Bellazon

Stella Maxwell
Thumbnail

I hate it. I don't care that she doesn't smile in her personal pictures, but she's at work, and she's supposed to be a spokesmodel. She's on set, and she knows the social media crews are there. They're celebrating with champagne and she can't crack a tiny smile? She doesn't even look happy to be there, and her dead face makes her look awkward next to the girls who are actually doing their job. I don't get bitch stare from her- 90% of the time she just looks petulant. 

yep

I hate it. I don't care that she doesn't smile in her personal pictures, but she's at work, and she's supposed to be a spokesmodel. She's on set, and she knows the social media crews are there. They're celebrating with champagne and she can't crack a tiny smile? She doesn't even look happy to be there, and her dead face makes her look awkward next to the girls who are actually doing their job. I don't get bitch stare from her- 90% of the time she just looks petulant. 

yep

+1  and I'm a fan saying this. The edgy 24/7 shit has about run it's course with her

yep

+1  and I'm a fan saying this. The edgy 24/7 shit has about run it's course with her

Look, I love her smile, and she lights everything when she flashes it, but I also think it may be a pose she has AND that VS may want her to adopt.  I say this only because periodically, that's what they seem to go for.  Look at Adriana @7-8 years ago.  There were points when she either pouted or glared at the camera, and I was totally digging it from her. Not defending this pose--just saying it's hardly a Stella-only thing.

I'm not talking about her work. Stella's expressions look great in her photos most of the time, but delivering a good set of photographs is only going to get you so far, especially when you're hired on to be a spokesperson. If this was a seasonal campaign, who cares what her personality is like as long as the pictures sell the product, but that's not what Stella is doing. Even when Adriana had her pout face on, she was still likable. Stella's constant glumness makes her unapproachable, and that's not going to sell well with consumers. I like Stella, I think her pictures are great, but her personality right now is a really big turn off for me personally. And even if Stella was doing it purposefully as a marketing choice, that's clearly not the direction VS is going with their new crop of Angels. They're all young, happy, and you want to be them/be their best friend.

It's okay Stella. Miley's still going to pop molly with you if you smile once in a while. Your cool kid cred won't shatter.

Yeah but one would think someone on that set would tell her to smile, right? Which only means that they want her to act that way.

They probably interpret it as being "mysterious" or something stupid like that.

I don't like it either but apparently people at VS do because they named her Angel.

I still think she's a vampire :morning:  (never smiles because of the fangs, duh) and nobody can convince me otherwise.

Seriously, I love this girl in print but for anything else? Not sold yet.

She does have a beautiful smile. Her whole face changes when it does. But I have to agree with schemer because i'm sure someone on set would say hey Stella smile. It doesn't seem like that is happening at all. So maybe they want her to have that look. One of their girls has to have that mysterious look. Or she just doesn't listen and says fuck it. And if that were the case I doubt they would have signed her up if she didn't listen to them. Who knows.

The bigger the asshole, the louder the fart. Does that translate into Russian as well? :whistle:

Hate to get all science-y with you guys, but it's actually the amounts of Sulfur. Higher amounts of Sulfur makes the fart silent.

Yes, I'm a insufferable know it all. I just can't help it.  :whistle: