Bellazon

Doutzen Kroes
Thumbnail

azkid

BLOG FROM VOGUE ITALIA WEBSITE ABOUT DOUTZEN - SEPTEMBER 7, 2015

“Supermodels will never come back”. Like those who were popular in the 80s and 90s, to be clear. Something we often hear when people talk about fashion. Because fashion lovers, sometimes, like to look to the past. Maybe the time of models outclassing actresses has gone, but there is always an exception: in this case it comes from Holland, and it’s called Doutzen Kroes, an athletic blonde withes blue eyes, born in 1985 in Eastermar.

Doutzen’s story of is a highly successful one, in the vein of the glorious times of the supermodels. Steven Meisel shot her first cover, for the February issue of Vogue Italia. The start of the 2000s was not easy for an emerging model like Kroes. At that time models were usually very thin, unripe, young so that they did not “overshadow” the designers’ creations. She is no ordinary beauty, she is thin yet athletic and her face is highly recognizable thanks to those “pouty lips” that have become her trademark. In those years she walked runways for many fashion designers, but not for all of them. She did walk for Dior, Oscar de la Renta, Dolce & Gabbana, Roberto Cavalli and Yves Saint Laurent, but Doutzen Kroes’ strong point was not the number of shows she did, but the ability to land prestigious campaigns.

The first assignment came in 2005 when she replaced Christy Turlington as the face of the “Eternity” fragrance by Calvin Klein. Another decisive step was the deal she signed in 2006 with beauty giant L’Oréal, a collaboration that still continues today. And, of course, the athletic body of the Dutch model could not go unnoticed, and the bosses of Victoria’s Secret saw her as a new perfect “angel” to represent the world’s most famous lingerie brand. These important assignments alongside the covers for magazines such as Time, Elle, Vanity Fair, the most prestigious editions of Vogue and campaigns for Tiffany, Miu Miu, Gucci and H&M, consolidated her supermodel status and for many she is simply “Doutzen”. A name that has become a symbol of a sexy, sporty and healthy beauty.

Her popularity is also reflected in the social networks: her Instagram profile has over three million followers. Her private life has been also very rewarding; she is married to DJ Sunnery James and the couple have two children, Phyllon and Myllena. Her success seems unstoppable. Although in 2014 she left Victoria’s Secret the top model is still collaborating with fashion giant Calvin Klein, she recently closed the Atelier Versace F/W 2015 show in Paris and she is the new face of Mercedes Benz, the sponsor of all the leading fashion weeks. We are not in the 90s any more, many things have changed: our lifestyle and the media, for instance, yet the fashion industry will always be looking for a new icon to globally represent our aesthetic and cultural evolution. Doutzen Kroes is a case in point.

Vogue.it
-------------------------------------
Sweet ... hopefully a Vogue Italia cover soon :heart:

Nuit Jeux Lingerie

Luxury lingerie for confident women 

Brand launching in 2016

H2OedKAm.jpg

Instagram nuitjeux_lingerie Hello lovers Welcome to #nuitjeuxlingerie's new Instagram page. While we're putting the finishing touches on our brand we'd like to invite you to follow this page where you'll find a carefully curated account dedicated to the beauty of the female form AND in the very near future sneak peaks of the brand itself #comingsoonin2016 (PH @doutzenkroes, source unknown)

------------------------------------------------------

The preview is awesome  :heart:

* Last few months I starting to think "the other lingerie companies" she talked about on Dutch tv was just a lie  :blush: Luckily I was wrong! :Angel:

So let me get this straight, this new lingerie "brand" is using Doutzen's photo from an unknown source?

wut?

THAT'S NOT EVEN DOUTZEN YOU IMBECILES!

THAT'S AMBER HEARD!

post-84741-0-1446080282-62249_thumb.jpg

just to make it clear, imbeciles part is aimed at this "brand" not anyone on BZ. :flower:

I dont see her having bigger success now at all.

Her carreer is on low key for a whole year now BUT hopefully now that she is back in NY & her son is going to school in NY it might change.

More fashion campaigns, covers, editorials etc. & hopefully some big runway shows.

it s hard to get vogue covers but for bigger impact vogue paris vogue italy more european issues that will be available to buy. i adore the vogue nl editorial but not i couldnt buy it.And i agree with you but if you remember in the interview about why she left vs she said she was offed more lucrative  deal here and she wont have to travel a lot.