Bellazon

Adriana Lima googlefight

schadenfreude

i didn't follow the rules properly, but i'm sure everyone will enjoy this one (she lost):

http://googlefight.com/index.php?lang=en_G...adriana+lima%22

if i find a model who beats her i'll post....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

interesting...her hits actually went down for this one...not that she would've won anyway...but she went from over a million to under... :huh:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

the reason her hits went down is because i put her name in quotes ("adriana lima"). putting the names in quotes is the only way to be sure you're really returning search results for her name, and not pages that have the word "adriana" and "lima" on different parts of the page (meaning that it might not be a page about her).

i'm a google search professional!!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

excellent work nyc (Y)

With the quotes in place, we now have very different results.

"Adriana Lima" beats "Cindy Crawford".

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thats really odd

and to be honest...annoying

cindy should beat adriana hands down...wth is happening to the world nowadays????

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have been to many, many forums.

Italian, French and even Belgian sites and forums that have a special "Adriana Lima" section.

Adriana Lima ONLY.

The other models are usually jumbled up in a general model forum.

For example, Double Agent has an Adriana Lima 'shrine', but they don't seem to have shrines of other models. (EDIT: Not sure how the shrine function work, but it's not of Adriana Lima currently.)

Also as pointed out in WFT, most newcomers tend to have Adriana Lima avatars.

With the quotes in place, we now have very different results.

"Adriana Lima" beats "Cindy Crawford".

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thats really odd

and to be honest...annoying

cindy should beat adriana hands down...wth is happening to the world nowadays????

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have been to many, many forums.

Italian, French and even Belgian sites and forums that have a special "Adriana Lima" section.

Adriana Lima ONLY.

The other models are usually jumbled up in a general model forum.

For example, Double Agent has an Adriana Lima 'shrine', but they don't seem to have shrines of other models.

Also as pointed out in WFT, most newcomers tend to have Adriana Lima avatars.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

well i think this is really bugging me b/c well...cindy is way way WAY more famous than adriana lima....seriously...if u dont know who the heck cindy crawford is, u better have been living under a friggen rock OR not born...OR both :p

let me propose my theory on this:

cindy crawford was huge in the mid-80's and early 90's, before the internet existed in its current form (or even existed at all).  she's a classic model who is much more famous in the overall history of modeling and fashion, but she's not relevant today the way adraian is, and millions of horny teenagers who use the internet are not talking about her on forums!

if the 18 year-old cindy went into the future in a delorean, using a reverse-flux capacitor (to our present), and starred in victoria's secret ads, you can bet she would give adriana a run for her money.

i rest my case!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ur argument would work if claudia schiffer didnt beat out adriana.

cindy is more famous and more relevant (and probably always will be more relevant) than miss schiffer.

• 1 year later...