Bellazon

2013 SI Swimsuit

christine

If only I hadn't signed that lovely legal document at work, I would have been able to tell you about Kate B a while ago! But I made a friend post something about a rumor in here, so technically there was a hint for her (;

Loving the scans though, Emily D is probably my favorite rookie, even with all the press surrounding Hannah early on. The swimsuits they chose for her worked really well with the scenery/her skin and eyes.

BTW all the pictures from the magazine are in Gettyimages by Contour, unfortunetly the trick i used to have to get the pictures untagged does not work with Contour anymore so if someone is able to get the pictures would be great

well i thank you both VERY much for your hard work scanning the magazine and providing the rest of us with all the pics. much much appreciation!!

the issue itself, though.... i just feel like they've lost SO much of the exotic, mysterious sensuality of the magazine as it was years ago. i mean -- ENDLESS pics from the thighs up?! it might as well be a cheap Maxim shoot or any swimsuit catalogue photoshoot. the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue is supposed to be THE most significant magazine of it's kind each year. and yet the photography in this issue feels utterly lackluster. it hasn't been all that good for years, if i'm honest - but each year i come back to check it out in hopes that it gets better!

think back to the amazing location pics of Laetitia Casta and Rebecca Romijn in Africa. Or of Karen Mulder in the south of France. or Sarah O'Hare in all her gorgeous bronzed glory just subtly covered in sand. or Heidi Klum in Argentina, or Stacey Williams in Mexico. I mean, those are the first examples popping into my head, but none of them are all that long ago. and the photography then felt like it was SO much more significant than now.

i am disappointed. i don't even fault the models; most of the women they selected are absurdly beautiful, with gorgeous healthy bodies that are perfect for showing off bikinis. it's the photographers. it all just looks so ... TIRED. so DONE. and leaves me feeling decidedly OVER IT.

if i were in charge i'd fire all of them. i'd look for photographers that can actually set a tone, set a mood for a shoot. photographers that can get something real and raw and natural and powerful instead of this cheap looking catalogue shit.

huh? She's Portuguese/Chinese and she is from Australia.

oh,

, I think I need to subscribe.

I missed some of the fun yesterday. I stopped reading when the scans were posted because I haven't gotten the mag yet and I want to see the pics for the first time in it.

When I first went to the swimsuit model index I saw that Kate had 29 pics and now she has 28 pics. I think this is the missing one. A lower quality version was previously posted. Maybe she had them get rid of the pic because she thought she looked stupid. I think she looks pretty.

I like all the ass this year in the outtakes(I still want more). But none for Gen, that's a shame.

Gen looks like a bombshell in this one. But if you are going to photoshop out anything SI, how about the fact that it looks like she is peeing.

I'm going to write some fan fiction based on this one. I'm gonna have a gun!

And let us praise Kate. She didn't have to do body paint. But she did it and it was epic!

625498267_kate_21_122_426lo.jpg 13_anne-v_04.jpg 13_jessica-gomes_20.jpg