Bellazon

The "What Are You Thinking About Right Now?" PIP

Francesca

On 8/15/2022 at 6:51 AM, Cult Icon said:

S1 to me is a compete story, with great writing, a lot of insight and meaning.  It's organized.  After I finished it I felt very satisfied and impressed.

S2 was confused in its messages, and also with unnecessary violence.  There are parts of a great season but significant stuff that doesn't unify the story and seem like they were done because the director thought it was clever.  So as a story it is convoluted and messy, with a lot of loose ends if I recall.

I also immediately disliked Dolores' in S2 which is pretty big.  Ed Harris and Ford were the most interesting aspects about S2 for me.  I may have come back for S3 if they continued in the same setting but they changed it completely.

I really enjoyed S2, to be honest, even more than S1. 

S3 is really different from anything we have seen so far, in a good way. I like the futuristic cyberpunk vibes. Perhaps my favorite season so far, it all comes down to the finale, but I have a feeling that we are gonna witness something big happening.   

1 hour ago, Matt! said:

I'm sure the macroeconomic projections aren't as bad as they may seem, so sit tight and have a protein drink.:Amelie_wft:

I haven't seen any optimist projections (the tsunamis seem to be numerous: energy crisis, raw material crisis, agriculture crisis...).

Anyway, macroeconomists have been wrong many times (BTW macroeconomics was my first job, I ended up thinking it can only predict the past - and barely at that :nicole:)

-----

What type of protein drink are you talking about? Whey? Do you find it really useful if you already eat enough protein through your meals?  I'm wondering  :idk:

5 hours ago, Enrico_sw said:

What type of protein drink are you talking about? Whey? Do you find it really useful if you already eat enough protein through your meals?  I'm wondering  

what did you do in macroeconomics?

I'll answer for me, not Matt!:  Whey is a very cheap and quick-absorbing protein.  I think it definitely helps post-workout for repairing the muscles.  

However it is probably better to eat meat.

6 hours ago, Matt! said:

I really enjoyed S2, to be honest, even more than S1. 

S3 is really different from anything we have seen so far, in a good way. I like the futuristic cyberpunk vibes. Perhaps my favorite season so far, it all comes down to the finale, but I have a feeling that we are gonna witness something big happening.   

Tell me how S4 is.  I heard it is better than S3.  

9 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

what did you do in macroeconomics?

I was working on country analysis and energy markets. I mostly did scientific studies before that (though I had economics credentials too). With this type of background, I guess it's important to quickly understand that economics is not like physics... It doesn't mean it's not useful (I think it really is), but I guess your "critical thinking" skills need to be highly developed (and maybe it's good to always try to consider things with a grain of salt).

9 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

I'll answer for me, not Matt!:  Whey is a very cheap and quick-absorbing protein.  I think it definitely helps post-workout for repairing the muscles.  

However it is probably better to eat meat.

I know lots of guys who drink whey.  It's true it's very cheap when considering the price per gram of protein.

On 8/19/2022 at 9:20 AM, Enrico_sw said:

I was working on country analysis and energy markets. I mostly did scientific studies before that (though I had economics credentials too). With this type of background, I guess it's important to quickly understand that economics is not like physics... It doesn't mean it's not useful (I think it really is), but I guess your "critical thinking" skills need to be highly developed (and maybe it's good to always try to consider things with a grain of salt).

I know lots of guys who drink whey.  It's true it's very cheap when considering the price per gram of protein.

Was this work for internal consumption or was it part of a paid report service?

IMHO Macroeconomics comes across as having a lot of over-intellectualization, which is gigantic waste of time.  What is useful is fairly simple and straightforward- reliable sources of data.

Whey is a bit odd to me. While the label may say "30 grams of protein", my body tells me that it's more like 20-15 grams of meat.

On 8/19/2022 at 6:42 AM, Cult Icon said:

Tell me how S4 is.  I heard it is better than S3.  

Just finished S4. In my opinion it wasn't as good as S3, the season finale was great. I highly recommend you to watch both seasons.  

22 hours ago, Matt! said:

Just finished S4. In my opinion it wasn't as good as S3, the season finale was great. I highly recommend you to watch both seasons.  

I'll take a look then.

Are you going to watch Fire and Blood & Rings of Power?

I am more hyped for Rings of Power, I like Galadriel.

m2j519chyqpohluitief.jpg

I have been playing around with this new microphone.  It's a dynamic microphone, and is really good at noise cancelation.  So it doesn't pick up the noise of fans, outdoors, etc.  It also projects the voice pretty well and gives it base.

WARNING GRAPHIC

It's not a "non-functioning penis." I am so sick of this shit!! I wish we would quit giving ground in language, the more we give, the more assholes win.. This is limb flesh grafted onto the crotch in a tube shape. Franken-schlonger?

This is like ww2 Nazi experiment shit and people are okaying this for kids as young as 6.  We are raising a new generation of kids being groomed by their parents for woke points and bragging rights on social media, and sady when these kids become adults and decide they aren't the opposite sex like mom/dad/media said they were I expect a lot of  angry, frustrated, and depressed adults committing suicide, and or killing their parents/doctors.... mark my words. :(

Spoiler

image_2022_08_24T00_38_13_234Z.png