Bellazon

Kate Moss
Thumbnail

seshiru

2006/06/27

Burberry gathers Moss

Kate Moss has become the new face of Burberry - nine months after its bosses dropped her.

The British fashion house was quick to distance itself from the supermodel last year, after pictures showing her snorting cocaine were published.

Moss has now been reunited with Burberry and will front the 2006 autumn/winter campaign for the label.

The advertisement - shot by one of Princess Diana's favourite photographers Mario Testino - shows the catwalk beauty dressed in a white lace trench coat standing defiantly in front of a trio of models.

However, anti-drug campaigners have been critical about the label's willingness to forgive the shamed model.

Peter Stoker, director of the Drug Prevention Alliance, told Britain's Daily Mail newspaper: "Burberry could have publicly said that what Kate Moss did had influenced an awful lot of people and she should straighten up her act, whereas instead they are trivialising the impact of drug use."

Burberry was not the only company to cancel planned projects with the supermodel following her cocaine scandal.

H+M and Roberto Cavalli both ditched Moss, temporarily sending her career into freefall.

However, Burberry, famous for its check motif, was careful not to sever all ties, and invited her to their 150th birthday celebration earlier this year.

Kate Moss back with Burberry.

Kate Moss has been welcomed back into the Burberry fold, nine months after she was dumped by the label.

The 32 year old supermodel stars in a new advertising campaign for the autumn winter 2006/2007 collections.

Moss appears in the campaign wearing a sixties style lace coat, alongside model Stella Tennant, Tennant

post-4034-1151672751_thumb.jpg

oh man!!! kate still rocks!!! look at all those ad campaigns..those companies that supposedly boycotted her must have realized what a loss it would be without kate that's why they're wanting her back..yey!!! go kate!!

I like Kate. I generally like her work but i'm beginning to think she's over-rated. Those Dior pics are hideous (her face is so wrong in those pics !), same with LV, and eventhough i like her CK and burberry pics it's the same old shit she used to do for them years ago... boring. I love the Versace pics though, i like all the models they chose and kate looks good :p

I like Kate. I generally like her work but i'm beginning to think she's over-rated. Those Dior pics are hideous (her face is so wrong in those pics !), same with LV, and eventhough i like her CK and burberry pics it's the same old shit she used to do for them years ago... boring. I love the Versace pics though, i like all the models they chose and kate looks good :p

Agreed.

I don't like Versace either though...but mostly because I want to know what the hell they did to Christy Turlington's lips and hair :blink: