Bellazon

Sin City: A Dame to Kill For (2014)

Michael*

With the original Sin City, I liked Marv the best.  He was splendidly acted.  Most of the other actors were adequate, but I didn't like Alba and Bruce Willis.  It was painful watching the two since they didn't have much flow and believably between them.  Clive Owen is a very good actor, but he did seem somewhat miscast.  Rosario dawson was a goddess, as was Jaime King.

Jessica Alba was great (LOL) when she was dancing but not when she was talking...She's from the ScarJo school of acting.  I don't like Joseph Gordon's acting either (don't read this Maartje!!!)

Pretty amusing that RR is calling Alba ten times the actress she was at the time he shot the first Sin City.

Not very complimentary of her performance in that movie, surely!

It was Miller who said that.  I don't think RR would say something so dickish.

Alba’s acting work has taken a backseat to other endeavors in the past few years, but Miller assures us that she is “eight times the actor [that she was] when I did the first film.”

source

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2014/02/27/jessica-alba-mickey-rourke-joseph-gordon-levitt-sin-city-a-dame-to-kill-for-photos/

I loved the first one so I'm excited for this.  No Carla Gugino then? :clobber:

Thanks for the correction, for some reason I read it was Rodriguez who made that statement.

Makes sense it was Miller. :p

It was Miller who said that.  I don't think RR would say something so dickish.

Alba’s acting work has taken a backseat to other endeavors in the past few years, but Miller assures us that she is “eight times the actor [that she was] when I did the first film.”

source

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2014/02/27/jessica-alba-mickey-rourke-joseph-gordon-levitt-sin-city-a-dame-to-kill-for-photos/

Eight times zero is still zero. :ninja:

^I think that's pretty much what that statement meant, except you know, the wording was more diplomatic.  :rofl:

Also, Jessica Alba really needs this film to do well because her star has really faded. I honestly forgot about her and she used to be all over the place a few years ago.

Who knows, maybe her performance will surprise us. :ninja:

Bruce Willis is a bit typecasted since his 'Die Hard' days as the working class hero with a humorous attitude in the face of danger.  The brooding, depressed Willis from Sin city and his other films never really got through to me.  Same thing with Clive Owen...liked him as the everyman hero in 'Children of Men' but not the arrogant killer of  'Sin City' or 'Shoot em' up'.

Bruce Willis was too young to play Hartigan. Hartigan is supposed to be nearly 70 when he is released from prison,and thus in his early 60s when he first disposes of the Yellow Bastard.

And Alba played an exotic dancer who somehow keeps her clothes on all through the movie. :p

I remember this gif, LOL:

post-40981-0-1446103431-99605_thumb.gif

On 3/10/2014 at 4:00 PM, Nar said:

Might be because Devon was pregnant with her second child at the time of the filming. 

Ah, I didn't know that. So presumably, Devon wasn't up for rollerskating and wielding a blade while heavily pregnant. :laugh:

This is the kind of thing that happens when you wait nine years to make your sequel. :goose-wft:

^Devon Aoki has such a wonderfully impassive face - it was great for modelling, and it suited the taciturn Miho perfectly too... Now I'm a big fan of Ms. Chung, I started her thread here, but I was worried when I saw the casting as I've always seen her a little too smiley and animated for such a role. Have to say though, I soon perked up when I saw that glimpse of her in the trailer!  :woot:

post-11221-0-1446103432-83622_thumb.gif

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/13/2014 at 11:06 AM, TheBaronOfFratton said:

^Devon Aoki has such a wonderfully impassive face - it was great for modelling, and it suited the taciturn Miho perfectly too... Now I'm a big fan of Ms. Chung, I started her thread here, but I was worried when I saw the casting as I've always seen her a little too smiley and animated for such a role. Have to say though, I soon perked up when I saw that glimpse of her in the trailer! :woot:

Given my ultimate pick for a replacement Miho, I might have gone for Rila Fukushima of 'The Wolverine' fame. Like Devon, she has that deadpan look off to a fine art. I suppose they could always cast her for the third movie in 2023. :laugh:

• 1 month later...