Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

Ok so we know they're filming the musical performances and they're doing interviews and stuff. So are they actually doing a runway show? Or is it just a hour special with music and different interviews, profiles, watching them work etc? To me seems like that's what they're doing and not an actual show.

Ok so we know they're filming the musical performances and they're doing interviews and stuff. So are they actually doing a runway show? Or is it just a hour special with music and different interviews, profiles, watching them work etc? To me seems like that's what they're doing and not an actual show.

I'm starting to think that as well.

Getting a little over the #somethingbigiscoming thing, though. Time to announce what it is and not drag it out more. 

Like I said earlier, I don't think it'll be a show. They've already got 5 days of filming at the last location, have another 4 here, and will probably have 4 or 5 days of material from the last location. That's way more than they need for general promotional material, plus they've already taped one of the musical performances, which they wouldn't do for a show. We've also seen some of the girls in lingerie, and it makes no sense to have a show with both swim and lingerie when they already have one runway show "showcasing" the lingerie.

I'm kind of hoping they have the special and then maybe announce a magazine with it or something. That would be cool and piss SI off lol.

To be fair, Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition is culturally untouchable in the States. I highly doubt they will come anywhere close to SI if they would to go their rout.

Still, nothing wrong with some good competition. It's a win-win for us.

Actually, VS can  outshine SI in the near future if they pull this one off. They should have  tonne of financial resources at their disposal which gives them ability to put SI to shame.  At the very least, SI would be compelled to follow suit and have their Behind the scenes special broadcast on a popular TV  channel from this point on lol.

I agree with Schemer and I am puzzled why you guys want VS to "piss SI off" and why you see SI as being in competition with VS. SI may promote the swimwear their models are wearing, but they are not selling swimwear. Or do you mean competition for the models they are using. Why do you feel this way about SI? Did I miss something?

I think there is definitely some rivalry there. Sure SI aren't necessarily a company but they are a model focused brand that have been going for a very long time. Take away Beyonce being on the cover and using athletes, just like VS they are the only brand that focuses on the models. And they make models/supermodels just like VS do. Or have in the past. SI and VS are the two biggest events each year that involve models and getting models out there to the general public. So it's fun speculating. And VS bringing out major swimsuit stuff around Feb/March just as SI launch their swimsuit magazine. Come on that is just hilarious and so fun.

Also schemer while I do agree SI is huge there is one thing that VS have over SI and that's the major female demographic. Not that there aren't women who don't buy SI and enjoy it. Because there are plenty on BZ but VS has a larger appeal to the general public. Men and women of all ages watch the VS show whether they are into models or not. Compared to SI which is primarily marketed to men. So if VS were to release a magazine I think it would sell very well.

VS bringing out a swimsuit magazine around Feb/March would be the act of a company using its financial muscle to crush its opposition in order to create a monopoly.

I doubt its even a magazine anyway. VS have swim and want to sell it and a swim special just like their lingerie special will bring profits. It's just the timing is right around SI so no matter what there will be comparisons.