Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

What exactly has Ale been doing from June 2012 to June 1013?

VS (barely)
London Fog
Colcci

These are basically the only things that would of added to the Forbes list this year.

Yes she's done a lot of editorials/covers but you aren't paid for those.

--- Before the June 2012 start up.
Hugo Boss
Monsoon
Vivara

This year work so far which should reflect on next years list (if she's making enough money off of each project)

KIO
H&M
Primavera
Arkitect Flowers

VS

Always Platinum

What exactly has Ale been doing from June 2012 to June 1013?

VS (barely)

London Fog

Colcci

These are basically the only things that would of added to the Forbes list this year.

Yes she's done a lot of editorials/covers but you aren't paid for those.

--- Before the June 2012 start up.

Hugo Boss

Monsoon

Vivara

This year work so far which should reflect on next years list (if she's making enough money off of each project)

KIO

H&M

Primavera

Arkitect Flowers

VS

Always Platinum

Ale, I love you but... why lol.

yeah that makes sense

I can perfectly understand if Adriana earned less than what she earned last year. Her and Gisele were both pregnant so they must have missed a job or two that was supposed to keep up with their earnings. And while other models stay out of the list when pregnant, they seem to get the cash either way. I can also understand Miranda getting that much because she’s been working like crazy. But lets not forget there’s Victoria’s Secret and David Jones money in there. She only stopped working for both companies months ago which means she was paid within the past 12 months by both companies.

BUT I don’t understand how Kate Moss, whose list of work (high profile at that) seem to be expanding by the year, dropped so painfully. How Doutzen has all the contracts but is nowhere in the list. And how Alessandra is out too. Alessandra might not be working that much for VS anymore but her sheer existence has to be making her more than what the newcomers in the list earn And Doutzen has to be the cheapest model in the world. I also don’t comprehend how Hilary/Joan/Wen are in and those ladies out. It can’t be because of their beauty contracts because Constance also has the same contract and they used her in most of their ads but she’s not in the list. And in high fashion, you’re overworked and underpaid. This list isn’t helping Forbes' credibility.

Whaaaat I didn't know that about Alessandra XD XD Usually a model or an actress starts out doing those commercials and hopes to move up in the world. In a way it's cute that she loves to work.

I gotta hand it out to those companies like Always and Lipton. If I had a less than top shelf product, I too would try to get a big model to be the face of it.

Lipton isn't a less then top shelf product lol It's one of the best selling tea's on the market in the world. They sell in 110 countries and are owned by PepsiCo. Miranda made a nice chuck of change working for them.

Last I checked Always wasn't a horrible company either lol Always Brand is owned by Procter & Gamble and their products are sold world wide. o.o

P&G brought in over 83 billion in 2012. That less then top shelf product seems to sale pretty damn well along side all of P&G other products.

For me and probably to most people they are in the boring everyday product category. More companies should try to elevate these kinds of grocery store products. The fact that Miranda's Lipton ad was in Japan and Alessandra's campaign was in Brazil proves that they know it's not the most blue chip work and should be kept at arm's length.

If I was a top model, I wouldn't mind paying contracts from companies like H&M, Versace, Colcci, but if we're honest here - they don't offer much compared to the big dick companies.

I'd want the big money companies. Yum Brands, Pepsi, Apple, Gillette, Exxon Mobil, Walmart, General Motors ect. Yes you may not be selling fashion, but if a company like Ford says we love you, we want you to work for us for the next two seasons and will give you 4 million each season... Hell yeah. The only "fashion" company that seems to be rolling big dick style and offering their models a larger amount of money other then VS is Ralph Lauren, and because of that ladies like Adriana and Valentina who make between 3-6 million a year off of one company don't have to work as much.. and can be a lot more picky about the jobs they choose.

These woman have nothing to prove in the fashion industry anymore.

Adriana has babies, and a family and barely works for 6 million a year... let that sink in! Let that capitalism wash over you... 

We should all be applauding woman like Adriana for their big dick moves in an industry that doesn't give a shit about them, or anyone else. GG Adriana! you've made it made GF.

Now if we can get Adriana & Kate U to pull a Miranda, Kathy Ireland or a Josie and sink a shit ton of money into a company that will return a profit after modeling... set for life.

I've always wondered why these big companies with a lot of money budgeted for marketing don't hire more models that have been proven to be successful at selling products. At most, you'll find out 10 years later that chick from a hit TV show was doing a commercial way back when. I would think that there would be enough models willing to take the work because they aren't trying to win an Oscar. I guess many companies are very conservative and fear chancing advertising strategy. But if you ever want to beat Coca-Cola you gotta live large...

Am i the only one who thinks it's BS that Kate Upton & Karlie Kloss are not in that list?

I see why Adriana is below Miranda this year because she was out of the game for her pregnancy and same for Gisele ... But with Miranda getting dropped by VS, DJ and Lipton i think she won't do this well next year.

I am surprised by Doutzen not making it, even if she isn't VS' top Angel, L'Oreal is still a big contract and she's done some other stuff so i think it's weird ... Alessandra was a surprised too but honestly, she hasn't had the greatest run in the last couple years.

Kate was once on a path of doing one random commercial after another but that seemed to change and she has gone for more editorial work. However, if she can get big movie money or a beauty contract who knows :D

Frankly the whole Doutzen thing makes her big clients Victoria's Secret and  L'Oreal look kinda bad. They used to take care of their girls and keep them at the top but now other models are passing by! :o

Yes, I think it's the brands we are used to seeing everywhere that everyone can afford that pay the most. It's because the make more money. Gucci and and the rest can act all classy and superior but brands like VS and H&M will continue raking all the money.

I don't think a Pizza Hut commercial is bad. What I think is bad is that detergent brand Miranda worked with in Japan, was it? But hey they paid her well I assume.

Forbes can never explain how Doutzen is out of the list.

Also, Kate and Karlie aren't there because they ddi't make that much. Sit back and think about Kate's work within the past year. She gets money jobs but so does so many other girls. She has a movie coming up so that's something.

... Candice can go DIAF and stay the fuck away from my all-time favorite anime :Dinah:

You have great taste hun :gocho:

And on the Forbes list I'm kinda surprised Doutzen make the top 10. I guess VS and L'Oreal sort of give their models sort of what they think they should get by what their names or whatever can bring to the company because let be real Doutzen is a really successful model but still to this day is not really that well known or popular like a lot of other models. Idk just my guess and maybe like Pretty said VS and some other companies aren't the big money makers anymore like they use to be. And I understand why Ale didn't make the top 10 girl just hasn't been bringing it like a veteran should theses past couple of years and I guess VS did to her what they did to Doutzen's contract. :/

Full List

1. Gisele Bundchen Annual Earnings:$42 million
  2. Miranda Kerr Annual Earnings: $7.2 million
  3. Adriana Lima Annual Earnings: $6 million
  4. Kate Moss Annual Earnings: $5.7 million
  5. Liu Wen Annual Earnings: $4.3 million
  6. Hilary Rhoda Annual Earnings: $4 million
  7. Carolyn Murphy Annual Earnings: $3.6 million
  8. Joan Smalls Annual Earnings: $3.5 million
  9. Candice Swanepoel Annual Earnings: $3.3 million
  10. Lara Stone Annual Earnings: $3.2 million

...............................Damn at Gisele's earnings :O_O:

Am i the only one who thinks it's BS that Kate Upton & Karlie Kloss are not in that list?

Let's think about this for a second, if those are legit financial gains and losses then the ladies would of had to sign off on allowing how much they made before and after taxes to be released to the public (their accountants sure aren't going to say anything without permission). If they are nothing more then specialization based on good guesses then that's a whole other matter.

Now if those Forbes numbers are in fact legit, then what kind of intelligent person would give out such personal info knowing it's going to be made public? (unless she's a little "slow" and or needs to flex her epeen).

Kate Upton comes from a family who is used to being subjected to the whims of the media in the political arena, Kate is also the granddaughter of a billionaire and growing up was taught; the less people know the better, not only is a persons finances no one's business, but keeping quiet is also the classier thing to do. Those with real money don't talk about finances.

And Karlie strikes me as someone intelligent and probably followed the same queues as Kate.

I'll stand by this... the min Kate makes one of these lists, the numbers are bullshit

I think they contact their agents, not the actual girls. Since Lara Stone is on the list, and she's been pregnant a much larger portion then Adriana has during the time of taking this info, so that seems surprising as well. I'm quite surprised at Hilary, she's barely been used in recent Estee Lauder ads, all I see is Constance, Constance and Constance so this list seems like a load of crap.  :idk:

Let's think about this for a second, if those are legit financial gains and losses then the ladies would of had to sign off on allowing how much they made before and after taxes to be released to the public (their accountants sure aren't going to say anything without permission). If they are nothing more then specialization based on good guesses then that's a whole other matter.

Now if those Forbes numbers are in fact legit, then what kind of intelligent person would give out such personal info knowing it's going to be made public? (unless she's a little "slow" and or needs to flex her epeen).

Kate Upton comes from a family who is used to being subjected to the whims of the media in the political arena, Kate is also the granddaughter of a billionaire and growing up was taught; the less people know the better, not only is a persons finances no one's business, but keeping quiet is also the classier thing to do. Those with real money don't talk about finances.

And Karlie strikes me as someone intelligent and probably followed the same queues as Kate.

I'll stand by this... the min Kate makes one of these lists, the numbers are bullshit

I agree and that's why I think it's BS.

Adriana is obviously not the smartest cookie from the jar but this is the same woman who took 11 months to show her daughter and lives -literally- in a private Island because she is that careful with anything not related to work, so somehow I doubt she is letting the Forbes people know how much money she is making.

And then Karlie, there is no way in hell she is not making enough to make the cut, she has VS, her Karlie's Kookies, she has a denim line now and she's gotten every campaign under the sun in the last year as well as a very good amount of editorials/covers every month and with her being a big name industry I doubt she is doing all those jobs for pennies, I'm sure she along with Kate & Joan Smalls are the three 'new' girls with the highest rate per job right now, so the fact that Upton & Karlie are out says a lot about how legit the list is IMO.

I've always thought those list are assumptions from the magazine and they truly have no idea of how much money those girls make :idk:

One of the older articles stated they contact agencies/managers. Probably why Ed, and this year Ivan Bart are always quoted.

Kate has had a whirlwind year but it seems more editorial/publicity wise. SHe doesnt have a huge beauty/lingerie contract. David Yurman may count for next year.

And with alessandra, she wasnt even offered the mega Colcci contract, Ashton Kutcher was according to Brazilian press. It seems shes always second fiddle.

I'm glad that Kate's career turned out this way because I remember being a little concerned for her for awhile there. The money is hard to resist but there is a risk of burning out if you do too many commercials. (That's why celebrities go to Japan to get big money.) The risk of selling out is naturally higher for actors etc. but even for models it can be bad if it lowers their brand value.

It all worked out well for Kate in the end because she was able to transition to editorials and women's magazine covers and the commercials she did (not all bad by any means) were able to prove how many views she can get on Youtube and mentions on different sites which surely helped her secure her Superbowl commercial + teaser (a car ad meant for a younger generation). For longevity, it's better to hold out for bigger things instead of agreeing to advertise for all kinds of mundane products. If Linda Evangelista had churned out "Pizza Hut" commercials, she at 40 something years old would not have secured a big cosmetics contract.

I think the numbers might be more accurate in regard to models who are directly involved in a business because then Forbes can access some company records and numbers whereas most models seem to have one on one contracts with clients and those numbers are more or less a ball park figure.

PS. Karlie's Kookies is in part charity so I'm not sure to what extent it's a serious business vs. a passion and a hobby that is making money on the side.