Bellazon

Star Trek Into Darkness (2013)

Michael*

post-20523-0-1446121041-44213_thumb.jpg

Yep, that's going to be the title. :unsure:

http://trekmovie.com...itle-confirmed/

TrekMovie has confirmed with multiple sources that "Star Trek Into Darkness" has been selected as the title for the 2013 sequel to JJ Abrams’ Star Trek movie. This is a title that comes out of a long process of discussion amongst the creative team. As reported earlier, Paramount tested a number of titles for the film over the summer, including at least one title that did not include "Star Trek." Also noted in our earlier article, the title (by design) does not include a colon, like were used for the Next Generation films such as "Star Trek: First Contact" or "Star Trek: Nemesis."

While Paramount will not officially confirm the news, multiple sources have told TrekMovie this is the title they are going with as of now. It has also been reported by ComingSoon that Paramount has secured the domain names to both www.startrekintodarkness.com and www.startrekintodarknessmovie.com, neither of which has any content as yet.

As for the title itself, "Into Darkness" does not reveal anything specific about the plot. So for those who were hoping for "Star Trek Khan" or "The Revenge of Gary Mitchell" you are out of luck. However, "Into Darkness" certainly gives us a hint that this film could have a serious tone and perhaps darker theme than the 2009 Star Trek film. On the other hand the title is also evocative of Star Trek’s core mission of going into the “darkness” of space, to seek out new life and new civilizations. Of course the current Trek team often point to Christopher Nolan’s Batman trilogy as inspiration, with the second film in that series being titled "The Dark Knight" which itself had some very dark themes. Is this Trek sequel Star Trek’s "Dark Knight"? As that film grossed $1B world wide, I imagine Paramount is certainly hoping it is.

According to sources, the creative team are still working on how they will officially roll out this new title. The first acknowledgement will likely be made with some kind of visual treatment, either a type treatment for the title or possibly even a teaser poster or image. Indications are that this official roll out should be coming soon.

^ :heythere:

So I guess understandably, the plot details are being kept under wraps for now. It's confirmed though that Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto, Simon Pegg, John Cho and Anton Yelchin are all coming back (no word on Zoe Saldana or Karl Urban as of yet). And best of all, Benedict Cumberbatch is known to be playing the villain. :chicken:

That's a relief. :laugh: The article I read had me worried when it only mentioned the other five.

If they do decide to use Khan for this movie, I'd quite like to see him as a closer representation of what the nineties were actually like as opposed to what Gene Roddenberry predicted way back when. A coffee drinking Nirvana and X-Files fan with a goatee beard, maybe. :unsure:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

A rather cryptic plot synopsis posted recently by Paramount...

When the crew of the Enterprise is called back home, they find an unstoppable force of terror from within their own organisation has detonated the fleet and everything it stands for, leaving our world in a state of crisis. With a personal score to settle, Captain Kirk leads a manhunt to a war-zone world to capture a one-man weapon of mass destruction.

As our heroes are propelled into an epic chess game of life and death, love will be challenged, friendships will be torn apart, and sacrifices must be made for the only family Kirk has left: his crew.

Gary Mitchell then? :hehe:

I can't watch these 'announcements' :no:

http://trailers.appl...ekintodarkness/

Is there someone who can and can pretty please tell me if it's the same as the yt video above? ^^

And if not- what's new? :chicken:

Yeah, it looks the same to me. From what I understand, there's an 'announcement' trailer doing the rounds now and a 'full' trailer to be released on December 17th. :hehe: