PinkCouture

post-1004-0-1446162668-76512_thumb.jpg

post-1004-0-1446162668-77298_thumb.jpg

post-1004-0-1446162668-7882_thumb.jpg

post-1004-0-1446162668-81189_thumb.jpg

post-1004-0-1446162668-82346_thumb.jpg

post-1004-0-1446162668-83123_thumb.jpg

post-1004-0-1446162668-83698_thumb.jpg

This is supposed to be Ale's outfit. Apparently the wings weight 22 pounds WOW!.

Mermaids on swings... interesting

nothingless @tfs

The Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show by the Numbers

The Victoria’s Secret fashion show is set to air November 29 (and is being shot tomorrow) and as we’ve come to expect, will be an expensive display of wings, supermodels, performances and more.

According to WWD, preparations for the event are a year-long affair. Every detail is thought out from costume inspiration (“global cultures and vintage films to Impressionist painters and looks on the ready-to-wear runways in Paris, Milan and New York”), musical guests (Kanye West, Maroon 5 and Cee Lo Green or Nicki Minaj?), model casting and, of course, designing the costumes themselves. The costumes are handcrafted by artisans under the guidance of the show’s lead creators Todd Thomas and Sophia Neophitou-Apostolou.

Click through for what all of this has come down to by the numbers, including the number of these handcrafted costumes, record number of new models, the budget for the show and more:

Budget for the Show in dollars: 12 million

Swarovski Elements used: 2 million

Costumes: 69

Sets of Angel wings: 31

Total models: 38

Newcomers to the show: 15

Themes for the show: 6 (Ballet, Super Angels, Passion Play, Angels Aquatic, I Put a Spell on You and Club Pink)

Weight in pounds of Passion Play Fan Wings: 22

Days Adriana Lima has abstained from solid foods: 9

I don't like the Superhero outfit because it's too much fabric, but other than that it looks good. Her other outfit it's perfect though, lingerie & simple cute wings just the way i love it :heart:

& Pretty, Lindsay got wings in Country Girls last year so this is her second time

Love Linsay's outfits! Erin's less, I dont' like the outfits of super models, but it's only personal taste, I must admit that they fits perfectly with the segment :yes:

And the other details are just fantastic :drool:

But...if there are 15 newcomers, and we counted only 12 (if I'm wrong, correct me please :p), who are the others?

& Pretty, Lindsay got wings in Country Girls last year so this is her second time
And there were also the drape-butterfly-ish-type wings from the '07 finale, although they probably don't count...

Models with 2 pairs of wings in one show

1999: Laetitia Casta

2003: Adriana Lima

2009: Doutzen Kroes, Alessandra Ambrosio (if you count those post-36478-0-1446162683-92466_thumb.png-post-36478-0-1446162683-93341_thumb.png as wings), Miranda Kerr (if you count those post-36478-0-1446162683-94085_thumb.png as wings)

2010: Adriana Lima, Lais Ribeiro, Chanel Iman

2011: so far Adriana Lima, Candice Swanepoel, Lindsay Ellingson

Also, yay! :ddr: I can't wait to see the meltdowns on TFS about forgettable Lindsay getting two pairs of wings.

Adriana didn't have two pairs of wings last year. Those red skull shoulder pads do not count as wings in my book, and her Game On outfit had a cape.

Ale's Victorian collar, Miranda's shoulder pads, and Doutzen's finale cape from 2009 don't count as wings to me either.

I can't see a second pair of wings for Adriana this year either. Her Superhero outfit is a cape, her red and black outfit doesn't have one either. The only wings I see are for the purple outfit.

Adriana didn't have two pairs of wings last year. Those red skull shoulder pads do not count as wings in my book, and her Game On outfit had a cape.

Ale's Victorian collar, Miranda's shoulder pads, and Doutzen's finale cape from 2009 don't count as wings to me either.

I can't see a second pair of wings for Adriana this year either. Her Superhero outfit is a cape, her red and black outfit doesn't have one either. The only wings I see are for the purple outfit.

There was a video last year that counted those two as wings.. :yuckky:

And I thought the stuff behind Adriana's red and black outfit looked like crappy wings.

There was a video last year that counted those two as wings.. :yuckky:

I didn't know VS considered the football cape to be wings. They're majorly stretching it with that.

If that's the case, then they probably consider Doutzen having two pairs of wings this year too: the white ones for the ballet segment and her mantilla wings for Passion Play.