Bellazon

Marisa Miller
Thumbnail

bar none

^ :hug:

Supermodel Marisa Miller takes courtside visit to Vols

By Bryan Mullen • THE TENNESSEAN • January 29, 2009

KNOXVILLE — Some special guests have attended Tennessee men's basketball games through the years. This time, however, there was a super special one.

Supermodel Marisa Miller and her Hollywood producer husband, Griffin Guess, attended UT's game on Wednesday. Miller is the cover model of the 2008 Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue as well as a Victoria's Secret Angel. She was No. 1 on Maxim magazine's Hot 100 list of 2008.

Guess is a music producer and has worked with dozens of major artists, including Eminem, Metallica, 50 Cent, Green Day and Kanye West.

Guess and UT freshman forward Emmanuel Negedu became friends when Guess spoke at a function at Brewster Academy last year. Guess is a graduate of the New Hampshire private school where Negedu attended. Guess quickly became fascinated with Negedu's story of Nigerian emigration. Since then, Guess, Miller and Negedu have remained close.

"The timing worked out right. It's cool," Miller said. "We don't take a lot of personal trips because there is so much business. Emmanuel, he is such a great kid. We love spending time with him."

The couple got their money's worth despite UT's loss. Negedu scored a career-high 11 points, made all six free-throw attempts, and nailed a 3-pointer in only 15 minutes of playing time.

"A lot of good players are ahead of me," Negedu said. "I'm just a freshman. I'm just going out there to play my best and doing what Coach (Bruce Pearl) wants me to do."

Negedu hinted that he had extra motivation with Guess and Miller in the stands. Earlier in the afternoon, the couple purchased UT memorabilia, including orange face paint. But Miller decided against applying it.

"I was going to but I didn't want to be that lady up there embarrassing Emmanuel," Miller said, laughing.

The two also spent time with Negedu, who took them around campus.

"Emmanuel showed me around his dorm and said, 'Hey, I'm just going with the flow, playing for the team and we'll see how it goes,' " Guess said. "His free spirit is refreshing. A lot of Bruce Pearl's players are like that."

Miller grew up in California and is a big sports fan.

"I'm really close with my dad and I was always a tomboy," Miller said. "I played volleyball and basketball in high school. I went to a lot of 49ers games when I was younger and I've been to a lot of Laker games."

Link

No pics to be found yet. :pinch:

^ I see. :ninja:

Here's some pseudo-news:

MODELS TO APPEAR

Jan. 31, 2009

Models featured in Sports Illustrated's upcoming swimsuit edition - traditionally a launching pad to supermodel status -- will be making a first-ever party appearance in Las Vegas on Feb. 12 shortly after the unveiling.

A group numbering between "several and a half dozen" will be visiting a variety of different locations here leading up to the party at an undisclosed resort, Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority spokesman Vince Alberti said Friday.

Details are still being worked out, Alberti said, but the models are likely to be introduced to shopping, dining, entertainment and nightclub venues.

They will fly in from New York where Sports Illustrated historically has a trade event related to the popular issue.

Their Las Vegas appearance will be part of a three-way promotion involving Sports Illustrated, Southwest Airlines and the convention and visitors authority.

There have been Internet reports that the 2009 cover girl is Jessica Gomes, an Australian model of Singaporean and Portuguese heritage. She was in the swimsuit edition for the first time last year.

Marisa Miller was the 2008 cover girl, her seventh appearance in the swimsuit edition.

Link

Thanks for the untagged pics, Pink (and deae)!

You are welcome. I think it is ridiculous to tag VS pictures considering they are viewable to the general public and they are not of my property :)

Thank You for the new candids. She looks great as always :hehe:

Pet peeve: Your scans and caps are not your personal property either, they are pirated material owned by the copyright holder. It's why I quit tagging my scans shortly before I quit tagging, the realization that I didn't own them. IMHO tagging should be discreet and used for advertisement, which is what I usually see and have no problem with, but assumption of ownership always bugs me a bit. I stopped tagging because I didn't have a website to advertise and didn't want to "deface" what work I was essentially reproducing into another medium.

Thanks for the untagged pics, Pink (and deae)!

You are welcome. I think it is ridiculous to tag VS pictures considering they are viewable to the general public and they are not of my property :)

Thank You for the new candids. She looks great as always :hehe:

Pet peeve: Your scans and caps are not your personal property either, they are pirated material owned by the copyright holder. It's why I quit tagging my scans shortly before I quit tagging, the realization that I didn't own them. IMHO tagging should be discreet and used for advertisement, which is what I usually see and have no problem with, but assumption of ownership always bugs me a bit. I stopped tagging because I didn't have a website to advertise and didn't want to "deface" what work I was essentially reproducing into another medium.

You are totally right. Scans and video captures are the sole properties of its producers---not the scanner or the video captor. However with scans, I think it is ok to tag because the person who is scanning actually put effort into it. Everyone thinks when scanning all you do is pop the magazine onto a scanner and that's it. Even the act of popping a magazine onto a scanner takes effort (the positioning of the page and etc.) And many of those who scan often edit/touch-up the images to make it look nicer. That too takes time and effort. I feel these people deserves recognition for their hard work. Which is why I don't mind tagged scans as long as it doesn't distort the image and is discreet (like what you said (Y) )

I feel the same way about videos. Members like azkid don't just grab stuff from the web and tag it. He actually uses a program and machine that he bought to capture things from TV (and sometime the web, but only for videos not easily capped by anyone.) Hence why his stuff is often great quality. He spends hours (I kid you not b/c I have collaborated with him) editing, touching up and converting the clips for all of us to enjoy. People like him deserves recognition for their time and effort.

In my original post, I was talking about people who saves images and videos from the web and tags them. I think it is ridiculous b/c these are contents easily accessible to the general public. All of us can easily save a image and video from the web---it only takes a few seconds. Unlike scans and clips from TV, the act of saving something from online takes very little time and effort. Yes, you can argue saving and uploading pictures and videos also take time and effort. But again, the content is accessible via internet to the general public. That is the reason why I rarely tag videos I have capped. There is no point. There has only been 3 occasions I tagged my videos. All 3 times were exclusive contents that the general public would not be able to access. It took me a long time to edit and convert the videos, so I would like to get credit for my time and effort. As for my scans, I create a separate bar under my scans so it doesn't distort the image. I tag my scans "PinkCouture Scan" only to indicate I am the scanne. Notice, I use the word "scan," not "image" or anything indicating I have ownership of the image b/c I don't!