Bellazon

Music of 2011

donbot

@Matt: :heart: Pumped Up Kicks.

@M*: Barely. I had it playing twice on my way to work before my morning coffee. Sounded good. That's about as much as I got to analyse in my pre-caffeinated consciousness.

^Sweet :ddr:

So I just found out Tom Waits was inducted into the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame in March this year.

Fucking legend :heart:

Also, no offence to anyone, but heavy metal album covers are hilarious :laugh:

Arcade Fire have announced they will be releasing a deluxe edition of their most recent record The Suburbs, featuring a DVD, two new tracks and David Byrne.

The DVD component will be made up of film clips, behind the scenes footage and the Spike Jonze-directed short film Scenes from The Suburbs.

You can watch a trailer for the film here.

The two new tracks are called 'Culture War' and the David Byrne featuring 'Speaking In Tongues'.

You can get your hands on it in early August.

http://www.twentyfourbit.com/post/47778379...lf-titled-album

there's the album cover and a 51 sec clip. New Bon Iver is pretty much the best news I could ever hear.

On a sadder note, Gerald Smith the bassist for TV on the Radio died yesterday of cancer :( Check out their new album Nine Types of Light though. It's good

^Passive Me, Aggressive You was one of my favourite albums of last year :wave:

Michael*, et al - do you know anything of Colourmusic? Just heard this song Yes! today and rather liked it. Album has just come out, it's their second, but first to be released internationally. Review cites MGMT and Flaming Lips - but who cares what they say, I'm coming to you...

^Passive Me, Aggressive You was one of my favourite albums of last year :wave:
Michael*, et al - do you know anything of Colourmusic? Just heard this song Yes! today and rather liked it. Album has just come out, it's their second, but first to be released internationally. Review cites MGMT and Flaming Lips - but who cares what they say, I'm coming to you...

Sounds good! I had a listen to some of their others on their MySpace page. 'You For Leaving Me' is really good :yes:

Interesting, they're (mostly) American yet they spell colour properly <_<

^Certainly interesting, but I didn't really like the song :blush:

Super excited to hear the premiere of Seeker Lover Keeper on radio this weekend :woot:

Made up of Sarah Blasko (incidentally one of my favourite people on the planet), Sally Seltmann and Holly Throsby.. three awesomely amazing singer/songwriters from Australia. They teased this project back in August last year, and only now we finally get to hear some :chicken: :heart:

^Certainly interesting, but I didn't really like the song :blush:

Super excited to hear the premiere of Seeker Lover Keeper on radio this weekend :woot:

Made up of Sarah Blasko (incidentally one of my favourite people on the planet), Sally Seltmann and Holly Throsby.. three awesomely amazing singer/songwriters from Australia. They teased this project back in August last year, and only now we finally get to hear some :chicken: :heart: