Bellazon

The Avengers, Age of Ultron, Infinity War & Endgame (2012-2019)

Ana Beatriz Barros Fan

Doubt this, I thought they said Stark was getting killed off? It would make sense considering they cut Robert's contract down or something? However I like Rhodes so I think I'll like him in the film

A lot will probably depend on whether or not an 'Avengers 3' is in the works, because I can't imagine them wanting to do a whole third movie without Stark. Most likely, Rhodey's death (presumably at the robotic hands of Ultron) becomes Tony’s motivation to return to his superhero duties, since he retired his armour at the end of 'Iron Man 3’.

• 2 weeks later...

Stark won't die, Robert Downey Jr. already signed for Avengers 2 & 3 so he's safe until at least the third movie. I agree that Rhodey's death is a big possibility, I don't see another reason why Tony would return unless someone close to him dies and the only two people that come to mind are Pepper & Rhodey and unless they are planning to kill Pepper off-scene then all you have is Rhodey.

I doubt they'll ever kill Stark TBH, as much as everyone adores Robert's performance we all know it's a matter of time before Marvel/Disney looks for a shitty new Iron Man to keep the franchise going.

Please let's just sacrifice Pepper, Rhodes is too good to die but Gwenyth I believe already stated that she's not returning for this film so that sucks. Maybe when Captain America 2 comes out there's going to be some hints for what could happen in the Avengers 2, depending on whether or not they kill Bucky/Sebastian Stan.

There's also been a new character added in "Baron Wolfgang von Strucker" and he's a Nazi supervillian so maybe we'll get hints in Captain America about him or some little cameo like Marvel always does to leave us at a cliffhanger

There's also been a new character added in "Baron Wolfgang von Strucker" and he's a Nazi supervillian so maybe we'll get hints in Captain America about him or some little cameo like Marvel always does to leave us at a cliffhanger

It might fit in with the rumours about Robert Redford playing an older version of Strucker in 'Captain America 2'. I wonder if they'll have him use the 'Satan Claw' to make himself younger and then replace Redford with Thomas Kretschmann, who I believe is now confirmed to play the part in 'Age of Ultron'.

There's going to be a hell of a lot of stuff going on in this movie, but I suppose we have seen Whedon successfully handle a mass of characters in the past. If anyone can pull off such a mammoth ensemble piece, it’s him.

It makes sense yes, and yes I do believe Kretschmann is confirmed. Any Marvel movie has a lot of stuff going on and one of the main talents that the producers/directors/screenwriters all hold is the talent of being able to weave everything in seamlessly, if everyone watched the movies before the Avengers (Captain America, Thor, Iron Man), then it made perfect sense, it even made perfect sense for me not seeing those movies. Whedon will do good no doubt as he always does. I wonder if anything from Guardians of the Galaxy will be featured or weave into the plotline as well, specifically because at the end of Thor 2 they take the tesseract I think to the Gatherer, and he's the main villain for GOTG. So many questions that will be answered once the films all come out.

• 2 weeks later...

It makes sense yes, and yes I do believe Kretschmann is confirmed. Any Marvel movie has a lot of stuff going on and one of the main talents that the producers/directors/screenwriters all hold is the talent of being able to weave everything in seamlessly, if everyone watched the movies before the Avengers (Captain America, Thor, Iron Man), then it made perfect sense, it even made perfect sense for me not seeing those movies. Whedon will do good no doubt as he always does. I wonder if anything from Guardians of the Galaxy will be featured or weave into the plotline as well, specifically because at the end of Thor 2 they take the tesseract I think to the Gatherer, and he's the main villain for GOTG. So many questions that will be answered once the films all come out.

All part of the fun, and a sign of how good Marvel has been at planning ahead thus far. :laugh:

Yeah, there were a lot of people speculating that Thanos would be the next villain, but many also thought it was a tease to a third 'Avengers' movie. It’s confirmed that he’ll have a greatly expanded role in 'Guardians of the Galaxy', which supposedly isn’t going to tie in with 'Age of Ultron', but they could still quite easily weave one (or more) of the infinity gems into 'Guardians' or 'Ultron', and set up an even larger motivation for Thanos to appear on Earth.

‘The Avengers: Age of Ultron’ Adds Korean Actress Kim Soo Hyun

As pre-production continues on ‘The Avengers: Age of Ultron’, it appears that Joss Whedon’s follow up to his 2012 blockbuster is getting more international. Like many Marvel Studios films before it, the next movie featuring Earth’s Mightiest Heroes will be shot primarily at Pinewood Studios in London. However, it will also head over to South Africa to shoot in the fitting location of Capetown, which might hint at the inclusion of Wakanda and the Black Panther. Also, with Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch hailing from Eastern Europe, maybe we’ll even see where they came from at some point in the film. Now, it looks as if Whedon has added some Far East flavor to the film as a Korean actress has just been added to the cast.

Kim Soo Hyun (not to be confused with the male Korean star of the same name) has been chosen to appear in the upcoming Phase Two film in the “major role of a doctor who will appear within the middle act of the film and serve as a partner to Robert Downey Jr.’s Tony Stark/Iron Man”. Reports say that Whedon himself visited Korea in December 2013 for the auditions that saw Hyun beat out 40 other actresses for a role that required fluent English.

Other than that, no more information has been released about Tony Stark’s doctor companion. Since Ultron is involved, my guess would be that Hyun would be playing S.H.I.E.L.D.’s A.I. Division Chief Monica Chang, who currently appears in Sam Humphries’ ongoing comic series ‘Avengers A.I.’ alongside Hank Pym, Vision, and other artificially intelligent Avengers. Her expertise would fit in perfectly with what one can expect to happen when Whedon pits an angry android against Captain America and his compatriots.

‘The Avengers: Age of Ultron’ assembles in theaters on May 1, 2015.

Superhero Paul Bettany signs up for the Marvel party: British actor will star as The Vision in new Avengers movie Age of Ultron

British actor Paul Bettany has joined the elite super-heroes the Avengers and is in training to bring a comic book warrior out of the cold and onto the big screen.

Bettany will play the Vision, an old-timer in the world of illustrated heroes, in the second Marvel Avengers movie, Age Of Ultron.

He’ll join Robert Downey Jr’s Iron Man, Scarlett Johansson’s Black Widow, Chris Hemsworth’s Thor, Chris Evans’s Captain America and Mark Ruffalo’s The Hulk.

Bettany and Jeremy Renner, who plays ace archer Hawkeye, were at Shepperton Studios just outside London this week, meeting with director Joss Whedon.

They did a series of costume, hair and make-up tests and worked with stuntmen and armourers.

The casting of Bettany has been shrouded in secrecy, but he was spotted at Shepperton on Monday. The Avengers: Age Of Ultron is code-named After Party . . . or at least it was.

I bet as soon as executives at Marvel and Disney read this report they’ll change it. But it was certainly working yesterday when I rang the studio and asked to be put through to the production office for After Party. I asked for Whedon, and producer Kevin Feige, but was told they weren’t available. ‘I’m not at liberty to speak to you about the production,’ a polite unit assistant informed me. The Vision emerged in 1940, but didn’t become associated with the Avengers team until the Sixties, when Ultron (played by James Spader) created him as a weapon to be used against the Avengers. Through various story-lines and complex machinations, the Vision turned the tables and became an Avengers member himself, and married (or whatever it is androids do) Scarlet Witch (Elizabeth Olsen will play her). The Vision’s powers include the ability to fire beams of infra-red and microwave radiation, and use a hologram force to render himself invisible. Make-up experts were using various powders and potions on Bettany’s pale skin to bring about the Vision’s chalk-white complexion. Filming begins later next month on locations in the UK and South Africa. Bettany, who starred in A Beautiful Mind, will be seen soon in Transcendence with Johnny Depp. He also provided the no-nonsense voice of Tony (Iron Man) Stark’s computer butler JARVIS in the three Iron Man pictures and 2012’s The Avengers. No word yet on whether  he will do double duty in The Avengers: Age Of Ultron as both the Vision and JARVIS.

dailymail.co.uk

They're somewhat announcing new cast members quite late, isn't filming due to start soon? Like this month? Read somewhere too that the action scenes will be filmed in Gauteng, South Africa.

Suddenly, Scarlet Witch's involvement is starting to make more sense.

Very sound casting choice, though. Makes sense for Bettany to play Vision, particularly if Ultron is indeed going to be based on Jarvis's operating system. Not to mention the fact that he's a perfect fit for the physical design of the character. Only drawback is that he'll probably have to actually watch the movies now... :laugh:

• 4 weeks later...

Scarlett Johansson's pregnancy 'could delay filming for The Avengers: Age of Ultron'

Her surprise pregnancy news shocked her film fans when it was announced this week.

But the news seems to have come as a surprise to Scarlett Johansson's film bosses, too.

The 29-year-old actress is reportedly due to welcome her first child into the world with her fiancé Romain Dauriac, 31, in August, but shooting for her upcoming movie The Avengers: Age Of Ultron, may need to be re-scheduled to fit around her growing baby bump.

Filming off the action movie - which has often required Scarlett to be active on set - is said to kick off on April 5.

The blonde beauty plays Natasha Romanoff in the superhero film, which sees her squeeze into a figure-hugging catsuit and bosses are reportedly keen to shoot her scenes as soon as possible.

A source told E! News: 'Shooting for the superhero sequel will need a bit of rearranging. They're going to fast-track her scenes.'

dailymail.co.uk

• 2 weeks later...

I'll probably be murdered for saying this but one thing I'm actually looking forward to with this movie is having no Loki. I enjoyed him as a villain in Thor and The Avengers but then I think I grew tired of him with all the fan-girl love he receives. Will be nice to see some other villains that Marvel has to offer, don't think the fan-girls can ruin Ultron for me, but you never know, some may have a robot fetish.  :mellow:

Concept Art released by Marvel

post-67297-0-1446182413-78387_thumb.jpgpost-67297-0-1446182413-79839_thumb.jpgpost-67297-0-1446182413-82847_thumb.jpg

I'm actually relatively disappointed with it. The Hulk and Black Widow shot is literally something we see in the Avengers in that whole circle scene that's epic, Scarlett Witch is just a miss in my opinion, what happened to that sexy red costume with the Magneto styled headband thing? Why does the girl look like a mechanic? And they aren't even dying Quicksilver's hair, what a bummer. Of course this is only the concept art and the finished product could vary, it isn't being very promising in my opinion :/

I'll probably be murdered for saying this but one thing I'm actually looking forward to with this movie is having no Loki. I enjoyed him as a villain in Thor and The Avengers but then I think I grew tired of him with all the fan-girl love he receives. Will be nice to see some other villains that Marvel has to offer, don't think the fan-girls can ruin Ultron for me, but you never know, some may have a robot fetish. :mellow:

Agreed. Hiddleston was outstanding as Loki and I hope to see him again in 'Thor 3', but I don't think his presence is required in this one. The MCU is too big a place to build two Avengers movies around just one villain.

Concept Art released by Marvel

post-20523-0-1446182415-46209_thumb.jpgpost-20523-0-1446182415-478_thumb.jpgpost-20523-0-1446182415-48514_thumb.jpg

I'm actually relatively disappointed with it. The Hulk and Black Widow shot is literally something we see in the Avengers in that whole circle scene that's epic, Scarlett Witch is just a miss in my opinion, what happened to that sexy red costume with the Magneto styled headband thing? Why does the girl look like a mechanic? And they aren't even dying Quicksilver's hair, what a bummer. Of course this is only the concept art and the finished product could vary, it isn't being very promising in my opinion :/

I was pulling for Pietro to have his silver hair too, although I can't imagine that it was ever really on the cards for Olsen to wear anything closely resembling Wanda's trademark costume. Whedon did say though that they'll be incorporating her headgear in some way, so my guess is that this isn't quite the final look we’ll see in the movie. Most likely, the designers give a few nods to the various outfits they've worn over the years, without making them too comic book-ish to work on film.

On the bright side - Hulkbuster! :ddr:

post-20523-0-1446182415-49833_thumb.jpg

^ I don't mind how Quicksilver looks. I'll take this version over Bryan Singers anyday! What Wanda is wearing doesn't look like a costume anyway, so I doubt this is what she'll really be wearing when she kicks ass. Everyone has a costume, even Quicksilver does, so I'm sure Wanda will have one too.

^Yeah, Quicksilver's is clearly an homage to his early-Avengers costume. I like it... (And at least it has more of a nod than what Hawkeye ended up with: S.H.I.E.L.D agent + snowboarder sunglasses.)

Whilst I agree that the whole spandex thing is a tricky thing to pull off on the big screen, Wanda did sport a couple of variants over the years and her more Romany-inspired (albeit cliché) look could translate pretty well, if they end up paying any sort of homage to that side of her:

post-11221-0-1446182417-1726_thumb.jpg post-11221-0-1446182417-19137_thumb.jpg

Either way I think they'd be rather remiss not to have her actually wearing SCARLET somewhere in there. And I call that jacket more "rust" or "burnt sienna"!  :p

I was pulling for Pietro to have his silver hair too, although I can't imagine that it was ever really on the cards for Olsen to wear anything closely resembling Wanda's trademark costume. Whedon did say though that they'll be incorporating her headgear in some way, so my guess is that this isn't quite the final look we’ll see in the movie. Most likely, the designers give a few nods to the various outfits they've worn over the years, without making them too comic book-ish to work on film.

On the bright side - Hulkbuster! :ddr:

Pietro just needs to have that silver hair I'll go into a crisis if he doesn't, I anyways am not fond of the casting for the Maximoff twins, they don't need to make me dislike the character further :p 

As for Pietro's outfit though I like, it's the original one from the comics so that's finally something they're touching up upon. I'm really curious though to see what they actually do look like considering it has been said that in the post credits scene for Captain America 2 they preview the twins and the baddie Kretschmann or whatever the unspellable name is. So I guess that can answer any theories anybody has on it or they way they will look. I guess I'll be able to see next Sunday since I'm going to an advanced screening :) Sadly enough it's only early for my country, like the rest of the world gets it on the 26th, then it comes out in New Zealand officially on the 4th April.

^ I don't mind the casting of the siblings, the only creepy thing about the casting is both are going to be in the new Godzilla movie where they play husband and wife. So people may get confused when they watch this movie next year.  :laugh: