Bellazon

Doutzen Kroes
Thumbnail

azkid

She was at DNA's offices today so hopefully they'll actively pursue new contracts for her, rather than sitting back and waiting for brands to approach them (which is what I suspect has been happening the past few months).

It was a quick visit

Probably something like this:

Hello lovely agents :wub:

I am still here/alive :Angel: ... Where's my work ? No new jobs? Ok see you next time .. bye :heart:

Or maybe she showed them her new haircut/slightly shorter

She turned into a commercial model instead of a allround model with great high fashion & commercial work

Her High Fashion carreer is kinda dead/very low at this point

Perhaps her agency is waiting for the right moment to make her International Vogue debut on 1 of the big 4 (A-list) Vogue covers (US-UK-ITALIA-PARIS) instead of making her debut on B/C-list Vogue overs

Ā 

She was at DNA's offices today so hopefully they'll actively pursue new contracts for her, rather than sitting back and waiting for brands to approach them (which is what I suspect has been happening the past few months).

It was a quick visit

I am still here/alive :Angel: ... Where's my work ? No new jobs? Ok see you next time .. bye :heart:

She turned into a commercial model instead of a allround model with great high fashion & commercial work

Perhaps her agency is waiting for the right moment to make her International Vogue debut on 1 of the big 4 (A-list) Vogue covers (US-UK-ITALIA-PARIS) instead of making her debut on B/C-list Vogue overs

Ā 

Ā 

oh hollander :nicole:. You don't have to be so damn funny everytime you post on here.

Ā 

It was a quick visit

Ā 

Well i love Doutzen a lot but she's neverĀ  been an high fashion supermodel.. her career has always been more commercial than high fashion.. Yes she started as an high fashion model but since she signed with Victoria's Secret she neverĀ or rarely worked for high fashion.. I mean from 2007 to 2011 she only had commercial covers and never huge ones.. her biggest year was 2012 but you all know commercial models got their pick and right after they start to slow down again.. just look at Adriana.. last year she was everywhere and this year she covered just Vogue Mexico.. Doutzen isn't Gisele who has been both commercial and high fashion.. i think it's a fact.. what she's doing right now is what she did since she had her VS contract.. only 2012 to be honest was an high fashion year for Doutzen.

I'm not saying bad things.. i love Doutzen but i think she will do great again but she's not known as an high fashion supermodel. she never had the support of the likes of Emmanuelle Alt, Edward Enninful or Anna Wintour, yes few eds here and there but she doesn't have the connections in the high fashion world like Daria W, Raquel, Mariacarla, Natasha, or Natalia... she's a queen in the commercial world.. probably the biggest one.. L'Oreal + Victoria's Secret (yes she's done with them), Tiffany, and all her others contracts are insane..

In order to never slow down in high fashion you need someone loyal to you and someone like Doutzen doesn't have it.. same with Adriana who did it amazing last year. She had Vogue Paris last year, true.. but Emmanuelle isn't a fan of her.. and i doubt she will cover VP again.. Daria got the support of Emmanuelle Alt, M&M, I&V, Edward Enninful, and almost everyone in the industry.. Who really support Doutzen so much? Which editor or photographer? No one come to my mind.. this is why i think girls like Adriana, Doutzen, Miranda Kerr, Rosie, Irina etc can have their pick with huge jobs but never have the longevity to mantain their level in the high fashion world.. it's like thinking someone like Mariacarla or Natasha could be on the cover of Sport Illustrated..

Ā 

I believe Doutzen is quite underrated.. i think she's versatile.. not too much but there are many models considered versatile and they're not (my opinion) but that's the industry. I hope though to see Doutzen having a great 2016.. with big surprises for us.. i was glad to read she left VS.

I kinda get what you mean ;)
She indeed does not have the support of the big names in fashion like some other models (Gisele, Kate, Natasha, Lara, Daria, Karlie, Natalia & Mariacarla)

But u said she's never been a high fashion supermodel & only 2012 been a high fashion year for her is just bullshit because she hit the high fashion scene with major things ... also in 2005/2006/2007/2013
Doutzen, Daria W & Gemma W where the it girls everyone talked about (The top 3 on models.com)
-------------------------------------------------------------
2005 Campaigns

Ā 

Spring Summer 2005

Mexx
Tommy Hilfiger
Zara

Ā 

Fall Winter 2005
Dolce & Gabbana
Gucci Cruise
Guerlain: Guerlain KissKiss & Guerlain Fairy Winter
Hugo by Hugo Boss
Neiman Marcus
RMK
Saks Fifth Avenue
Scapa
Schwarzkopf
Time
Valentino

2005 Covers
2005-02 Vogue Italia

2005-03 Vogue Portugal (reprint Vogue US editorial)

2005-05 NumĆ©ro FranceĀ 
2005-08 Vogue Japan

2005-09 Telegraph Fashion UK
2005-12 W jewelry US

* Doutzen won "Model of The Year 2005" on Vogue.com by readers

---------------------------------------------------------
2006 Campaigns

Spring Summer 2006
Calvin Klein (second line)
Calvin Klein Eternity
Dolce & Gabbana
Epoca
Freemans
Guerlain: KissKiss maxi shine
La Senza
L'OrƩal (April 2006 contract)
Neiman Marcus
Saks Fifth Avenue
Valentino
Zeki swimwear

Fall Winter 2006
Bloomingdales
Eblin
Epoca
Escada
Calvin Klein Eternity
Calvin Klein White Label
H&M
L'OrƩal
Neiman Marcus
Next
Peek & Cloppenburg

2006 Covers
2006-01 Vogue Germany
2006-02 NumƩro France
2006-03 Dazed & Confused UK
2006-07 Vogue China

2006-09 Time US (supplement)
2006-09 Elle France
2006-11 Vogue Japan
2006-12 Vogue Germany

---------------------------------------------
2007 Campaigns

Spring Summer 2007
Calvin Klein Eternity
Calvin Klein White Label
LE Souk
L'OrƩal
Peek & Cloppenburg
Superfine jeans
Versace (men)
VictoriaĀ“s Secret

Fall Winter 2007
Calvin Klein Eternity
De Beers
G2000
Gianfranco FerrƩ
H&M catalog
L'OrƩal
Pronovias
VictoriaĀ“s Secret
+ Probably a Nine & Co campaign because it's confirmed by a couple of peope but the photos never got scanned

2007 Covers
2007-02 Vogue Paris
2007-05 Vogue US

2007-06 Vogue Japan
2007-07 Vogue China
2007-07 Vogue Portugal (reprint Vogue US editorial)
2007-07 Vogue Taiwan (reprint Vogue US cover)

2007-09 Harpers Bazaar US great style bookĀ 
2007-11 Elle France
2007-11 W Korea

-------------------------------------------------
2013 Campaigns

Spring Summer 2013

Bruno Magli
H&MĀ 
L'OrƩal
Miu Miu
Repeat cashmere
Tiffany & Co
VictoriaĀ“s Secret

Fall Winter 2013
Emillio Pucci
H&M (Winter + Holiday)
Katie Grand loves Hogan
L'OrƩal
MOAM collective
Repeat Cashmere
Samsung mobile NL
VictoriaĀ“s Secret

2013 Covers
2013-03 Vogue Germany
2013-03 Vogue Korea
2013-04 Vogue Japan
2013-06 Vogue Netherlands (reprint Vogue UK editorial)
2013-09 Vogue China
2013-09 Vogue Espana
2013-09 Vogue Italia
2013-09 Vogue Netherlands

2013-09 Elle France
2013-09 Telegraph Fashion UK
2013-12 Sunday Times Style UK

@hollander this is what i said.. She stared as an high fashion model but since she signed with Victoria's Secret she disappeared from the high fashion world.. from 2008 to 2011 she didn't nothing. Miu Miu was shot in 2012 and it's when her pick started. It's a mix of things, maybe if she didn't sign with VS things would have been different, it's not her fault, Karolina Kurkova was even bigger than Doutzen in the high fashion world prior to VS but when she signed a contract with them she disappeared, yes it could be their choice but look at Karolina's career now that would do everything to get back where she was before VS. It's the industry that thinks like that, when you're a VS model you have small occasions to do high fashion, Gisele is the only exception. Also Candice had a great 2011, with Versace campaigns, a Vogue Italia cover, editorials everywhere from Vogue US and Italia and then what? She didn't anything significant till this year with Givenchy. Their issues is that they have their season where they're HOOOOOT but then they get back where they were before. It happened with all the VS girls (Adriana, Candice, Karolina (in 2011 she had a great year and then nothing), Miranda Kerr (Vogue Italia September 2010, Prada.. where's she now?), Rosie HW (She never make it too big but she covered British Vogue and Love but nothing big these days).. now it's seems Lily Aldridge moment but do you think she will last? Of course no.. she can maybe cover Vogue Paris but she's not under Emmanuelle's favourite girls, she can use them once.. that is all..

Ā 

Plus i don't think it's DNA's fault.. they got Natalia Vodianova and look at how many covers she had last year.. i don't think agencies are the solution of the success.. i think it works like that at the beginning.. but when you're famous the connections are what really matters.. IMG and Women don't have to work that much for having Vogue Paris covers.. do you think it's IMG and Women that put out there Kate, Daria, Lara, Gisele, Natasha and Anna on Vogue Paris all the time? It's Emmanuelle that ask for them all the time. it's a rotations of these girls simply because Emmanuelle wants them.

Same with Edward using always the same ladies (Kate, Lara, Anna and Daria). it works like that..

I hope my posts doesn't sounds rude because it wasn't my intention. Doutzen is actually one of my favourite models but i think you're hoping something that can't happen so easy.. but i wish it would..

Jac (new VS model) was a good high fashion model.. now that she signed with VS no way she will work in the high fashion market.. not anymore.. but she slowed down prior to VS tbh.

She's never been a very skinny stick but around 2008 or 2009 she gained weight and she became too chubby/big /muscular for high fashion
(Sounds kinda harsh buts its true)
Thats the reason why she did not do much in high fashion during 2008-2011
Also because back in that time (around 2002/2003-2010/2011) models could not do high fashion & commercial work
They had to choose: high fashion or commercial

Although S/S 2010 was also nice for her
In the beginning of 2010 she did a HF campaign (Blumarine) & walking exclusive for Prada but she got pregnant

After giving birth to her son in January 2011 she had her good old body back just like in 2005/06/07
After giving birth in 2011 her body is never been a problem anymore
After that she/her agency started working on her comeback

i get your point but if you were right at this point she would have already snagged covers here and there.. but she didn't.. but i'm sure something will happen. i think she can get Givenchy this season..

And reading all this i sound rude but it's not like that.. i try to be objective.. for example as a Natasha's fan i have dreams.. like a cover of Vogue Italia, British Vogue or W Magazine, but i know it won't happen, or even some huge commercials things like a Calvin Klein fragrance and stuff like that.. but i know it's not easy.. every model has different careers. this is why Gisele is the only supermodel of this generation for me.. because she has everything a model need.. she got the high fashion career (i mean she did everything).. support from everyone and she's also very commercial.. no one never had a career like her.. maybe Cindy Crawford.. but she never had huge campaigns like Gisele.. and the others i consider supermodels are Daria W.. (her career is even more blue chip than Gisele if you ask me) but she lacks the fame and some commercials jobs.. and Natalia.. another huge model.. which got an impeccable career.. Natalia has everything.. she had Calvin Klein for years.. and she still got Calvin Klein Euphoria.. and all her amazing covers.. plus she's designing for Etam for years..

What i'm saying is that every other model is huge but has something missing.. Doutzen, Adriana, Candice etc they're huge commercials models but they don't have the big high fashion career and girls like Raquel, Lara, Natasha, Mariacarla etc.. powerful women in high fashion but without fame, and commercial jobs that makes the difference.. and for commercial i mean big tv screen.. big exposure on television.. this is why i feel Gisele IS THE LAST SUPERMODEL.. all these others girls are top models for me. just Daria and Natalia for me are close to that title but i would call them supermodels because btw they got a career that is a dream.. impeccable!!