Bellazon

The "What Are You Thinking About Right Now?" PIP

Francesca

1 minute ago, Stromboli1 said:

She's gonna use her cards on you cause she can't do anything else. :nicole:

I don't understand why she has so many fans (she's pretty, but that's it - and that's certainly not enough to be a politician!). She's an extremist with an angel face. :/

3 hours ago, Enrico_sw said:

I started playing Dark Souls 3 :bounce:

Since Cyberpunk is not going to be there before long (maybe next year..................), I had to find a new game. This one is a classic, but I didn't really know it and I like it a lot!

Dark souls 3 is one of the greatest games ever made and a brilliant work of art.  It is really a culmination of the work done for several games.  Bloodborne is incredible, too.  These two are great like Sekiro.  I like DS3 the most though.  The second expansion "Ringed City" is inspired by Dante's Divine Comedy.

Demon Souls remake is coming out soon and  youtube will have walkthroughs this week. Demon Souls was sort of proto-Dark souls.  The latter was a huge success.

3 minutes ago, CandleVixen said:

RIP Alex Trebek. You fought hard, and for a long time; 1.5 years with that shitty type of cancer. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/alex-trebek-dead-stars-pay-tribute-to-jeopardy-host/ss-BB1aOmEL?li=BBnbfcL

what!!! I'm surprised.

He was hosting Jeopardy until the end and looking active & good at his job.

1 hour ago, Cult Icon said:

what!!! I'm surprised.

He was hosting Jeopardy until the end and looking active & good at his job.

He lasted a lot longer than most who contract Pancreatic Cancer. 
He may have progressed fast, last I saw he was going strong.

10 hours ago, CandleVixen said:

He lasted a lot longer than most who contract Pancreatic Cancer. 
He may have progressed fast, last I saw he was going strong.

His new Jeopardy episodes were still airing last week.  He always looked in good shape for Jeopardy .

11 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

Dark souls 3 is one of the greatest games ever made and a brilliant work of art.  It is really a culmination of the work done for several games.  Bloodborne is incredible, too.  These two are great like Sekiro.  I like DS3 the most though.  The second expansion "Ringed City" is inspired by Dante's Divine Comedy.

Demon Souls remake is coming out soon and  youtube will have walkthroughs this week. Demon Souls was sort of proto-Dark souls.  The latter was a huge success.

I can definitely see the filiation with Sekiro, though DS3 seems "easier" because you can have ranged attacks, powers and shields (Sekiro is mostly the katana, the handtools are very limited). I have to get used to the combat mechanics, because it's much much more complicated than Sekiro's. It's also more diverse (many weapons, powers, etc.). I kinda randomly make my choices so far, even if I know it's irreversible.

The graphics look a bit old, cause it's an old game, but I still like it. Sekiro is much more beautiful though. I don't understand anything about the lore, except that we're supposed to be play an unkindled, that has to find Lords of cinders and that we must kill a bunch of monsters to do so....:ninja:

Have you played it and if so, which playstyle did you choose?

42 minutes ago, Stromboli1 said:

Gina Carano has way bigger balls than Pedro Pascal.

Do tell! Links? 

46 minutes ago, Stromboli1 said:

The media should've never called the race for either candidate as it was irresponsible to do so, but I see their play though.

wWe all knew it was too soon, it used to be once all votes were counted. 

Damn! I’m sounding like my mother now! :p

2 minutes ago, CandleVixen said:

Do tell! Links?

Look at their Twitter feeds.

3 minutes ago, CandleVixen said:

wWe all knew it was too soon, it used to be once all votes were counted. 

Damn! I’m sounding like my mother now! :p

Yep, I hate the MSM in this country besides not trusting them either.

On 11/10/2020 at 10:16 AM, Enrico_sw said:

@Cult Icon  I love playing Dark Souls 3. There are so much game mechanics to discover. Which type of build did you play?

For the moment, I think I'll go with an hybrid build, but there are so much things to learn.

I haven't played games since 2014- that's when I quit.  I like games too much.  So I follow games by watching youtube.  Fightincowboy on youtube is a souls maniac and has a lot of build videos there.  

From watching others play DS2/DS3 looks to be the most diverse souls- like game.

On 11/9/2020 at 10:35 AM, Enrico_sw said:

The graphics look a bit old, cause it's an old game, but I still like it. Sekiro is much more beautiful though. I don't understand anything about the lore, except that we're supposed to be play an unkindled, that has to find Lords of cinders and that we must kill a bunch of monsters to do so....:ninja:

Sekiro is considered harder than DS3 .  However DS3 had (has?) a vibrant multiplayer so there were a lot of duel action and co-op going on.  

The design concept behind FROMSOFTWARE's games like Bloodborne, Dark Souls, Demon Souls etc.  is that they keep the lore ambiguous which intentionally fosters a certain sense of mystery and awe.  So in the way the player pieces together their own interpretation of what is going on behind the scenes. EG. the environments, enemies, bosses, and items all are connected to various stories.   Sekiro was actually the most straightward game as far as lore goes.  

The lore "puzzles" were largely solved on Reddit and a well known youtube channel called Vaati (Spelling?) has a lot of well made videos describing what is going on. 

Of all the Western/Eastern/mythological influences on Souls lore, the most fundamental to me is Dante's Divine Comedy.  Dante goes to hell and travels through purgatory and to heaven.  Meets a lot a strange and mysterious sights, creatures and people. Souls is a bit like that.  My interpretation is that the player is a warrior that died in the human world and finds himself in purgatory and finds himself destined to somehow change the cyclical patterns in that world.  The environments, humans, undead, and monsters that he encounters are trapped there for their own particular reasons.   At the end he "ascends" - could be either to another world or into another form.

+ I really like the DS3 soundtrack.  A few years ago I listened to it a lot.   It has a sublime theme (horror and awe).

7 minutes ago, Cult Icon said:

I haven't played games since 2014- that's when I quit.  I like games too much.  So I follow games by watching youtube.  Fightincowboy on youtube is a souls maniac and has a lot of build videos there.  

From watching others play DS2/DS3 looks to be the most diverse souls- like game.

Not trying to bash you and others who do that, I just don't understand it. :idk:

The most I do is look up a tip on YouTube how to do something/find something.