Bellazon

Thor: The Dark World (2013)

Clauds

Thor: The Dark World (also known as Thor 2)

Is an upcoming American superhero film featuring the Marvel Comics character Thor, produced by Marvel Studios and distributed by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures. It will be the sequel to 2011's Thor and the eighth installment in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Alan Taylor directed the screenplay by Christopher Yost, Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely,[1] which stars Chris Hemsworth, Natalie Portman, Tom Hiddleston, Stellan Skarsgård, Idris Elba, Christopher Eccleston, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, Kat Dennings, Ray Stevenson, Zachary Levi, Tadanobu Asano, Jaimie Alexander, Rene Russo and Anthony Hopkins.
Development of Thor: The Dark World began in April 2011, when producer Kevin Feige announced plans for a sequel to follow the crossover film The Avengers. In July 2011, Kenneth Branagh, the director of Thor, withdrew from the project. Brian Kirk and Patty Jenkins were considered to direct the film before Taylor was hired in January 2012. The supporting cast filled out in August 2012, with the hiring of Eccleston, Dennings and Akinnuoye-Agbaje. Principal photography began in September 2012 in Surrey, England with filming continuing in Iceland and London, before wrapping up in December 2012. Like the first film, Thor: The Dark World will be converted to 3D in post-production.

Cast
Chris Hemsworth - Thor
Tom Hiddleston - Loki
Natalie Portman - Jane Foster
Kat Dennings - Darcy Lewis
Ray Stevenson - Volstagg
Zachary Levi - Fandral
Anthony Hopkins - Odin
Stellan Skarsgard - Dr. Erik Selvig
Christopher Eccleston - Malekith
Jamie Alexander - Sif
Clive Russell - Tyr
Adewale Akkinnuoye-Agbaje - Algrim/KUrse
Rene Russo - Frigga

Writing Credits
Don Payne - Story
Christopher Yost - Screenplay
Christopher Markus - Screenplay
Stephen McFeely - Screenplay

Thor: The Dark World is scheduled to be released on November 8, 2013.

The first trailer was relased today April 23th

The movie looks freaking epic! Thor has always been my favorite superhero, I love the first movie to no ends but this one looks SO much better. I can't wait to see it, I love that we'll see another side of Thor and finally I'll see what happened to Loki after The Avengers

The first Thor movie was an immensely enjoyable story, with an energy and depth that I would never have expected. Looking forward to seeing what they've come up with for the sequel. :ddr:

Quite excited to see Christopher Eccleston as one of the villains too. He always strikes me as one of those actors who, even if the material they have to work with isn't the best, just always seems to be on good form.

On 25/04/2013 at 0:49 AM, MissLimaVzla said:

Yes he is a great actor, I'm sure he will kill it as the villain. But the thing I'm excited the most about is to see why Thor needs Loki's help after all he did.

When he's finished sitting in jail looking like Eddie Vedder from Pearl Jam, I was thinking maybe he'll be enlisted by Thor to help protect Jane in some way. The brief mountain scene at 0:52 gave the impression that they were travelling to some far-flung hiding place. Whatever happens, I hope this movie doesn't represent the end of Loki's story. :hehe:

I doubt this will be the last of Loki because there will probably be another Thor movie to complete a Trilogy and I think Loki is the main character along with Thor so I'm sure we'll see him there at least, even if we don't see him in the Avengers 2

On 28/04/2013 at 1:59 AM, MissLimaVzla said:

I doubt this will be the last of Loki because there will probably be another Thor movie to complete a Trilogy and I think Loki is the main character along with Thor so I'm sure we'll see him there at least, even if we don't see him in the Avengers 2

Since a running theme of the comics (at least, what few Thor comics I've read) is Thor endlessly giving Loki second chances and Loki throwing them back in his face, I'm hoping the movies follow suit. Fingers crossed for more Shakespearian insults too. :hehe:

That's Jaimie Alexander as Sif, warrior goddess and occasional love interest of Thor. :bellazon:

I've never seen her before, but I'm impressed already!....

They should really include valkyrie in Thor. That's the best part of Norse mythology....:-p

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...