Bellazon

Vita Sidorkina
Thumbnail

sarnic

Taylor and especially Kate G (also russian) were kinda puzzling.  Not because they don’t have the potential, but because of the amount of work each has put in with VS compared to Vita.  We only have 22 pages of her work, but close to 1,000 VS pics already.  And, the pics are swim, mainline, and pink, which has been nothing short of astounding.  

Whether or not you agree with the choices VS made on their girls, the fact is that Vita just does not have the same following as most of the rest of the girls on that list. As far as Kate and Taylor, how much work they've done with VS is not as relevant as how much work they've done in general. Kate is an up-and-comer in HF world and Taylor is on the runway as well as getting more work with other brands. I'm not saying this means that they will do well in VS or even that they were the best choices over some other girls, but they're still more popular than Vita right now. Vita ain't done shit other than VS, UO, and a few other small things here and there. She hasn't even walked in one of their shows yet. 

I love Vita, and I hope she goes far, but I am not surprised she did not get picked for a contract, and I don't think she got snubbed.

The rest of the choices were more sensical, IMO, and those are sound arguments regarding Kate and Taylor, and their respective positions outside of VS.  With that being said, does anyone know VS’s specific criteria when choosing its Angels?  Is it the size of their following?  Is it the amount of work the’ve done in the modeling world?  Is it popularity?  I don’t think the company has ever disclosed its specific requirements in that regard.  Without that important piece of the puzzle, it’s plausible to argue that Vita was indeed snubbed.  I’m not as dialed-in on the whole of the modeling world as some, so I go mainly by what I see here on BZ, and a couple of other places.  Strictly from that perspective, it seems like Vita was such an easy choice over a couple of other models that it appears she was completely ignored.  The same argument can/is being made for Jojo Skriver (although much stronger in her case).

I certainly understand the general modeling argument, but the other selectees, save Romee, have had extensive work with VS prior to being elevated.

VS picks their Angels based on who will make them money, and popularity factors into that. Kate's situation reminds me of Karlie, where she was a runway star but not a catalog star and they still signed her.

Overall, I get why Vita wasn't chosen. If VS picked just based on who has worked for them most, Gracie and other peeps would have been Angels long ago.