Bellazon

The "What Are You Thinking About Right Now?" PIP

Francesca

1 minute ago, Stromboli1 said:

Not trying to bash you and others who do that, I just don't understand it. :idk:

The most I do is look up a tip on YouTube how to do something/find something.

Gaming is too time and energy consuming for me so I use youtube.    

21 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

Demon Souls remake (PS5 ) has come out  hype!

That looks awesome, but it's on PS5... not on PC. :dry:

I don't want to buy another console while my PC (and most people's PC) is already more powerful than the new consoles :/

21 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

Gaming is too time and energy consuming for me so I use youtube.    

I don't manage to watch a youtuber play a game... I know Alina Rin and Marz, because they're hot, but even their videos, I can't watch them for more than a couple of minutes. However, I watch gamers' "tests" on youtube. This I do, because some youtubers make great tests, much better than gaming journalists.

Gaming journalists are bad.  They don't know anything about gaming, they hate gamers (they openly say so) and they keep politicizing everything. But Gaming should (mostly) remain a counter culture, as it was always meant to be.

BTW, I really love Dark Souls 3.

22 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

Sekiro is considered harder than DS3 .  However DS3 had (has?) a vibrant multiplayer so there were a lot of duel action and co-op going on. 

Agreed. Sekiro was harder, because there's only one playstyle: it's mostly katana fight. The tools are useful at some very specific moments, but you can't go far if you don't manage the katana.

In DS3, you have many play styles. For example, if you're bad at parrying, you can always roll. In Sekiro, if you can't parry, you can't play. DS3 is very fluid and you can't change your course while playing. In Sekiro, hitting the wrong button at the wrong moment can often mean that you lose half your health. :laugh:

22 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

+ I really like the DS3 soundtrack.  A few years ago I listened to it a lot.   It has a sublime theme (horror and awe).

I've only heared the track at firelink shrink (which is good) and the tracks during boss fights. They didn't seem to have many others. The gameplay looks to be mostly without music :idk:

On 11/12/2020 at 5:30 PM, Enrico_sw said:

BTW, I really love Dark Souls 3.

what do you think of the artwork/design?

To me that is the most outstanding part besides the gameplay.  It should be savored and it is stimulating.   

I can't think of any other franchise that invokes Wabi-sabi and Zen principles (beauty of ruins and decay, ambiguity and lack of trust towards narratives) as well as From Software games.  Instead of framing the game around a narrative story they removed the concept of straightforward narratives completely.  I don't think a Western company would have done this.  This also saves a lot of cost in making hours long cutscenes- like a keep it simple, get to the chase type of philosophy.

Another influence I believe are the artwork of Dore used to illustrated the Divine Comedy:

http://www.worldofdante.org/gallery_dore.html

Yes, the boss music is really unique, and there are tons of unique bosses (eg. around 20 plus) in all of the FROMSOFTWARE games.

On 11/12/2020 at 5:38 PM, Enrico_sw said:

Agreed. Sekiro was harder, because there's only one playstyle: it's mostly katana fight. The tools are useful at some very specific moments, but you can't go far if you don't manage the katana.

In DS3, you have many play styles. For example, if you're bad at parrying, you can always roll. In Sekiro, if you can't parry, you can't play. DS3 is very fluid and you can't change your course while playing. In Sekiro, hitting the wrong button at the wrong moment can often mean that you lose half your health. :laugh:

Sekiro is faster and rather punishing.  I did notice the parrying too.  Bloodborne is more diverse than Sekiro but less diverse than Souls.  It's kind of inbetween.  Like Sekiro it's also faster than Souls.  

A lot of souls players like to use the ridiculously long swords for an easier time.  While slow they do a lot of damage and have good reach.  It seems like the short ranged weapons are the hardest to use effectively.  

On 11/12/2020 at 4:25 PM, Enrico_sw said:

That looks awesome, but it's on PS5... not on PC. :dry:

I don't want to buy another console while my PC (and most people's PC) is already more powerful than the new consoles :/

I watched quite a bit yesterday.  EXCELLENT graphics, probably the best out of all the souls games. What they essentially did was to update the graphics for PS5 and rebuild the game with the DS3 engine.  The end result is a very good looking game.  However, since they have to keep loyal to the fact that it's a remake, there are some dated elements.  The bosses are updated with PS5 graphics and DS3 dynamics, overall a very good remake.

12 hours ago, Stromboli1 said:

I've seen journalists talking and laughing about it. That's what happens when people see the world as good vs. evil. They think they're the good guys, so the end justifies the means... Even if the "means" are to take a dump on democracy. Democrats like democracy only when they win.

The "good" guys' utopia does look like a dystopia. Censoring, lying, making lists: all good, if you are part of the good guys. :ninja:

What a wonderful world.:Amelie_wft:

53 minutes ago, Enrico_sw said:

I've seen journalists talking and laughing about it. That's what happens when people see the world as good vs. evil. They think they're the good guys, so the end justifies the means... Even if the "means" are to take a dump on democracy. Democrats like democracy only when they win.

The "good" guys' utopia does look like a dystopia. Censoring, lying, making lists: all good, if you are part of the good guys. :ninja:

What a wonderful world.:Amelie_wft:

I guarantee if Biden takes the reins, America will refortify it's prescience in the Middle East and there will be more wars, bombings, and drone strikes. 

Guess what that means?