Bellazon

Lily Aldridge
Thumbnail

Rogue

Thanks for all the updates! :heart:

So, another VSFS. Her first look was a little boring but wasn't bad, per say. I wish they'd kept the skirt on it or given her boots like Iza. The music is slow in that segment so I think her walk should be okay in it! Her second look, while gorgeous, (loved the wings) looked like it belonged in Secret Angel (it looked exactly the same as Georgia's lingerie in that segment). I think they moved her from SA to BNA (possibly to close?). Which brings me to...

This being her last show. All we can do is speculate, which is what people seem to be doing like crazy. I'm on the fence about it. She's done pretty much everything she can do there and they really don't use her much anymore. I think even Adriana gets used more than her at this point. Something feels off about her BNA outfit and her closing in it which makes me think that it was some kind of thank you/goodbye present from the team and wasn't necessarily their original plan for her or the closing. On the other hand, I could easily see her coming back next year, either as her last year as an Angel or like Lindsay/Erin/etc/ did. I do, however, think she'll be used less than she was last year for things due to Candice and Behati being back + them going to the NA for things a lot more. It wouldn't surprise me if she only shot holiday stuff and did the show. But only time will tell.

Lily entering the runway at 2:14, walking behind Sanne Vloet at 2:34 and Lily’s moment during the 2016 Mountain Romance segment at the 2:49 mark in the video:

Lady Gaga - Million Reasons at Victoria Secret Fashion Show

P.S. I think the slow pace suits Lily, her walk is not nearly as choppy as it once was! :smile:

@ceceshores

Yes! :D She has a tendency to take small steps and walk a bit too fast, at a bit too high a frequency. So this was the perfect section to naturally slow her down and have her walk be more smooth.

It’ll be interesting to compare her walk in this one to her walk in the "Bright Night Angel" section. I think she managed a pretty modelesque walk here i.e. crossing one foot in front of the other when she took her steps. :smile:

She was a standout and looked incredible in A night in the opera commercial.:angel:

She slays commercial work year after year.

Her mountain romance walk was indeed an improvement and reminds me of candice in the sense that  she was sticking her butt out while walking back.

I don't get why speculation that she is leaving, I guess its coming from age?  

I mean she is relatable to a older target audience and if her contract doesnt ask for too much money, its still worth for her angel promotion work which is does so well and commercial work and since she already does little catalog work for vs.

She had an incredible year esp after the fantasy bra, I have no issue with her leaving and seriously watching the part 7 video of VS making, her hair and makeup looks better than on the runway.

Also I was reading in the official thread, someone said her face was immortalized on a credit card?

What and when was that? Thanks

4 hours ago, Beehive2 said:

I don't get why speculation that she is leaving, I guess its coming from age? 

Also I was reading in the official thread, someone said her face was immortalized on a credit card?

What and when was that? Thanks

I think there's a few things. One, her contract is allegedly up this year. People are speculating she may get or have gotten a one year extension because both Candice and Behati needed time off for their pregnancies and that she'll be on a year-to-year basis now. Out of all the Angels, she has had less pictures released than everyone minus Alessandra for the past two years. I think even Adriana shoots for VS more now. With the NA taking precedence + Candice and Behati coming back next year, there isn't as much of a need for her. A lot of their newer girls are becoming great spokesmodels (one of the places she shines). I also think it has to do with age, like you guessed. She has a mature look and while that may have worked for VS in the past, it's clear they're going for a more youthful image. 

Surrounding the show and why people think she's leaving because of things that happened - Jasmine was supposed to close the show (two separate credible sources reported it) and that seemingly got changed last minute. Lily's outfit also looks like it belongs in another section so people speculated she got moved from SA to BNA (to close) in the eleventh hour. It may have been a thank you or goodbye gift from Ed and Sophia if they know she's leaving soon. With Candice and Behati back for next year's show, a lot of attention will be on them. Obviously I have no clue how much Lily will be featured on the broadcast but she seemed like a bit of a non-factor this year, even with closing. So it may have been her last time to have a moment and shine. This is all speculation, of course, and a mix of my take on it and what I've read in the main VSFS thread.

I was wondering about the credit card too. 

I believe they had/have Lily on one of the Angel credit cards that VS has. I don't know if it's the current version, or a previous one, but I saw people bitching on the VS facebook page about how the card doesn't look as elegant as it did before.  The only version I see on the VS site has Taylor on it so I don't know if Lily actually had one. :idk: 

JK Found it, but it's super tiny. 

siteBenefits-angel-forever.jpg

10 hours ago, ceceshores said:

I think there's a few things. One, her contract is allegedly up this year. People are speculating she may get or have gotten a one year extension because both Candice and Behati needed time off for their pregnancies and that she'll be on a year-to-year basis now. Out of all the Angels, she has had less pictures released than everyone minus Alessandra for the past two years. I think even Adriana shoots for VS more now. With the NA taking precedence + Candice and Behati coming back next year, there isn't as much of a need for her. A lot of their newer girls are becoming great spokesmodels (one of the places she shines). I also think it has to do with age, like you guessed. She has a mature look and while that may have worked for VS in the past, it's clear they're going for a more youthful image. 

Surrounding the show and why people think she's leaving because of things that happened - Jasmine was supposed to close the show (two separate credible sources reported it) and that seemingly got changed last minute. Lily's outfit also looks like it belongs in another section so people speculated she got moved from SA to BNA (to close) in the eleventh hour. It may have been a thank you or goodbye gift from Ed and Sophia if they know she's leaving soon. With Candice and Behati back for next year's show, a lot of attention will be on them. Obviously I have no clue how much Lily will be featured on the broadcast but she seemed like a bit of a non-factor this year, even with closing. So it may have been her last time to have a moment and shine. This is all speculation, of course, and a mix of my take on it and what I've read in the main VSFS thread.

I was wondering about the credit card too. 

9 hours ago, toodarnhot said:

I believe they had/have Lily on one of the Angel credit cards that VS has. I don't know if it's the current version, or a previous one, but I saw people bitching on the VS facebook page about how the card doesn't look as elegant as it did before.  The only version I see on the VS site has Taylor on it so I don't know if Lily actually had one. :idk: 

JK Found it, but it's super tiny. 

siteBenefits-angel-forever.jpg

Thanks for responding.

It's strange that we didnt see this credit card pic in her thread or anywhere before reading about it.

https://www.victoriassecret.com/angel-card-benefits

Found her in the angel forever which is the highest of all three tiers of the angel card.

But seriously I don't think she is getting axed from the angel line up if her face is on the current card and is the highest tier. 

Vs obviously used her pic for a reason and she is still being featured in the behind the scenes videos making of the show esp part 7 and many close up shots of her in the latest opera commercial.

I didn't think that closing the show would meant so much speculation esp in the intro of the behind the scenes, they did featured side view of lily walking down the 2015 runway which I initially thought its a indication she might open or close the show until I read in threads that jasmine was going to close and even in a video where monica was telling who is closing or opening, lily had a reaction scene.

Just my two cents on it but I think she will still be with VS for at least a year.

Anyone thinks if she were to leave VS, another lingerie brand might sign her up?

She can appeal to a more mature audience beyond VS and I believe her agency just might do that to prolong her career? 

16 hours ago, Beehive2 said:

Just my two cents on it but I think she will still be with VS for at least a year.

Anyone thinks if she were to leave VS, another lingerie brand might sign her up?

She can appeal to a more mature audience beyond VS and I believe her agency just might do that to prolong her career? 

I agree with you, I don't think the 2016 show was her last one. However, I do think that 2017 could be. IMO there's a lot of things that point to her time winding down with VS in the near future. I'm curious to see how much she'll be used once Candice and Behati are back seeing as how she was used even less than she was this year while they were working. 

I'm not sure about another lingerie brand picking her up. I think she's been with VS so long that she'll always be associated with that and I doubt another lingerie brand wants that. 

16 hours ago, balenciagaaa said:

arriving on a flight at the Washington Reagan National Airport in Washington DC on December 2, 2016. 

Bigger and +1

tJHmuEsD.jpg UEF5v2SS.jpg 2ygbzOJJ.jpg P4fi87l4.jpg