Bellazon

Tyra Banks
Thumbnail

dcrim

here's one blurb about the new show:

"Sexy supermodel TYRA BANKS is shunning the opportunity to interview her fellow celebrities on her upcoming talk show, preferring instead to focus on everyday people.

The curvaceous catwalk beauty recently signed a deal with TELEPICTURES to host her own daytime show, which will be co-produced by JENNIFER LOPEZ's former manager BENNY MEDINA.

And when it debuts in the autumn of next year (05), she promises it won't be a star-studded affair.

She says, "It's not celebrity-driven at all. It's more about human interest and women's issues for the young generation."

Banks adds that the show will focus on such issues as dating, body image, self-esteem, divorce and children. "

ANOTHER:

" She created and hosts the gayest show on television -- what else but UPN's "America's Next Top Model"?

But that was only the beginning for Victoria's Secret model-turned-media-mogul Tyra Banks. Now she wants to be inside your home every weekday.

Warner Bros. Domestic TV is excited about this prospect, too, and it has just started selling Banks' new five-a-week syndicated talk show, the eponymous "Tyra Banks Show," to regional outlets.

So far Denver, San Diego, Spokane and Portland, Ore., are committed, and deals are being negotiated with Disney, Viacom and Tribune Broadcasting.

If all goes as planned, Banks will soon go head-to-head with Oprah and Ellen. Hope she has better luck with ratings than Tony Danza. Or Jane Pauley. Or Tempest Bledsoe. Or Dr. Laura. Or (fill in the blank)."

ONE MORE:

"Many people have been wondering who in the world could fill the shoes of the jigged out Oprah Winfrey. The Katz Television Group Programming seems to think Tyra Banks is the Cinderella of her generation.

Tyra, who is launching the Tyra Banks Show this coming fall is opting for a less fashion focused show and is targeting topic driven discussions as the premise for her show.

"Early indications were that the series would have less emphasis on fashion and be patterned after The Oprah Winfrey Show, where Tyra has been a frequent guest," says Bill Caroll.

Millions probably already feel before the show's launch that Tyra will end up among the ranks of Queen Latifah, Tempest Bledsoe and Ananda Lewis. The Katz Television Group plan to ensure Tyra's success by offering her show at traditional day times for certain demographics and then place her show in the Ricki Lake non traditional time slot for the non traditional WB stations.

Either way, Tyra if America's Next Top Model is a indication of her success and vision, then she may just have a better than average chance in the already overcrowded landscape. Her celebrity status won't hurt either."

AND HERE'S SOME NEWS ON HER SINGING CAREER AS WELL:

"Supermodel TYRA BANKS still plans to embark on a singing career - but it will take a backseat to her talk show duties.

The catwalk beauty released her first single, SHAKE YOUR BODY, early last year (04), and had planned to follow it up with a debut album, which has now been put on hold as she expands her TV career.

She says, "I have a talk show in the works, so we're trying to figure out the timing of the music and how to blend the two.

"I just did a beautiful song with WYCLEF (JEAN) and one with RODNEY JERKINS."

AND HERE'S ONE FROM 6 HOURS AGO:

"Tyra Banks' new talk show got the green light this week for a fall launch with news that the show has been sold to the Fox Television Stations group.

Warner Bros. Domestic Television Distribution, which is distributing The Tyra Banks Show, held a news conference to announce that the talker is set to run on 19 of the 25 Fox stations in such major markets as New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Boston, Dallas and Washington.

These additions to such previously announced clearances as Denver and San Diego mean the series is cleared in more than 70 percent of the country.

Jim Paratore, executive vice president at WBDTD and president of Telepictures Prods., said the show is going to be ``different and out of the box,'' adding that it will primarily target women ages 25-35.

``Tyra will give a fresh voice to daytime TV for a new generation of women,'' he said. ``This is a targeted long-term play for us.''

Banks was on hand to discuss her plans for the show.

While there will be celebrity guests, ``I don't want it to be extremely celebrity heavy,'' Banks said. ``I want the focus to be on real issues affecting women today.''

Woah, HappyCanadian! Thanks for all those articles!! very interesting...i didn't hear much regarding her show or her debut album, but her doing a duet with wyclef should sound sweet :) did her "shake ya body" song even get on the billboard charts??? i thought it was a hott track!?

Thanks again

Woah, HappyCanadian! Thanks for all those articles!! very interesting...i didn't hear much regarding her show or her debut album, but her doing a duet with wyclef should sound sweet :) did her "shake ya body" song even get on the billboard charts??? i thought it was a hott track!?

Thanks again

you're welcome! :)

her track "shake ya body" did not track on the billboard charts, but that's because it wasn't officially released as a single. and i agree that a track with wyclef should be hot HOT HOTTT!! i'm hoping its in the same vibe as the wyclef track with whitney houston, "My Love Is Your Love". that was a great track with a real soul groove. plus it wasn't tooo vocally challenging, so i'm sure tyra could handle something similar!

• 2 weeks later...

starlightvoyager,

the reason why its so difficult to find tyra pics from 2004-2005 is because she really didn't do many photoshoots. i mean, she didn't do a single editorial, the only campaigns she did for VS were the "It" bra one and then the latest body by victoria series. . . and those pics are on here. other than that, she was mainly focused on her show. but if you look on http://www.gettyimages.com click on "editorial - entertainment" and then type tyra banks in the search bar, you will see a bunch of candid photos from the past year.

hopefully this helps

i'll post some more pics soon

Just a quick headline from MTV.....

50's Next Date: Jennifer Aniston, Tyra Banks, Paris Hilton?

Just in time for Valentine's Day, 50 Cent is opening his candy shop to some of the most beautiful women in Hollywood.

The always unabashed MC just dropped another freestyle to the streets, and this one has the G-Unit captain laying down his automatic weapons and picking up Cupid's bow, name-checking a plethora of big-screen dimes he wouldn't mind getting with.

"I don't sugarcoat sh--, I'm as real as it gets," he raps on a freestyle that has been labeled both "Good to Me" and "If This World Was Mine" on mixtapes. 50 jacks the beat from Tweet's "Turn Da Lights Off," produced by Kwame.

A little later 50 goes in for the kill and starts calling out the ladies.

"Malinda Williams, she's a sexy little thing/ I'd give my right hand for just one night with Regina King/ Elise Neal got the best legs and hips/ Angelina Jolie got the sexiest lips."

As the record closes out, 50 talks about meeting Penélope Cruz at a Golden Globes party, encourages Paris Hilton to holler at him so they can have lunch, shouts out the likes of Tara Reid and openly expresses joy that Jennifer Aniston and Brad Pitt have called it quits. The lady 50 gives the most props to is Tyra Banks, whom he says gets the award for best breasts in the game.

Of course, going out with high-profile actresses is nothing new for 50. In 2003 he and Vivica A. Fox ignited more than a little gossip when they showed up together at the MTV Video Music Awards. The two parted ways a short while later, and Vivica has since publicly denounced her onetime companion, calling him immature and voicing disdain for the fact that he's mentioned her in his rhymes.

50 obviously likes all the ladies, but which one do you think makes the best match for him? Vote in our MTV News poll. [ http://www.mtv.com/news/polls/news_extra/ ] :)

Just a quick headline from MTV.....

50's Next Date: Jennifer Aniston, Tyra Banks, Paris Hilton?

Just in time for Valentine's Day, 50 Cent is opening his candy shop to some of the most beautiful women in Hollywood.

The always unabashed MC just dropped another freestyle to the streets, and this one has the G-Unit captain laying down his automatic weapons and picking up Cupid's bow, name-checking a plethora of big-screen dimes he wouldn't mind getting with.

"I don't sugarcoat sh--, I'm as real as it gets," he raps on a freestyle that has been labeled both "Good to Me" and "If This World Was Mine" on mixtapes. 50 jacks the beat from Tweet's "Turn Da Lights Off," produced by Kwame.

A little later 50 goes in for the kill and starts calling out the ladies.

"Malinda Williams, she's a sexy little thing/ I'd give my right hand for just one night with Regina King/ Elise Neal got the best legs and hips/ Angelina Jolie got the sexiest lips."

As the record closes out, 50 talks about meeting Penélope Cruz at a Golden Globes party, encourages Paris Hilton to holler at him so they can have lunch, shouts out the likes of Tara Reid and openly expresses joy that Jennifer Aniston and Brad Pitt have called it quits. The lady 50 gives the most props to is Tyra Banks, whom he says gets the award for best breasts in the game.

Of course, going out with high-profile actresses is nothing new for 50. In 2003 he and Vivica A. Fox ignited more than a little gossip when they showed up together at the MTV Video Music Awards. The two parted ways a short while later, and Vivica has since publicly denounced her onetime companion, calling him immature and voicing disdain for the fact that he's mentioned her in his rhymes.

50 obviously likes all the ladies, but which one do you think makes the best match for him? Vote in our MTV News poll. [ http://www.mtv.com/news/polls/news_extra/ ]   :)

if tyra dates that trash talking stupid ghetto thug, i will LOSE MY SHIT.