out of all the Marvel movies and greatly overshadows the predecessor in this department, 'Captain America'..  The effort put into this is rather special among action movies as it can be seen that they tried to increase the level of tension. I can't comment on anything else because I didn't see most of the rest.  As for the 'The Winter Soldier' himself, he is wielded about like 'the Terminator'. 

I'll see the rest later but I think the good reviews are justified.  Still can't stand Scarlett and CA though..

"Hydra's New World Order will arise! We won Captain!  Your Death amounts to the same as your Life..A Zero Sum!"  

"Nooooo!!!!"   :nicole:

• 2 weeks later...

I saw this last night - enjoyed it a lot (Y)

And you know the first part where Steve is talking to Falcon whilst they're running?

That list included 'Tim Tams' which the Marvel NZ + Australia Facebook fans got to pick which assortment of the list Steve should learn post awakening, it made me sort of cheerful
smily%20new%20one.gif

Surely 'Neighbours' should have been ahead of Skippy on the Australian list? :laugh:

I hadn't heard about the shots being localised for different territories until just the other day, although I did wonder at the time why an American hero would have England's World Cup victory in 1966 down as one of his main things to catch up on. I'd be most interested now to find out how many different ones they made, and what was on them. :yes:

Forgot to mention it before, but it was really fun seeing Batroc make an appearance at the beginning. He was an obscure and very over-the-top French villain with a foolish costume and ludicrous moustache. :laugh:

The movie paid homage to him by toning down his costume but letting him keep his signature colours. :hehe:

batroc.jpg 778dd5c9912866baecab5eace0383403_origina.jpg