Bellazon

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2012 (GENERAL DISCUSSION)

Clauds

What to expect from the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show

Victoria’s Secret will celebrate the circus, cinema and pop culture at a ‘magical’ fashion show tomorrow—with a little help from Rihanna.

The singer, along with Justin Bieber and Bruno Mars, will supply the soundtrack for the lingerie giant’s annual catwalk spectacular.

This year’s show includes 65 costumes and 28 pairs of sculptural Angel Wings. Wearing the custom creations is a cast of top models including Hilary Rhoda, Alessandra Ambrosio,Miranda Kerr and VS first-timers Jourdan Dunn and Cara Delevingne.

‘This year's show will open with a spectacular theme that sets the tone for the entire show,’ Collection Designer Todd Thomas told WWD. ‘There will be nostalgic romance, historical fashion and epic references to pop culture.’

The day before the show, most Angels seemed intent on squeezing in one last workout. Candice Swanepoel tweeted a photograph of her abs, Rhoda checked in from the gym, and Jessica Hart shared a photo of herself in exercise gear. Other models just wanted to share their excitement: ‘Going to @VictoriasSecret Show rehearsal soon!’ Liu Wen said. ‘Can’t wait to see my friends #VSFashionShow’.

What else to expect from the glitteriest show on earth? Look out for a crystal-covered costume marking the show's 10th anniversary of its partnership with Swarovski Elements, and another piece—the Snake Charmer—that makes use of snake eyes from a taxidermist.

We’ll be there, bringing you news, tweets and photos straight from backstage and the show itself tomorrow afternoon and evening. Got a question for the Angels? Tweet it to us @ELLEUK using the #VSFashionShow hashtag. No proposals, propositions or prom date requests, please. The rest is up to you…

http://www.elleuk.co...on-show#image=1

The maryna thing is sketch... why would they "shoot" her? she's not a vs angel and she's not karlie (since vs is in love with her) i don't see vs shooting her like that or her having to get dolled up because they're not using her for anything, it must just be a catalog shot...i don't think she's walking, even though at first I was sure she was

- Adriana Lima

- Alessandra Ambrosio

- Behati Prinsloo

- Candice Swanepoel

- Doutzen Kroes

- Erin Heatherton

- Lily Aldridge

- Lindsay Ellingson

- Miranda Kerr

- Barbara Palvin

- Bregje Heinen

- Cameron Russell

- Cara Delevigne

- Constance Jablonski

- Dorothea Barth Jorgessen

- Edita Vilkeviciute

- Elsa Hosk

- Frida Gustavsson

- Hilary Rhoda

- Ieva Laguna

- Isabeli Fontana

- Izabel Goulart

- Jacquelyne Jablonski

- Jasmine Tookes

- Jessica Hart

- Joan Smalls

- Jourdan Dunn

- Karlie Kloss

- Lais Ribeiro

- Lily Donaldson

- Lui Wen

- Maud Welzen

- Shanina Shaik

- Sharam Diniz

- Shu Pei

- Toni Garrn

I honestly think this is the list. There could be a few more or a surprise. But all these girls have been confirmed by the models themselves, agencies or people at VS. The only one I'm still uncertain about is Edita. This is 36 girls. Still no proper news on Maryna. And if Flavia was in wouldn't her agency say she was along with Ieva, Bregje and Jacquelyne?

I love casting videos, as I always find them interesting and excited. Yet, at the same time, I'm always dissapointed in seeing how many great models didn't make the cut in favor of less than stellar girls. Clearly, I'm too invested in all this. Kind of surprised to see some of the names that were there and am also beginning to suspect that the very bottom role of comp cards (like last year) are models that they would like to do the show if scheduling permitted. Just a guess though. Still don't get how Arlenis wasnt cast even though she shot the Holiday catalogue and commercial :/

It's just weird to me that they'd be shooting something just one day before the big show... I think she's walking

Tomorrow we'll know for sure ;)

but it's also weird to imply that they would have a special make up artist working JUST with her and he tweets JUST her? obviously something is off! and judging from maryna's habits and how excited she always is to walk... I don't think she will :( ah the maryna mystery. I care because she has the best walk, it's not like Poly is walking