Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

11 hours ago, ceceshores said:

Same with Lily, she and Ale are the only two who have a loss of followers the majority of the last 10 days. Adriana, Candice, Elsa, Jo and Stella have had one or two days where they've lost followers. Martha is barely breaking even and the rest have all gained followers over the past 10 days. With the amount of Angels who lost followers at least one day of the last 10, i'm wondering if IG purged/deleted spam accounts like they do every now and then.

I'm the most suprised at Lais for skipping through this situation and still gaining followers. Also with Sara gaining 5.2k and Taylor 7.1k because Tay used to tower over anyone by 5k+.

Bar Refaeli should have shot for Victoria’s Secret WAY more than she did. One of the best bodies ever and a great swim and lingerie model. I don’t understand why VS did not book her unless it was about a (stupid) rivalry between SI and VS.

6 hours ago, CandleVixen said:

They welcomed me with open arms a few years back after me lurking for a while. This is a fantastic community on the whole. :thumbsup: Mostly friendly and laid back. 

Hi CandleVixen! I've seen a lot of your posts on different threads, it's nice to officially say hello.

6 hours ago, Sanni said:

This is the shot I was remembering:

%BF%A9%C0%DA%BA%B9%B1%D9%BA%B9%B1%D9%BF%

There are more pictures from the shoot.

I love Miranda (liked her better in PINK but she was one of my fave angels, too. Ale looks beautiful here!! I don't think I'd say that now though, she seems like a sweetheart but I am not a fan of her looks. Marissa had bangin' taste in music and her husband is a pro skater or some extreme sport dude so hell yeah to that, but I never thought she was pretty. I wanted to hang out with Marissa though.

All 3 ladies look super happy, vibrant, and gorgeous in this shot. Thank you for sharing Sanni!

@bump No problem! :D Miranda is the best PINK spokesmodel ever to me. Of course, we have to give credit to the first PINK spokesmodel Alessandra Ambrosio but Miranda was the perfect mixture of cuteness for PINK and sexiness fit for mainline.

I was averse to Marisa Miller at first but grew to really like her due to her personality. She is probably my favourite VS spokesmodel ever. I never understood why Lindsay was praised as a spokesmodel. To me it seemed like a consolation prize i.e. Candice is great for lingerie (because she is the sexy one), Erin is great for VSX (because she is not as sexy and popular as Candice but has a toned body) and Lindsay is the best spokesmodel (because people need to say something nice about her as well.)

2 minutes ago, Sanni said:

@bump No problem! :D Miranda is the best PINK spokesmodel ever to me. Of course, we have to give credit to the first PINK spokesmodel Alessandra Ambrosio but Miranda was the perfect mixture of cuteness for PINK and sexiness fit for mainline.

I was averse to Marisa Miller at first but grew to really like her due to her personality. She is probably my favourite VS spokesmodel ever. I never understood why Lindsay was praised as a spokesmodel. To me it seemed like a consolation prize i.e. Candice is great for lingerie (because she is the sexy one), Erin is great for VSX (because she is not as sexy and popular as Candice but has a toned body) and Lindsay is the best spokesmodel (because people need to say something nice about her as well.)

I forgot Alessandra did PINK! I remember a long time ago trying to find her PINK pictures but I had no luck. Do you or anyone on here happen to have a few so I can see what she looked like with PINK? Thanks in advance if anyone is able to help.

Omg Lindsay sucked big time. I didn't think she pretty or cute and I sure didn't think she was good at speaking. She was stiff, comfortable and snobby. LOL at "consolation prize"

Off topic; instead of me alwys quoting people, how can I mention you guys? I see I've been mentioned in a few posts with the @ symbol but how do I go bout doing that for others?

16 minutes ago, Sanni said:

Bar Refaeli should have shot for Victoria’s Secret WAY more than she did. One of the best bodies ever and a great swim and lingerie model. I don’t understand why VS did not book her unless it was about a (stupid) rivalry between SI and VS.

IDK if Bar would have been that much of a great spokesperson tho, I've always gotten the vibe that Bar is a solo player and I don't see her sharing the spotlight with six other women. I do agree she should have done more shoots, the one time she worked for Swim the pictures came out really nicely and her work with other lingerie brands was amazing, her last shoot for AP before she got pregnant was just perfect.

However IMO the biggest mistake VS has done was not signing Barbara Palvin, she was just pure perfection for the brand tbh, I'll never understand what went wrong there but it's a shame. 

As far as Pink goes, obviously my favorite there has been Elsa, then Behati, then Ale, then Miranda, but I think Grace is doing a good job nowdays, I just hope she doesn't get stuck there for three years, she'd be great for mainline as well. But I do think VS missed some great opportunities for pink with Daniela Osorio and Camila Morrone.

6 minutes ago, bump said:

Off topic; instead of me alwys quoting people, how can I mention you guys? I see I've been mentioned in a few posts with the @ symbol but how do I go bout doing that for others?

Just start typing @ and the person’s screenname that you want to mention and you should be able to pick the name from a list that appears. :smile:

14 minutes ago, Clauds said:

However IMO the biggest mistake VS has done was not signing Barbara Palvin, she was just pure perfection for the brand tbh, I'll never understand what went wrong there but it's a shame. 

100% x 100!!

She is still my favorite model, one of the few I can find nothing wrong with (ok her red carper style is usually pretty atrocious but I don't give one flying fuck about  fashion so I ignore that part of her lol). I just love looking at her pictures. She was fabulous for VS. If she had stayed on she would've been my favorite angel by a long shot.

I think she started partying too much and not taking her career seriously. I wonder if she showed up hungover to the set or something. her body is perfect but I can see the head honchos at VS not thinking that, I mean they had Karlie Kloss at the same time and most of the other VS models were mega skinny (still are but whatever, they look nice for the most part). I have nothing wrong with ultra skinny (my ex boyfriend was so thin when they did his chest piece tattoo the needle got stuck in his sternum bone wtf) but I like Barbara's curves. I am much thicker than she is but since I'm also toned I resemble her much more than Candice or Behati so if something looks good on Barbara, I have a better chance of it looking good on me. So I have all kinds of reasons why I like Barbara the most lol

Of course, the one who I think should have been selected to become an Angel over all the others who VS passed on is Barbara Palvin. All her peers became VS Angels: Taylor, Sara and Stella. I think Barbara has the look to be a Victoria’s Secret Angel but she would still be unique. And she’d fit right in with the big-name Angels.

To me she’d be like Candice and Rosie who looked like they belonged with the likes of Adriana, Alessandra, Miranda and Doutzen whereas models like Erin, Lindsay and Lily did not look like they should have been promoted to the level of being Victoria’s Secret Angels (Lily grew on me later).

I think Barbara would have looked great alongside the New Angels:

1 hour ago, Clauds said:

I've asked this before but who do you all think would have been good Angels but they passed on? As I said, both Brooklyn, Emanuela and Jarah would have been great IMO, currently they have Ming and Kelly Gale who I think would be interesting choices, and Hannah Ferguson who I think would fill the All-american bomb spot that has been empty since Marisa left

Hmm...good question Clauds!

Definitely without a doubt Barbara Palvin would be the number one that I think VS should not have passed on. However, we don't know what she did to have them cut her off like they did. Maybe she was too immature and not worth the investment? IDK but she looked the part more than any other actual angel ever could have.

I would say: Barbara Palvin, Cintia Dicker, Maria Borges, and Grace should've just gone straight to angel. I think Esti Ginzburg would've have done well. I have to disagree with Jarah and Kelly Gale, but Emanulea would've been a good choice.

Ming and wtf was the girl's name who closed this years PINK...those two should be PINK spokesmodels and Grace could've been an angel.

59 minutes ago, Clauds said:

But I do think VS missed some great opportunities for pink with Daniela Osorio and Camila Morrone.

THIS COMPLETELY. 

IMO not signing Barbara was a mistake, and I feel Daniela would have been really good for PINK alongside Grace and Zuri (altough Zuri is so boring). Continuing Stella, Martha and giving up Jac, I will never understand that. 

I think Barbara would have become really popular as a VS Angel similar to Candice, Taylor, and Adriana. She already had a (rabid) fanbase and the perfect doll looks for inspiring more young people to become fans of hers (#goals). Her looks are reminiscent of Brooke Shields and Natalia Vodianova and she has inevitably been compared to Adriana as any stunning young model with light eyes :D but she is still uniquely herself.

And surely long-time VS customers would not have found any bad words to say about her gorgeous face and her body that harkened back to classic VS Angels and their sensual lingerie shoots. VS’s loss!

Tier 1
1. Adriana
2. Gisele
3. Tyra
4. Alessandra
5. Karolina
6. Heidi
I consider them the most iconic angels as far as I'm concerned, yes I know the are other top models before them, but I didn't pay attention to VS before the early 2000s. For my list, as much as I consider Heidi great, her overexposure at some point (around 2006/07) turned me off and she started coming off as annoying.

Tier 2
1. Candice
2. Izabel
3. Doutzen
4. Lais
5. Josephine
6. Miranda
7. Marisa
8. Elsa
9. Behati
10. Sara
11. Rosie
I could have put Candice in the top tier but I consider her not quite at the level of the others just yet, although maybe it's just generational. All of them I think they do or did a good job for the brand but are not quite as famous as the top tier.

Tier 3
1. Karlie
2. Lily
3. Erin
4. Jac
5. Kate
6. Jasmine
7. Taylor
8. Selita
I like them, but not necessarily for VS. Karlie, Kate and Jac are better without VS than with them IMO.

Tier 4
1. Chanel
2. Lindsay
3. Martha
4. Romee
5. Stella
Don't like them with or without VS. Chanel wasn't my cup of tea in her HF days and VS didn't change my perception, the rest are cute blonds who do not interest me at all.

MY favs are:

Candice 

Adriana 

Gisele 

Tyra

Miranda

Rosie

Sara

Elsa

mixed feelings about : Taylor : beautiful face but zero sexappeal ,her VS pics are boring                                                same with her personality .

Josephine: great body but kinda of fake personality idk why she always                                                                 so extremely happy kinda cringy sometimes

Jasmine: pretty girl but nothing wow and super boring personality

Lais : body on point and thats it. 

the others: i dont know her (inserts mariah carey gif)

1 hour ago, Sanni said:

I think Barbara would have become really popular as a VS Angel similar to Candice, Taylor, and Adriana. She already had a (rabid) fanbase and the perfect doll looks for inspiring more young people to become fans of hers (#goals). Her looks are reminiscent of Brooke Shields and Natalia Vodianova and she has inevitably been compared to Adriana as any stunning young model with light eyes :D but she is still uniquely herself.

And surely long-time VS customers would not have found any bad words to say about her gorgeous face and her body that harkened back to classic VS Angels and their sensual lingerie shoots. VS’s loss!

But she was stupid enough to miss the show casting in 2013. VS werent gonna keep her around after that.

I really feel that they pass on Bregje, Barbara Palvin, & Vita as angels and

Dani Lopez for pink

Bregje has the best body of all current vs models/angels, those lucious full lip and her beautiful piercing blue eyes,  total. Bombshell  she has her own unique look that I like, would had been an awesome addition for their angel line up.

Palvin: would also have be a great addition to the group. That angelic face with those hypnotizing icy blue eyes and her hour glass figure, Would be nice to see more curvy models in their angel radar. 

Vita: that pretty face with a sweet smile, and a curvy bootie would had been lovely too see in the angel line up. 

Dani: for pink with that sweet innocent face cute smile with those dimples and her curvy booty is a good mix/combo for their angel radar. 

Models that VS missed to hire them:

Esti Ginzburg: would have love to see her modeling for them