Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

Wow, thank you for telling me that, Marciotmello. She better hope that the video can be scrubbed away from the internet because if she becomes more famous, I don’t think that she could explain that away.

Was there also another VS model who did something that came across as racist?

5 minutes ago, Sanni said:

Wow, thank you for telling me that, Marciotmello. She better hope that the video can be scrubbed away from the internet because if she becomes more famous, I don’t think that she could explain that away.

Was there also another VS model who did something that came across as racist?

You're welcome; I think it is, the video is from her snapchat and it was there for maybe 2 minutes or less and it's not that easy to save videos from another people's story on Snapchat so I think no one actually owns this video.

No, she's the only 

Thanks again, Marciotmello. That video might still come back to haunt her…

Even without the whole mocking someone because of their nationality thing, it really doesn’t sit well with the general public to see a model making fun of other people.

12 minutes ago, alexandra23 said:

^ You'd have to check out her thread for details because I don't know them, but I think Sara Sampaio also did something arguably racist. Maybe singing the N-word in a rap song?

Thank you! It’s good to know who people are referring to when they say that some of the Angels are racist because that’s a serious accusation.

Oh please everyone sings rap songs and says it along with the song. Doesn't mean you are racist. I don't think what Taylor was doing was as racist. Was it in bad taste? Yes extremely bad and in poor taste. But the word racist is such a strong word. And shouldn't be thrown around for a young girl doing a stupid thing at her age. And being influenced by a douche bag who should know better. So there's no point in bringing that up now. It's been discussed to death in her thread don't need to see it here people.

54 minutes ago, BlueMoonX said:

Yes because mocking a Arab man because of his accent and culture isn't racist at all :Amelie_wft:

I'm Lebanese and I didn't find it racist at all. I think people just over exaggerate. Everyone does mock accents all the time. I mock do american all the time and attempt to do an accent of people from the south. Is that considered racist? I've heard people all the time attempt at doing my aussie accent and always do the typical aussie thing by saying throw a shrimp on the barbie which we don't say. Is that also racist? I say to my friends and cousins hi huuunnaay like an asian woman in a nail salon from a comedy video I once saw. It's fun and it's NOT racist. Just because she was puting on an accent and having some fun, yes mocking someone but don't we all mock people? I think we all do it, it's just the fact she's a known model and it was on her snapchat that caused an uproar by all the PC crowd on here. Seriously it's getting sad.

5 hours ago, BlueMoonX said:

Yes because mocking a Arab man because of his accent and culture isn't racist at all :Amelie_wft:

.... she wasn't mocking, she was trying to mimic.

I guess so many of you are so morally righteous that you never watch shows like The Simpsons (Apu's accent is being portrayed by a white guy)... Or South Park, or Family Guy, or Brickleberry, any shows on Adult Swim, or half the shows on TV where actors who aren't of a certain race, creed or color mimic certain stereotypical accents they think a character might have.

The soapbox is strong. Jesus get over it people and find something new to cry about.

Researchers have found human brains imitate the speech patterns of other people, even complete strangers, without meaning to.

"Humans are incessant imitators,” said Prof Lawrence Rosenblum, a psychologist who led the study:

"We intentionally imitate subtle aspects of each other's mannerisms, postures and facial expressions.

"We also imitate each other's speech patterns, including inflections, talking speed and speaking time.”

He added: "Sometimes we even take on the foreign accent of the person to whom we are talking, leading to embarrassing consequences."

^^ I guess there are so many strong people out there that they can ignore base human nature. God I wish I had your will power :rofl:

5 hours ago, Kevork89 said:

II say to my friends and cousins hi huuunnaay like an asian woman in a nail salon from a comedy video I once saw.

Just for you my love

MXo7Fja.jpg

White girl "mocking" an Asian... funny as hell ...  Can't watch Mad Tv reruns.... damn! :(

I'm sure Candice, Stella and Jac will all be in it too. Don't see why they wouldn't be. Seems to me JoJo could possibly take Kate's spot. But who knows with her and VS. She did shoot with them again not long ago.

And I hope there is no lame

perfomers this time. It's unnecessary. Focus on the girls and the behind the scenes look of the shoot. Not lame in between segments like they do in the fashion show. And can they stop with the something big is coming # it's not necessary as they did a swim special already. Don't really think it's a surprise.