Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

Most models would Still do anything for a VS contract. It still brings tons and tons of exposure, and VS is very aware of that. Let's not kid ourself.

Candice was a no-name model and now she's one of the highest paid models in the world. She's now a high fashion princess an and we see her name in the most desirable women lists.

Erin has a movie coming up, and she was paid to be a highlight in a fashion in Turkey.

Alessandra went from being an angel to closing the Olympics.

Miranda is capitalizing on being an angel and making a name for herself. Something must go very wrong somewhere for that girl to leave VS on her own in the near future.

Adriana, well, Adriana

Even the girls that just do the vsfs get exposure. Karlie Kloss was everywhere when the last show was happening.

Anne V now has 2 movies coming up.

Bregje bagged a Maroon 5 video.

Toni Garrn now has L'Oreal

Karmen Pendura was getting tons and tons of work right after the show

VS is as good as it gets for a model.

:laugh: the Adriana vs Gisele debate again. Once again, even if Gisele is 'hardly' the most famous model in the world, I can't understand how Gisele Bundchen is not a more recognized name than Adriana Lima, world wide and even within just the United States.

and yeah, the non-contract girls often get hideous outfits for the show, but some of them get pretty lucky. I feel bad for some of the models who are actually angels that repeatedly get the ugliest outfits ever.

^If were talking about names here, the name gisele bunchen is definetly more well known than adriana lima. Adriana is a close second, but still, every person I know, EVERY body I talk to fashion about, knows the name gisele more than adriana. Because adriana is "you know adriana from VS" while gisele is GISELE. Here in teh U.S if you jsut say the name gisele, everyone knows who your talking about. If you just say adriana, you have to add the lima.

Adriana also has more fans than gisele does though, and she has alot more internet searchs, mens magazine covers, ect. But, still, Gisele is the most sucessful model out there right now, and the most well known model out there right now. That is just a straight up fact to everyone in the fashion industry, everyone else who even pays attention to fashion, and normal people. The name gisele is definetly the most reconizable model name in the whole entire world period.

Like we've said before, internet popularity wise, yes there are a lot of models that have more fans than Gisele, maybe even off the internet Adriana and others have more fans. But why are we assuming that you have to be a fan of someone to know who someone is? I absolutely hate kim kardashian, sadly I know who she is as do many many people. I apologize for stating as I did and making it seem like it's a fact, more so than an opinion, I hate when others do that- and I shouldn't do the same. But I do think it's kind of ridiculous to avoid or ignore the fact that even people who aren't interested in fashion all know who gisele bundchen is. People of all ages, people who don't use the internet. She is the remaining supermodel of our time. And it's a status thing. A fan base does not always mean the person is more known or more recognized, not all people who are well known are liked. Gisele bundchen is used as a comparing point and again, there are so many people who do not know who Adriana lima is at all. My friends in their mid 20s INCLUDED, but gisele bundchen... even my family in their 40s know who she is. Obviously there are exceptions to this rule but as a general standard... I mean come on, I obviously am a huge fan of Adriana as well as Gisele. But to even suggest that Adriana is more popular than Gisele B because she has more fans on twitter and because she's ranked higher in sexy/hot lists, to me is just :laugh:

I can see, that if asked who men think is sexier Adriana vs Gisele, a lot of them would go for Adriana, but again... preference and a fan base is not the same thing as status and acknowledgment. Adriana lima is recognized for her beauty and work with VS, GIsele is recognized for her status and as a symbol.

Oh please, Gisele is known as Gisele because her name is not common. Why do you think people say Cindy Crawford or Naomi Campbell or Kate freaking Moss(who is more famous than any breathing model)? It's only because they have more common names. It's just so uninteresting when everything said about Adriana is overlooked because Gisele has the better career. Megan Fox cannot get to the status of Julia Roberts, in terms of prestige and respect and acting, but everyone knows who Megan is more than they know Julia in this day and age So what status are we talking about?. Gisele was a Victoria's Secret model for the better part of the last decade, so shouldn't more men search for her on the web because she's more popular wth them? And I don't knw why some people believe this but the average person doesn't know the difference between a VS angel and a Supermodel. People are calling Lindsey wixen and Bar supermodels, only people like us care about that title. Gisele is indeed popular in the internet, but models like kate moss and Adriana are more popular than her on the. I have friends who when I try to bring up the model talk with them and I try to explain who Adriana is, they tell me they know her, I Also have friends (who very much follow pop culture) and don't know who Gisele is. Some people think she must be new if they haven't heard about her, some thiink Heidi or Kate Moss are the highest earning models

Kim Kardashian has more fans and followers than snooki, so it mean she more well known. Lady Gaga has more followers in the internet than anyone except for maybe Justin Birber) so it means she has to be the biggeest star on the planet. Why is it overlooked in Adriana's case. I don't know about 10 years ago, but that's how it works now, that's it. Who cares if Adriana is only known for her looks, does that equals less people knowing her? That didn't seem to stop Megan Fox. Everyone who has a globally known name and face trend at twitter when they do something, have more google hits and more facebook/twitter fans and followers than the rest. It comes with the territory http://abcnews.go.co...ry?id=10573331. what kinda Fame does Gisele have then? If she doesn't qualify in any of that? I'm not saying she isn't famous, but she Hardly Justin Bieber. No one is ignoring anything, Adriana isn't a exactly a fashion model, and people know who she is. If Gisele is known by the average person, she should have more have more fans and attract more eyeballs than Adriana, anything less than that doesn't fly. I'm not saying Adriana is globally known, but ya hafta admit, the world is just too big for Gisele to be thaat famous

Megan Fox is a movie star who gained fame because of her looks yes, but because of her involvement in Transformers. Movies are a universal thing, fashion is not. So any reference you made to Megan Fox in comparison to Gisele/Adriana is void. Where in anything I said did I say Gisele is more recognized because of her modeling is better? Even though I do personally hold that to be true, I don't believe others have to know her for her modeling abilities. All I said is Gisele is known as a status symbol, neither Gisele nor Adriana are actresses. So yes Megan will be bigger, but I don't understand how comparing Megan with Julia has to do with Adriana/Gisele, unless I was talking about their credibility in their given field. And I was not.

Again you keep coming back to this argument of "more popular with men" "why shouldn't she be more popular with men when she worked for VS" nobody is denying that men prefer Adriana lima over Gisele bundchen, I think Adriana is loads sexier but you don't even attempt to consider the idea that Gisele bundchen is Gisele bundchen for a reason. And no, it's not because her name isn't common :laugh: . You are acting as though people are saying Adriana isn't popular, when all that's merely being said is Gisele bundchen is recognized world wide as a supermodel and her name is more recognizable. And your comment about 'more known by the average person', you're trying to assert that the average person knows who Adriana Lima is. The average person, believe it or not does not keep UP with VS or fashion, they keep up with television...and sports... and movies. But those people, if you bring up Gisele Bundchen will know who she at least is, if they don't know anything else about her that's fine. Now you're going to go and reference adriana lima in her superbowl commercial, and yes she was exposed to millions. At one point a few years ago she even had the most watched commercial. But the people who knew who she was, knew who she was. Those who didn't, didn't all run to their computers to google who she was. They saw a hot chick in less to no clothing and were satisfied.

I feel like a broken record, because I've said all these things before so I won't keep on continuing with the same bull shit, but I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

Agree with everything you said cherrybomb :) I don't know why its so important to some (not pointing anyone out here) adriana fans that she has to be the most well known model in the world. I think many people in both the fashion world, and the regular people world can agree, gisele is a more reconizable name, and people know who she is. Why is that such a bother to some adriana fans?

Agree expecially with this ;)

I mean come on, I obviously am a huge fan of Adriana as well as Gisele. But to even suggest that Adriana is more popular than Gisele B because she has more fans on twitter and because she's ranked higher in sexy/hot lists, to me is just :laugh:

I can see, that if asked who men think is sexier Adriana vs Gisele, a lot of them would go for Adriana, but again... preference and a fan base is not the same thing as status and acknowledgment. Adriana lima is recognized for her beauty and work with VS, GIsele is recognized for her status and as a symbol.

And If we are talking numbers, then yes, adriana is more popular. she does have more likes on FB, followers on twitter, whatever. But if we talk about the name itself, a hell of alot of people know who gisele is (without even saying her last name) over adriana lima ;)

This is also coming from a fellow adriana lover myself :)

Lmao to anyone who thinks the internet can't tell you the status of a celeb.

If we were comparing modeling and acting, Adriana would be someone like Megan and Gisele would be someone like Julia, that why I compared them, nothing more. And I'm not claiming that men prefer Adriana I'm saying she's more popular among them. I'm going back to that unless you tell me Gisele won an award for being the hottest women on the planet.

I'm acting like people think Gisle is some kind of an international phenomenon when she isn't. You said your family knows her, my family don't.

I'm not asserting that the average person knows Adriana, all I'm sating is, more people are familiar with Adriana than Gisele. But aren't you the same people that said Miranda is more popular? (please where are you getting these Idea? And Now you said Adriana isn't far behind Gisele who apparently is known by even babies

Now I'm going to ask the most obvious question here, but what does it matter who's more popular, who's more famous, who's more searched, who's got more fans ect. ect. ect? Why are you putting so much thought into something that boils down to dribble.

Beating dead a horse with a stick over and over to make a point equals mid retardation. Now please move on to a new topic that actually has a chance of going somewhere. :rofl:

+1, I don't see why its so important to prove to everyone else that adriana is the holiest, most well known superhuman on the planet!

I guess I'm the only one that doesn't have a problem with/likes Anja :laugh:

I agree she might not be your ideal VS girl...but as far as walking the show goes, are we going to pretend like all the other models that get casted are better fit?

I actually liked Anja in 2009..in the horrible star troopers segment.

Lmao. I think i need to visit where you guys live.

I need a laughing gif so bad right. Some people are making me look like I dislike Gisele. You guys need to know that Gisele isn't known everywhere. That is for the Beyonce and Angelinas of the world, Goddess Bundchen isn't even half close as being as known as you're making her out to be. I've Lived in Denmark for the last few years. I don't see what you're saying there. I don't know about some parts of the world, but in some, Adriana is Famous than Gisele and YOU WILL DEAL!

And what is this double standards that's reeking everywhere here? Why are you guys trying to prove Adriana isn't more famous, If you don't want other do say otherwise?

Lmao. I think i need to visit where you guys live.

I need a laughing gif so bad right. Some people are making me look like I dislike Gisele. You guys need to know that Gisele isn't known everywhere. That is for the Beyonce and Angelinas of the world, Goddess Bundchen isn't even half close as being as known as you're making her out to be. I've Lived in Denmark for the last few years. I don't see what you're saying there. I don't know about some parts of the world, but in some, Adriana is Famous than Gisele and YOU WILL DEAL!

And what is this double standards that's reeking everywhere here? Why are you guys trying to prove Adriana isn't more famous, If you don't want other do say otherwise?

I guess I'm the only one that doesn't have a problem with/likes Anja :laugh:

I agree she might not be your ideal VS girl...but as far as walking the show goes, are we going to pretend like all the other models that get casted are better fit?

I actually liked Anja in 2009..in the horrible star troopers segment.

Anja definitely has a stronger walk than most of the girls. She looked her best in the 2010 show. She should not have been cast for the 2011 show and definitely should not have gotten three outfits. My problem with Anja isn't that she is skinny but the fact that she clearly isn't naturally that skinny. The same goes for Natasha, Hana, and Jeisa (all of whom I'm a fan of). I guess I wouldn't be bothered by it as much if this was like any other show and wasn't watched by the masses (including many adolescent girls) or if their casting videos wouldn't continually claim that they only look for "healthy" girls.

I hear what you're saying. Personally I think it's not fair to really knock on Anja's weight/how skinny she is due to the fact that adolescent girls watch the VS show. I've never liked that argument of models or celebrities who are famed for their appearance, having to set an example for body image. I think it's great if they do, but I don't believe in holding them responsible for that.

Now I'm going to ask the most obvious question here, but what does it matter who's more popular, who's more famous, who's more searched, who's got more fans ect. ect. ect? Why are you putting so much thought into something that boils down to dribble.

Beating dead a horse with a stick over and over to make a point equals mid retardation. Now please move on to a new topic that actually has a chance of going somewhere. :rofl:

+1, I don't see why its so important to prove to everyone else that adriana is the holiest, most well known superhuman on the planet!

2pzky8y.gif

Actually, Cherry, sorry but it was you that brought up Adriana vs Gisele.

And when you say things like people of all ages know Goddess Bundchen and she's internationally known to a point that she doesn't need a surname (rofl) then it would be fitting if we assume you are putting her in the caliber of moviestars, or artists and presidents, Gisele is just not there. If you go to the street (be it America or Asia), the first person you ask might not know both women. At least we're not saying Adriana is known to people of all ages and worldwide.

The reason you are acting like a community as vast as the internet doesn't matter is beyond me. Kate Upton called and she disagrees.

I'm sorry for going any further. To each their own I guess.

Again, I never put Gisele up against movie stars. And I wasn't the one that claimed or said anything about her surname. I said it's ridiculous to say she's famous because she's referred to only as Gisele without mention of her last name. But I have now learned once and for all how to end this discussion for good:

you're right, Adriana is the most recognized model in the world. By face, status, name, and all. :fun::fun::fun::fun::fun::fun:make%20it%20clap.gifmake%20it%20clap.gifmake%20it%20clap.gif

next topic?

Again, I never put Gisele up against movie stars. And I wasn't the one that claimed or said anything about her surname. I said it's ridiculous to say she's famous because she's referred to only as Gisele without mention of her last name. But I have now learned once and for all how to end this discussion for good:

you're right, Adriana is the most recognized model in the world. By face, status, name, and all. :fun::fun::fun::fun::fun::fun:make%20it%20clap.gifmake%20it%20clap.gifmake%20it%20clap.gif

next topic?