Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio (GENERAL DISCUSSION)

no need to say how disapointed iam this morning , leo's performance was much better than this one who i won't name , im truly gutted , "did leo" is trending in twitter right now ; everybody want to know why he hasn't won lol , anyway he looked sad when it was annouced and in the VF party too :(

I love Leo and he's my absolute favorite actor :wub2: ... but I didn't really want him to win. Aside from Mathew's outstanding performance, I don't want Leo to win an oscar for a role that wasn't exactly his strongest. He gave so many great performances that I personally thought he shouldn't have gotten it for the one that wasn't his best (although I would have been seriously happy if he did. I really did love WoWS and his acting was impeccable ).

I don't know if I'm doing a good job explaining myself but anyways, hopefully next time Leo :gocho:.

I love Leo and he's my absolute favorite actor :wub2: ... but I didn't really want him to win. Aside from Mathew's outstanding performance, I don't want Leo to win an oscar for a role that wasn't exactly his strongest. He gave so many great performances that I personally thought he shouldn't have gotten it for the one that wasn't his best (although I would have been seriously happy if he did. I really did love WoWS and his acting was impeccable ).

I don't know if I'm doing a good job explaining myself but anyways, hopefully next time Leo :gocho:.

you spoke my mind! I actually liked more Leo's performance as Gatsby than in WoWS . But I think that Oscars like to see actors challenging more themselves .See Matthew ..he never did a role like that & the one Jared got was his stronghest character on screen.Maybe Leo need to found a  good character to win the Oscar.I think nowadays it's more like that..its more about the character you choose than the actor.himself.I don't know if i explained myself well :) 

^Yes I got your point and I agree. I also think Hollywood loves roles which require drastic physical transformations (Off the top of my head, I can think of Matthew's weight loss, Jared's weight loss along with playing a trans, Anne Hathaway's weight loss for les Misérables, Charlize Theron's weight gain for Monster in 2003, Hilary Swank's minimal weight loss (compared to the others) along with playing a trans in Boys don't Cry, Robert de Niro's weight gain in Raging Bull... And they all got an Oscar for that specific role. Then again, drastic physical transformations show a certain amount of dedication)

With or without an Oscar it doesn't change the fact that Leo has an amazing career. He is idolized and respected by many of the younger actors. He gets to chose his roles and work with the best directors and talent. He steers his own career... and will continue to do so. In addition, he has accomplished more than alot of Oscar winners, as was mentioned in the LA times " Leo deserves an Oscar, but he doesn't need one. " They mentioned because he has nothing to prove... and I wholeheartedly agree. Can't wait until all the Oscar talk dies down. :p That's probably my main reason for wanting him to have an Oscar just so people would stop whining about him not having one. :hehe: That's why I never laugh at the Oscar meme's... I just roll my eyes... it's just too played out now.

I don't think anyone thinks less of Leo's acting abilities because he didn't get an Oscar. Some of the best (and most well-paid :gocho: ) actors never did and might never do. He doesn't need one but it would definitely be nice, non?  :idk:

Either way Leo, keep on rocking  :dance:

PS: I remember him at one point say that after WoWS, he planned on taking a long break from acting. Tell me he changed his mind, please  :cry2:

^Well hes still technically on his break..he says hes waiting for the right project that catchs him and he wants to go forward with...hes got some rumored ones, none too guaranteed. The one that sounds most likely at these points is this Biopic with Jonah Hill, and The Devil In the White City.

And just my opinion of course, I actually thought Wolf was the strongest/best performance of his career!  

^Truthfully, I liked pretty much ALL of Leo's performances (even in the very beginning like This Boy's Life and What's Eating Gilbert Grape and for some unfathomable reason, I fell in love with him in The Beach even though I hated the movie) but in terms of character, WoWS wasn't the best for me.

But anyways, looking forward to any of his future projects  :wub2:

With or without an Oscar it doesn't change the fact that Leo has an amazing career. He is idolized and respected by many of the younger actors. He gets to chose his roles and work with the best directors and talent. He steers his own career... and will continue to do so. In addition, he has accomplished more than alot of Oscar winners, as was mentioned in the LA times " Leo deserves an Oscar, but he doesn't need one. " They mentioned because he has nothing to prove... and I wholeheartedly agree. 

:PinkCouture2:

I actually can't wait  to see Leo starting the movie The Devil in the White City! & might add ..Oscars like serial killer's story too ( Charlize Theron in Monster).I don't know why but I think that could be the right role for Leo  to finally win the Oscar..Never say never :)

^You mean Leo as a sick, twisted and handsome serial killer à la Ted Bundy? Would be interesting!

Just realized Leo gained 200 000 followers in a short time... dude is popular for someone as low key as he is and who doesn't tweet anything interesting :p

:swag:  :dance: