Bellazon

Inception

Cult Icon

^ JUST saw this like 10 mins ago, ok WTF? for the first hour i did not understand a thing, and when it ended ....im gonna be honest...i still didn't understand a thing, it was a good movie except i have no clue what happened.....it was way too long too. its rated 12? hahah what 12 yr old's would even understand that?!

I went into the film with a little knowledge of neuroscience, my subconscious, and dreams. The film raised some thoughts within me about my past (especially a certain relationship) but overall it stimulated a bit less thought than I expected. The film would have probably delivered more stimulus on me had I not thought of these issues before. My only issue with the film is the action. I think that Nolan put in too many unnecessary fight scenes. I would have preferred if the production money went into more interesting areas (exploring the ideas).

Vanessa:

There is a summary of the film in wiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inception_(film)

Here is a faq from imdb (about plot questions)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1375666/faq

Who's that in your avatar?

Sooo many people are raving about how amazing it is. Twitter is going crazy for it lol. Apparently it's a real thinking movie.. most people i know who saw it understood the concept and said it was brilliant. I wanna see it so bad but i have to wait till next weekend :(

Saw the film about an hour ago.

Absolutely amazing. One of the best movies I've seen in a LONG time. 5/5 no doubt.

I understand the movie isn't for everyone, but for those who can follow it and don't mind thinking, it's simply genius.

I can't stop raving about it!

Beware, the film actually gave me a mild headache. (this happened to me when I saw Avatar as well) I took an advil afterwards.. A lot of wild camerawork :)

Sounds like that absolutely dreadful scene near the end of the Dark Knight.

Regarding your ranking system. What other films would you give a 4/5? And what is in your opinion a 5/5, 3/5 and so on... I guess this goes for anyone who has already seen it.

There was something about Inception that was just so fresh creatively. The premise is interesting, and while the movie is long, EVERY frame, EVERY word of dialogue holds importance with the plot and the development of what you're watching. There is no clutter. Like I mentioned before, if you don't want to think for 2 1/2hrs don't watch this movie. I've already heard a couple people complaining about headaches and being pissed because they 'didn't get it' (I don't mean here only on BZ either :rofl:). Honestly, Inception became my favorite movie.

The only other movies I've given 5/5 are The Godfather, The Departed (The fact that Leo is in this as well is an honest coincidence), and Perfume (because it is the most faithful book-to-film adaptation I've ever seen).

I have an odd taste in films, and have always been under the impression that some good movies aren't very entertaining, and some entertaining movies aren't very good. And already, I can see how someone might view Inception under one of these two catagories. Now, it isn't to say that EVERY movie falls into these two, but a lot of them do. It's rare they are both, which is what usually makes a stand-out movie.

Inception is a superb film that is ridiculously entertaining, but I'm sure there are those who'll find it boring, contrived, or simply not be able to follow the plot.

. The only other movies I've given 5/5 are The Godfather, The Departed (The fact that Leo is in this as well is an honest coincidence), and Perfume (because it is the most faithful book-to-film adaptation I've ever seen).

Very wired you should say that. Just as i reading you thoughts prior to these two sentences, i was thinking about The Departed. (one of my faves also :)) In terms of the pace and depth of the movie is inception on the same level? - Because admitidly even tho i found it quite hard work, i put the effort in and was rewarded and entertained with a cracking movie :) :heart: and now have it on dvd lol!

^ If you haven't seen it yet, see Memento, another film by Christopher Nolan :)

I LOVE that movie. Fabulous premise with the whole 'backwards' story-telling.

. The only other movies I've given 5/5 are The Godfather, The Departed (The fact that Leo is in this as well is an honest coincidence), and Perfume (because it is the most faithful book-to-film adaptation I've ever seen).

Very wired you should say that. Just as i reading you thoughts prior to these two sentences, i was thinking about The Departed. (one of my faves also :)) In terms of the pace and depth of the movie is inception on the same level? - Because admitidly even tho i found it quite hard work, i put the effort in and was rewarded and entertained with a cracking movie :) :heart: and now have it on dvd lol!

Inception is a bit slower pace, but the reward/satisfaction is ten-fold in my opinion.

^ JUST saw this like 10 mins ago, ok WTF? for the first hour i did not understand a thing, and when it ended ....im gonna be honest...i still didn't understand a thing, it was a good movie except i have no clue what happened.....it was way too long too. its rated 12? hahah what 12 yr old's would even understand that?!

Just because you didn't understand it, doesn't mean it's a bad film, if fact, just because didn't understand it doesn't mean the plot isn't followable... you just couldn't/didn't. :laugh:

Also, the whole 'wtf' aspect of the movie is what makes it so good. It's a thinking movie, you're supposed to leave the theater wondering about what it is you just saw and questioning if you're right about anything.

Inception is obviously not for someone who wants to sit around and be told everything, watch hot people be hot, and see shit explode. I hope they make more movies like this because it lets me know that there are still filmmakers out there who want to make movies that stick with you and excersie your mind.

It is not a popcorn flick and thank god for it. It's been a looooong time since I've walked out of a theater feeling like I payed for something worthwhile. Inception did it.

^ my thoughts exactly! Films can be far to predictable these days indeed :/

The thing about Inception is that although you may think you understood what happened (perhaps before the end, even), the more you think about it, the more and less sense in makes. It's an intricate maze meant to stay with the viewer who is commited enough (and intelligent enough) to delve through the clues, the hints, the themes. Perhaps this is a little crass, but many of the people who would dislike this movie (not all, mind you) probably just don't have the attention span or the IQ to follow it.

BTW: The musical score is out of this world: Listen HERE.

Just because you didn't understand it, doesn't mean it's a bad film, if fact, just because didn't understand it doesn't mean the plot isn't followable... you just couldn't/didn't. :laugh:

She didn't say the movie was bad :)

^ my thoughts exactly! Films can be far to predictable these days indeed :/

The thing about Inception is that although you may think you understood what happened (perhaps before the end, even), the more you think about it, the more and less sense in makes. It's an intricate maze meant to stay with the viewer who is commited enough (and intelligent enough) to delve through the clues, the hints, the themes. Perhaps this is a little crass, but many of the people who would dislike this movie (not all, mind you) probably just don't have the attention span or the IQ to follow it.

BTW: The musical score is out of this world: Listen HERE.

Sounds great. You know your totally building me up for this, im getting all excited :p (Making plans with someone as I type) Thanks for the link...will take a listen when i have a little more time :)

I'm so excited for you to see it! When you do, come back and discuss with me! :clap:

(I just wanna talk about it, honestly. :rofl:)

ACK! I need more people to see it so we can chat about the theories and have a grand old time!

haha, will do! Im so gonna be thinking of you while im watching it...furiously writing notes to discuss :laugh: i'll be so popular :whistle: