Bellazon

Doutzen Kroes
Thumbnail

azkid

Dutch Grazia Interview excerpt
(translation by me)

Doutzen Kroes celebrates 10 year anniversary

In 2003 she started her dream career and now she is already ten years at the top . Doutzen Kroes (28) talks exclusively to Grazia about her anniversary , family life and her doubts about the future.

"I would never have seized my chance"
It started a lot less glamorous . For her first job Doutzen got only  900. " I jumped for joy," laughs Doutzen . " Now I find that a very low amount. But then: a fortune!".  Soon Doutzen ended up in New York , but this was a tedious and lonely period  . " The model apartment was hell. I felt like a mouse in the big city . I was so full of self pity . Without the support of Paparazzi (her agency) I would have quit and gone home with the first available flight . I  would never have seized my chance . "

"I 'm a typical nagging wife"
Meanwhile, Doutzen is a Victoria's Angel and is, for a long time, on the lists of the highest paid models in the world, . Also in her private life, model is happy with her ​​husband Sunnery and her 2 - year-old son Phyllon , though Doutzen indicates that she is not always as  'nice and sweet' as people think. "I can really be a huge hag . Ask Sunnery ;  I 'm a typical nagging wife . I don't want to be , but that is what I am."

Difficult choices for Doutzen
And what about a brother or sister for Phyllon ? "Sure, we do want that . But  right now I think : This is not the right time. " The coincidence of both private and work happiness means Doutzen will have  to make some difficult choices, like:  Where are they going to settle down? "Because Phyllon will soon be going to school, I think it's important that we choose a place . I think it's scary to think about the future . Who knows where we are going to end up." 

Fries
"Since the birth of Phyllon I have kind of lost my sweet tooth, instead I've been all about the chips, fries and  other salty snacks. That's exactly why I no longer go out for dinner with Sunnery. Beacause we always end up ordering fries and I can never resist those.  But the fact that I am a Victoria's Secret angel fact does not mean that I  can never eat fries. You just need to be aware of portion size and a diverse diet. "

Healthy lifestyle
The birth of Phyllon helped the topmodel in maintaining a healthy lifestyle. "I eat very healthy along with Phyllon. He eats oatmeal for breakfast and I eat that too. The average Dutch person eats bread for breakfast and lunch, and potatoes for dinner. I was raised with quinoa, rice and buckwheat. I can really enjoy a cracker with avocado and salt and pepper, but after the VS Fashion Show I'll go get fries, haha​​. "