Bellazon

Music of 2013

donbot

So I just got back from Laneway.

Bat For Lashes. Blew. Me. Away. :chicken:

She looked so beautiful, and sounded even better - I was so impressed with how flawless her voice was. Her opening of Lilies will stay with me for a long time post-20523-0-1446185201-10474_thumb.gif

Awesome. :chicken:

And continuing on the Bat For Lashes theme, here's the recent video for 'A Wall' and as a bonus, a nice little 'behind the scenes' film too... :)

^Awesome :hehe:

New Postal Service! :chicken: :chicken:

The Postal Service are helping celebrate the 10 year anniversary of their seminal debut Give Up with the release of a deluxe reissue of the record, featuring two new songs.

One of those new tracks, 'A Tattered Line Of String', was unveiled this week. Check it out below:

Responding to questions underneath the YouTube video, The Postal Service's label Sub Pop had this to say about the origins of the song.

"To the best of our knowledge at this time, no, The Postal Service is not currently working on new material. And no, "A Tattered Line of String" is not a Give Up leftover from 2003. For those of you who like details like this, this song was actually begun in 2006 and finished up in 2012".

The Postal Service make their live return at Coachella this April.

Oh no, not again! :pinch:

:laugh:

What do you think of Mumford by the way M*? I've always got the impression you're not really a fan.

I probably should be, it's the sort of thing I'd usually like and I'm a fan of pretty much all the artists you'd closely associate with them. I've just never really felt compelled to hop on the bandwagon, as it were. Some kind of weird blind spot, I guess. :laugh:

I probably should be, it's the sort of thing I'd usually like and I'm a fan of pretty much all the artists you'd closely associate with them. I've just never really felt compelled to hop on the bandwagon, as it were. Some kind of weird blind spot, I guess. :laugh:

^Really like the sound of that one. The opening gave me a slight 'How Soon Is Now' flashback. :laugh:

:laugh:

Is that ever since Little Lion Man broke? You should check them out live some time.. might change your mind about them :)

Kind of since always really, even in the early days I found it tricky to get into them in any significant way. I wouldn't turn my nose up at a chance to see 'em live though, they always seem to go down brilliantly at festivals and suchlike. :hehe: