Bellazon

General Celebrity Gossip

katchitup

On 7/4/2023 at 3:36 PM, Cult Icon said:

iz1glv3yqp9b1.jpg

I thought about the racially diverse casting for the sorceresses and I suddenly realized it isn't that racially diverse after all.

Lauren Hissrich cast mostly white and black actresses in those roles, with Anya Chalotra part Asian (her father is Indian).

But there aren't really any other Asian actresses in those roles, nor Hispanic.

2 hours ago, SympathysSilhouette said:

I thought about the racially diverse casting for the sorceresses and I suddenly realized it isn't that racially diverse after all.

Lauren Hissrich cast mostly white and black actresses in those roles, with Anya Chalotra part Asian (her father is Indian).

Yeah, most of the racially diverse casting in hollywood ignores Asian and hispanics.  It's mainly black people for some reason.  

I don't understand why myself except for the fact that blacks are more vocal and are more strongly rooted in entertainment than the other two groups.  

Also have you noticed that Anya looks very white in the show compared to her candids?  

BTW Yen's teacher in the red dress (who is a good actress and well cast) was the voice actor for Anna Henneritta in W3.

On 7/5/2023 at 7:43 PM, SympathysSilhouette said:

Hiring people for their skin color is a mistake. The only thing that matters is competence (and in the case of a book adaptation, ressemblance with the original characters).

Diversity is not our strength. Rewarding competence is our strength.

If the character was written as black, the he should be black. Same for white, ginger, blonde, etc.

This is what happens when people see the world through modern lenses.

Diversity is not our strength. Rewarding competence is our strength. The skin color should never matter when you build a submarine.

Titanic tour CEO Stockton Rush said he didn't hire '50-year-old white guys' because they were NOT 'inspirational' - as footage emerges of him boasting of previous 'invulnerable' sub designed to explore 'unsinkable' Titanic

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12219265/Stockton-Rush-said-didnt-hire-50-year-old-white-guys-NOT-inspirational.html

On 7/8/2023 at 12:19 AM, Enrico_sw said:

Hiring people for their skin color is a mistake. The only thing that matters is competence (and in the case of a book adaptation, ressemblance with the original characters).

Diversity is not our strength. Rewarding competence is our strength.

If the character was written as black, the he should be black. Same for white, ginger, blonde, etc.

To be honest I don't really care that much about the racially diverse casting. I actually like a few of those actors. Like the ones who play Fringilla and Phillipa Earhart.

I was more amused by a show that is obviously proud of its racially diverse cast primarily just having white and black cast members. That is not that diverse.

And how many people even know Anya is half-Asian through her dad?