Bellazon

The "What Are You Thinking About Right Now?" PIP

Francesca

6 hours ago, SympathysSilhouette said:

But Star Wars is space opera. It has always been space opera, even under Lucas.

Whilst "The Expanse" (which I consider to be the best sci-fi show on the air myself) is very much hard sci-fi.

So it makes sense that no iteration of Star Wars looks or feels like "The Expanse". It's not suppose to.

That was not the point... :ermm:

The point is that Star Wars is a waste of money, because of bad writing and woke culture (that mostly produces despair within the fandom). On the other hand, the Expanse is a great quality show. We don't want Star Wars to look like the Expanse; we want dumb politics and woke culture out of our favorite franchise, and, we want shows/movies with good writing, like the Expanse.

I was just saying that if Star Wars money had been put on the Expanse, it would've been a much better use. Star Wars (under woke KK and untalented Rian/JJ) has been a waste of resources.

1 hour ago, Enrico_sw said:

I was just saying that if Star Wars money had been put on the Expanse, it would've been a much better use. Star Wars (under woke KK and untalented Rian/JJ) has been a waste of resources.

Also, there's another interesting difference between the Expanse and Disney's Star Wars:

- The Expanse respects the fans, so the fans returned the favor: they saved the show.

- Disney (particularly Kathleen Kennedy and Rian) are condescending/insulting to the fans. So, the fans gradually stop caring for SW and the movie sales keep decreasing. If KK/Disney were smart, they'd get that. They'd also understand that wokeness is a franchise killer... but, they're dumb, so they think " people are just tired" :smoker:

"Get woke, go broke"  :rolleyes: but they don't get this. Disney hasn't collapsed yet, because it's too big, but the mammoth mouse will slim, slowly, over time... then we'll see.

@Stromboli1

@SympathysSilhouette

I can't see any scenario where that is a sustainable diet unless one has some rare genetic disorder.  If it was nuts/fish/chicken/vegetables diet then maybe it has some basis.

The promoters of this diet show how much body fat they lost, which is obvious.  Less obvious is how anyone could do this for more than a short period of time.

51 minutes ago, Cult Icon said:

@Stromboli1

@SympathysSilhouette

I can't see any scenario where that is a sustainable diet unless one has some rare genetic disorder.  If it was nuts/fish/chicken/vegetables diet then maybe it has some basis.

The promoters of this diet show how much body fat they lost, which is obvious.  Less obvious is how anyone could do this for more than a short period of time.

You can actually eat more of a variety on this diet than you think. I agree that no one follows any form of diet for more than 4-6 weeks due to plateauing, boredom, cravings, etc.

The carnivore diet is as crazy as the vegan diet...

Most people I know in biology say the same thing: we are an opportunistic species that has always been omnivorous. The best diet for most people is just based on a handful of principles: a) eat a little of everything (vegetables, fruits, meat, fish, cheese etc.), b) DON'T eat processed food  and c) try to limit sugar (and get your sugar intakes from fruits).

42 minutes ago, Enrico_sw said:

The carnivore diet is as crazy as the vegan diet...

Most people I know in biology say the same thing: we are an opportunistic species that has always been omnivorous. The best diet for most people is just based on a handful of principles: a) eat a little of everything (vegetables, fruits, meat, fish, cheese etc.), b) DON'T eat processed food  and c) try to limit sugar (and get your sugar intakes from fruits).

yep, it's not that difficult and these fad diets have it wrong.

Vegan diet is do-able but unpleasant, because the protein source has to come from soy (with some supplements from low quality protein sources like nuts and beans) all the time. 

Buddhist monks are vegan and have long lives.  

shaolin-diet2.jpg

53 minutes ago, Stromboli1 said:

You can actually eat more of a variety on this diet than you think. I agree that no one follows any form of diet for more than 4-6 weeks due to plateauing, boredom, cravings, etc.

No point to be on this diet then...

10 minutes ago, SympathysSilhouette said:

The Orville is a better Star Trek show than either Discovery or Picard. :rofl:

Star Trek is run by Bad Robot idiots, need to throw the whole Kelvin timeline out.

Also I read Seth MacFarlane will try to acquire the rights to Star Trek for NBC.

17 minutes ago, Cult Icon said:

No point to be on this diet then...

I'd say it's the same for every diet fad unless for medical reasons.

Like I said before......... it's only a matter of time before we get a personalized diet based on our DNA for longevity and optimal perfomance.

26 minutes ago, SympathysSilhouette said:

The Orville is a better Star Trek show than either Discovery or Picard. :rofl:

ST Disovery is bad for many reasons, mostly because of lazy writing (not to mention the "usual" modern problem...) They disrespect the legacy, but that's nothing compared to ST Picard where they completely denatured one of the best characters in ST (especially in ep. 3).

The disrespect is not as huge as what other vandals did to other franchises (like destroying Luke in TLJ :rolleyes:), but sill (and isn't it... like... ageism :rolleyes:?)

However, I have to admit that the soundtrack in both Discovery and Picard are awesome.  Jeff Russo is a genius.

1 hour ago, Stromboli1 said:

I'd say it's the same for every diet fad unless for medical reasons.

Like I said before......... it's only a matter of time before we get a personalized diet based on our DNA for longevity and optimal perfomance.

I heard that you can get recommendations, based on tests and bloodwork

Well-deserved for Bong, though I would have never believed beforehand he would win all of Director, Best film, Best foreign film and original screenplay awards.

I thought they'd give him original screenplay and foreign film and then give Phillips & Scorsese one each of Director and Best film.

But it's very well deserved and finally puts an end to the absurdity of no Korean film ever even being nominated for an Oscar.

the Oscars are bullshit- both the movies and the actors getting nominated.  The quality of the performance and film is only a fraction of what really matters to get a film/actor nominated.  It's a game.

What struck me as apt was when Edward Norton and other actors called it an self-congratulatory/self-mythologizing ritual for people who play pretend for a living.