Bellazon

The "What Are You Thinking About Right Now?" PIP

Francesca

3 hours ago, Enrico_sw said:

It's like the Indian caste system, there are lots of instances like that. It's weird to us, but maybe stuff like this will come back. Who knows... I certainly don't know how the world is going to evolve. Some of the new zeitgeists seem so weird to me.  I guess it's better to spend energy on our inner circles (family, friends, work, sport partners, etc.)

I was wondering if I was gonna buy AC Valhalla. I haven't finished Odyssey yet, but I was starting to plan the next one. I like parts of the AC formula (narrative gameplay, historical, etc.) but it's true some other parts are annoying (to me it's the fact that the game is too easy). Do you have good feedbacks on the game? :idk:

To me Ghost of Tsushima is one of the best AC games (even if it's not AC).

The weirdest thing is gay pederasty.  The vast majority of men are hetereosexual.  This means that there could have been some kind of social pressure to do these activities.

Another aspect that I picked up on is how in Zeno's fragments he rebukes men for having sex with their slaves by saying it's not good for their marriage ! But then qualifies this by saying- even though, you can do whatever you want as they are your slaves after all..

Agreed on how weird things are.  I could have never predicted 2020/2021.  

I think people like AC Valhalla but at the same time compare it unfavorably to the Witcher 3, which they see as knocking off some elements. I heard it is very long and has a lot of content.  The gameplay is pedestrian and lacking.  I have personally not watched the game.

Yeah GOT is excellent and like AC.  They should have included a mode that was more difficult.

Recently I finished the audiobooks for Confucius Analects and the Mengzi.  These are 2 of the 4 classic works of Confucianism.

I liked the Mengzi far more than the sayings of Confucius.  Minus some dated aspects they are remarkably contemporary and the wisdom on honor, politics, family, social relations and social action are timeless and relevant today.   However some aspects are not for everyone.

Confucius is very much about day to day life in society and simple pleasures, and not about metaphysical, psychological, or philosophical depth from an individualist perspective.  He says "Why ask about ghosts, spirits, and death when you don't even know about life"?   It is interesting how these theories define the Chinese.  It is very practical, business-like and would be regarded as sound family and community ethics worldwide.  

My dad voted Democrat in the election...... Something he would never have done if he were still alive.:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: 

Any time a woman has to use the word “prissy” in describing her husband, she’s got more to worry about than sex masks.  :rofl:  :rofl: 

On 5/27/2021 at 1:50 PM, Cult Icon said:

How is he now?

The way people react to the vaccine is so random.  My parents had zero reaction to the vaccine.

Doing alright today. Thanks for asking. 
Fid your parents get the Pfizer or Moderma?

19 minutes ago, Stromboli1 said:

He's gonna raise taxes for people who make $400k or more though. :rofl:

You mean the job makers? These fucking moron assholes don't understand basic economics. The Great Reset was just a "conspiracy theory" right? Well it seems to be coming closer and closer to becoming our reality.  My grocery bill has always between 400 to 600 dollars a month... It was $933 this month and I didn't buy anything more then I normally would buy. A pound of hamburger went from 3.37$ to 4.20$ in three weeks. If this is just the beginning of inflation, I'm scared to see what 3 1/2 more years of Creepy Uncle Joe and Heels Up Harris will do to my pocket book.

15 minutes ago, Prettyphile said:

You mean the job makers? These fucking moron assholes don't understand basic economics. The Great Reset was just a "conspiracy theory" right? Well it seems to be coming closer and closer to becoming our reality.  My grocery bill has always between 400 to 600 dollars a month... It was $933 this month and I didn't buy anything more then I normally would buy. A pound of hamburger went from 3.37$ to 4.20$ in three weeks. If this is just the beginning of inflation, I'm scared to see what 3 1/2 more years of Creepy Uncle Joe and Heels Up Harris will do to my pocket book.

Inflation is definitely a tax on the middle & lower class................... once a monthly food bill goes past a certain percentage of people's monthly budgets is when revolutions happen.

1 minute ago, CandleVixen said:

At least the clothing won’t be polyester double knit…. 

I'd take the ugly unflattering unwearable polyester over Biden and his Administration any day... I cannot stress this enough.